10. Futureal
11. The Launch
12. Man On The Edge
13. Running Free
14. Iron Maiden

15. Fear Of The Dark
16. Wasted Years
17. The Trooper

Source with a review of the show as well: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25982

I was as the same show! And yes, he was so amazing and energetic! It was so great to meet him and get my X Factor book signed as well.

NICE!!! I don't know about you, but I thought he put on a better show than he did when Maiden did the Mirage back in early '96. He performed well that time, but he's singing material more consistently in his range nowadays, so he sang better overall this time. But yep, I'm so glad I went to that little club show. :yes:

Ya, that's a bit strange. He's hardly ever done Maiden songs unless he was the original singer.

He said a few months back that he'll be playing in new areas that don't necessarily know a lot of his solo stuff, so he said he's loading the set with more Maiden stuff. That's the only reason I can think he would do those songs, 'cause yeah, him playing non-Blaze era stuff is generally something he doesn't do much of, a few exceptions aside.

He really does not have his own band anymore, so he pretty much roams the Earth looking for bands he can play with. Cheaper for sure, but I imagine the quality suffers

That's terrible...Smells a lot like Blaze is going the Di'Anno route.
What's terrible is that only a clique of Metal fans give a crap about Blaze. Hardly any Maiden fans that aren't diehards seem to give a rats ass. That's why he can't afford to tour with a proper band, which I suppose you might even pay a wage or whatever inbetween tours? I've seen Blaze two times. First time there was about 50 people, the second time where he played with Paul there was 100. You can't support a full band on that crowd attendance. Blaze is doing what he has to do in order to make a living as a musician.

Besides, Blaze is unlike Paul, all about the fans.

Edit: I just found this!
7 songs featuring Blaze (2 of them being short ones under 3 minutes). There's a lot of single songs floating around with random bands featuring Blaze. It is for the most part, really good stuff.

Last edited:
What's terrible is that only a clique of Metal fans give a crap about Blaze.
You may have a point here, but we may also wonder why it has come this far. When he started out he played for more people than these days. Better band (songwriters and musicians), better albums, and probably also: better gigs (I've seen the differences).

That said: While I really hope Blaze will have another talented and steady band around him in the future, I'll sure keep my ears open for new music from the current bunch.

I think it's quite obvious why. Blaze Bayley was never popular to begin with. But with Silicon Messiah, he had a type of momentum (although whoever came up with the idea to release it at the same time as Brave New World? So utterly stupid), and a label that actively backed him, when there still was a respectful amount of money in smaller Metal acts. But while BLAZE made strong albums, he was overshadowed by Maiden and people quickly forgot about him. And in time with declining labels he had no financial muscle to make a name for himself other than "that guy who replaced Bruce Dickinson, but made crappy albums with Maiden and finally went away when Bruce and Adrian returned".

So by the time of Promise and Terror, he played some of his gigs (dunno how many) in bars where 50 people showed up, where yours truly had one of his best concert experiences ever. Shortly after that he had to let the band go because he couldn't afford to keep paying them.

And of course, Blaze kept on going doing what he loves, because let's face it, after his stint with Maiden you don't just go to become a cell phone salesman, especially since Blaze wanted the life of a rock musicians since he worked in that hotel reception a long time ago, when he started to sing. So Blaze kept on going and eventually released King of Metal, a bland album with bland songs and crappy, production. Which is why yours truly never bought the album.

Blaze is though, taking care of whatever fans he's got left. He's putting 100% into his performances, always signs autographs and chats with the fans. And because the fans he's got left still likes him they still buy the stuff he puts out. Like the Live in Prague DVD. I preorded it, and Blaze used that money to pay for the making of said DVD.

So, what I'm saying here is: Support the artists you like and especially so if they aren't very successful, because your support is the difference between a quality product put forth by the artist and a mediocre one.

Last edited:
I realize how tragic the man's career path is, and I am aware of all the prejudice, and I admire your vocal support for the man, but still you phrased this with humour I can laugh about! :)

"that guy who replaced Bruce Dickinson, but made crappy albums with Maiden and finally went away when Bruce and Adrian returned".
And of course, Blaze kept on going doing what he loves, because let's face it, after his stint with Maiden you don't just go to become a cell phone salesman,

When my dad and I saw Blaze in 2011, his members were from the band that opened and they actually sounded really good. It is sad that more people don't support him though.

What about Wolfsbane. Weren't he toying with the idea of a get together with them at some point or did it fall apart? Perhaps he'd have some success doing a brand new Wolfsbane album because that group also had some fans in the past before Maiden came into the picture.

What about Wolfsbane. Weren't he toying with the idea of a get together with them at some point or did it fall apart? Perhaps he'd have some success doing a brand new Wolfsbane album because that group also had some fans in the past before Maiden came into the picture.

Oh, it totally happened. They released an EP, a rarities collection and a new album and went on tour in 2011/12. It just went the way a reunion of a band that had a hit in 1990 usually goes.

Back