Blaze Bayley

Just a bit of info on blaze tours.

Uk and mainland europe blaze uses the Band Absolva as a backing band. The setlist will be mainly blaze material with maybe 3/4 songs from his time with maiden.

Eastern Europe/australia/new zealand Blaze works with a promoter who puts on the maiden Paul v Blaze shows. The band are all russian musicians and provided by the promoter.

European guest shows, these are mainly with maiden tribute acts and they choose the setlist. Blaze will only perform tracks he performed either in the studio or live with the band. The only acception to this is wasted years which is one of his favourite maiden tracks.

Acoustic shows, these are with either michelle sciarrotta, Thomas Zwijsen or chris appleton. Set list will be a mix of Blaze solo, maidena and wolfsbane tracks.

US- These shows are as part of "the foundary" project and feature tracks from Blaze, maiden and other metal artists. the band are basically play songs that they enjoy covering.

Canada, the tour was a request from a local maiden tribute act who asked blaze to join them.

Brazil and south america, will either be blaze solo shows with a promoter provided backing band, A tour with fellow metal vocalists contain duets of material from a range of bands. Or acoustic shows with thomas zwijsen.

australia/new zealand Blaze works with a promoter shows. The band are all musicians and provided by the promoter.

What about Wolfsbane. Weren't he toying with the idea of a get together with them at some point or did it fall apart? Perhaps he'd have some success doing a brand new Wolfsbane album because that group also had some fans in the past before Maiden came into the picture.

Wolfsbane are still together as a band but with four schedules to bring together it is not easy.

Only blaze is a full time musician. Steve, Jeff And Danger all have jobs and any touring has to be don when they are able to get leave.

There are some plans kicking about but nothing set in stone. so watch this space really. As at somepoint it will happen.

Well it has happened, a wolfsbane date for october 2015 at Krushfest great yarmouth. check the wolfsbane facebook page.

Hi. Just to let you know about a festival that I am promoting where Blaze will be headlining.
It is on 3rd May and features 6 up and coming bands from the UK, finishing off with Blaze in support of his Silicon Messiah anniversary tour.
The Facebook event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/467108040094568
Tickets can be bought here http://www.theroadhousebirmingham.com/?q=node/987 (£10 in advance for 7 bands - bargain!)
Blaze will also be doing a signing session, so it will be a great opportunity to get your Maiden/Blaze stuff signed.
I look forward to seeing some of you there.

Blaze cooks curry fish fingers and talks music. Weird idea but it works I guess...and funny to see people in new situations like this. Blaze's three desert island albums: Dark Side of The Moon, Operation Mindcrime and the greatest hits of Elvis Presley. Interesting :D

Last edited:
I wasn't particularly a fan of The X Factor or Virtual XI but i've heard Blaze's solo work is incredible so i'll give that a go at some point. I was very happy to hear on For Those About to Rock (one of my favourite music podcasts) that one of their hosts opened for Blaze Bayley with his band. He's a HUGE Maiden fan so must have been an experience.

I wasn't particularly a fan of The X Factor or Virtual XI but i've heard Blaze's solo work is incredible so i'll give that a go at some point. I was very happy to hear on For Those About to Rock (one of my favourite music podcasts) that one of their hosts opened for Blaze Bayley with his band. He's a HUGE Maiden fan so must have been an experience.

Do check it out. His first three albums I feel are his best, and The Man Who Would Not Die is quite good as well. Tough getting into the two that followed (Promise and Terror, The King of Metal) personally, but his Russian Holiday acoustic EP is damn good. Check him out live too, if you ever get the chance. You'll likely be in the midst of a very small crowd (depending on where you live, of course), but he puts in as much effort as if he were singing in front of a stadium crowd.

Do check it out. His first three albums I feel are his best, and The Man Who Would Not Die is quite good as well. Tough getting into the two that followed (Promise and Terror, The King of Metal) personally, but his Russian Holiday acoustic EP is damn good. Check him out live too, if you ever get the chance. You'll likely be in the midst of a very small crowd (depending on where you live, of course), but he puts in as much effort as if he were singing in front of a stadium crowd.

Alright, will do.

10922615_10152864286735509_9050866572460449737_n.jpg

This one totally escaped from my radar:
Maybe some of you've heard it already.

Credits:
Written, arranged and produced by Chris Declercq, features Blaze Bayley on the vocals (Iron Maiden), Michael Kenney on keyboards (Iron Maiden), David Moreno (Bruce Dickinson, Puddle Of Mudd), on the drums. Guitars and bass, Chris Declercq. Backing vocals, Emily Lazar. Mix by Roy Z (Halford, Judas Priest, Bruce Dickinson) and mastered by Tom Baker (Mötley Crüe, Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson).

That organ in Futureal is good! And Blaze does this very well indeed! Fits the atmosphere.

I really appreciate them doing a Blaze era song!

This one totally escaped from my radar:
Maybe some of you've heard it already.

Credits:
Written, arranged and produced by Chris Declercq, features Blaze Bayley on the vocals (Iron Maiden), Michael Kenney on keyboards (Iron Maiden), David Moreno (Bruce Dickinson, Puddle Of Mudd), on the drums. Guitars and bass, Chris Declercq. Backing vocals, Emily Lazar. Mix by Roy Z (Halford, Judas Priest, Bruce Dickinson) and mastered by Tom Baker (Mötley Crüe, Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson).
Ugh, whoever did the pitch correction on those vocals should... Have left it to somebody else. Like whoever did the Maiden United pitch correction.

Very cool song and Blaze sounds good. Great really, aside from the atrocious tuning.

Not bad at all,but really Blaze's voice sounds artificial lol

I can't decide if I like Blaze or Paul more as #2, but they're both clearly well below Bruce. Not even close. I don't know if it's the production quality, or just his voice, but I struggle to hear Blaze when he gets really low in some of the songs on the two albums. I have to turn the volume up about five notches higher than I usually keep it to kind of hear him, then when the instrumental parts get going, it's so loud I have to turn it back down.
I can't enjoy a singer if I can't hear you.

Back