Blind Guardian

Haha, nice... did they cover any Helloween?:D

Excellent show last night, they were just as fantastic as always! As usual I'm pretty bad with remembering setlists, but here's what I remember:

"Nightfall"
"Fly"
"The Last Candle"
"Lord of the Rings"

and I think "Mirror Mirror" was the last song, that's usually the one they end with

Overall, a great night, and I enjoyed Grave Digger too

Erm... you know Guardian have been around for close to 30 years now, right?

Yes. But the way they have such an original sound and style reminds me of why people were attracted to Maiden in the first place. BG should and could be bigger.

Possible, but they are huge in Europe. They headline every major metal festival here, they sell out fairly big venues and everybody knows them. They're certainly as big as a metal act can get.

But I mean in North America. If the could be as big in North America as they are in Europe, they'd be in the history books. Of metal. Not just European metal.

Middle of the road. Not remarkable but not nearly as bad as NP claims. :p The first two tracks are awesome, the rest is enjoyable but I don't go out of my way to listen to it.

Blind Guardian just announced some more tour dates that actually constitute a proper UK tour. I'll definitely go to their London show on May 22nd and I'm tempted by the Nottingham show the night before. They are even going to play in Scotland for the fist time ever but it's a couple of years too late for me.

Last night I saw Blind Guardian for the second year running in London. Here is the setlist. They covered nine albums overall which is a pretty damn good mix considering the songs they could have played (and in comparison to other bands). Hopefully they'll be back again next Spring. :D

There was this shocking moment which left me speechless though:
WP_20160522_19_38_32_Pro.jpg
:eek:

I think that if he were really doing what we think he was doing, the angle of his arm and his body would be smaller and his small finger would be closer to his ring finger.

Back