Blaze Bayley

Which makes one think: why did Blaze wait for so long to raise these issues?
I've wondered that myself, and came to the same conclusion Dityn came up with. I mean, he sorta jokingly recounts the story of when he tracked dog shit into Steve's house and onto his rug and thought he was going to be fired. I'm guessing he just knew the pecking order and wasn't going to question Steve or rock the boat in any way. As far as his quotes in At the End of the Day go, he doesn't make any mention of bringing any of his issues up with Steve. It was only in a video interview well after the fact that Janick said they should have downtuned for Blaze.

I always woder why if Maiden refusing to downtune and other assorted excuses that Balze!!11 throws out were really his big problems, that surely his career should have gone in the exact opposite trajectory that it has gone in since he has been freed from the tyranny of Steve.

If my post reads like cheapshots at Blaze, I didn't mean it that way, it was meant to be a response to the usual "steve is the root of all evil" sentiments.

Blaze has released a CD/DVD today, Live in Czech, recorded in Brno last September. It contains the best tunes from the Infinite Entanglement trilogy, a couple of Maiden songs and other well-known songs from his earlier releases.
This live album is a great improvment compared to the Live in France from last year. It sounds a lot a better, thanks to a (relatively) good mix.

I definitely like the new live album, and love that he put two of my favorites from the trilogy on it (The World is Turning the Wrong Way and Together We Can Move the Sun). The only bummer is that half of the songs on Czech are repeats from France. Both drawn from the same tour, I get it, but a missed opportunity to throw on some other songs that haven't gotten much of a live treatment.

John Slater (BLAZE 1999-2004) just uploaded a 45 minute movie on his youtube channel, starting with the recording of Silicon Messiah in 1999.

Rob Naylor recording some bass lines for Ghost in the Machine in the beginning, and Slater recording guitar for that track etc.
There is also footage from Wacken 2000.

Also Rod Smallwood, Steve and Janick at 11:49.

Also interesting with the Truth Revealed / Meant to Be background vocals isolated in the intro.

Last edited:
Listening to Tenth Dimension, man it's been so long since I heard it. Brings back memories of those (better) days for sure...
NP: The Truth Revealed (that solo! :wub:) beautifully fading into Meant To Be. One hell of an album!

Agree. Looking forward to seeing him in September celebrating this great album.

Blaze announced the Tenth Dimension anniversary reissue. I've been waiting for that for a year or so, ever since he announced the anniversary tour. But the end product is quite disappointing. It's just repackaged with an updated artwork and a draft from his Infinite Entanglement book.... No bonus tracks, no nothing. Just a straight Vinyl conversion and the original CD... I'm having a hard time justifying a purchase.

Blaze announced the Tenth Dimension anniversary reissue. I've been waiting for that for a year or so, ever since he announced the anniversary tour. But the end product is quite disappointing. It's just repackaged with an updated artwork and a draft from his Infinite Entanglement book.... No bonus tracks, no nothing. Just a straight Vinyl conversion and the original CD... I'm having a hard time justifying a purchase.
I'm glad I bought the double disc edition when TTD was first released. Great live tracks and Living Someone Else's Life as a bonus song!

I'm going to buy it, just to have the signed Vinyl sleeve on my wall. It's a 10/10 album to me.

Me too, I think the consensus is that Silicon Messiah is the best Blaze album but I've always thought Tenth Dimension was better again.

Reactions: Jer
Back