Blaze Bayley

He really does not have his own band anymore, so he pretty much roams the Earth looking for bands he can play with. Cheaper for sure, but I imagine the quality suffers

Check out this list. Enough said...
List 1 is before his current wife was involved
List 2 was after she fired the BB-Band

And off-course the quality sufferd! Check his last releases... Everything after P&T is crap while everything before that moment was outstanding!

(1999-2010)

01) John Slater
02) Steve Wray
03) Rob Naylor
04) Jeff Singer
05) Phil Greenhouse
06) Wayne Banks
07) Jason Bowld
08) Oliver Palotai
09) Luca Princiotta
10) Nick Douglas
11) Dani Loble
12) Christian Amman
13) Dani Schild
14) Rico Bandera
15) Rich Newport
16) Nico Bermudez
17) Dave Bermudez
18) Jay Walsh
19) Larry Paterson

(2011-now)

01)Claudio Tirincanti
02)Steve Deleu
03)Nick Meganck
04)Andrei Smirnov
05)Ilya Mamontov
06)Nicolai Korshunov
07)Andrei Ischenko
08)Doug Dalton
09)Jimmy Landner-Brown
10)Stu Tyrrell
11)Dom Simpson
12)Carlo Micheletti
13)Michele Galli
14)Matteo Panzavolta
15)Gianluca Calanca
16)Thomas Zwijsen
17)Anne Bakker
18)Andrea Neri
19)Rick Plester
20)MG Jones
21)Chris Declercq
22)Matt Mclean
23)Bill Legue
24)Yigit Ozdagli
25)Denisan Sari
26)Levent Agrali
27)Erhan Cabuk
28)Lorenzo Carancini
29)Simone Massimi
30)Roberto Pirami
31)Honza Behunek
32)Tomas Kuchta
33)Lukas Kunes
34)Neil
35)Lehmann
36)James Conford
37)Pete Welsh
38)Jim Houghton
39)Rai Whisker
40)Dave Andrews
41)Jens Olafson
42)Ingi Stefanson
43)Gunnlaugur Larusson
44)Jon Bjorn Rikarosson
45)Arry Hogstad
46)John V
47)Richie Nielsen
48)Rick Hagan
49)John Moyer
50)James Kottak
51)Shawn Austin
52)Olivier Arpin
53)Stephane Laroche
54)Michelle Scirarotta
55)Luke Appleton
56)Chris Appleton
57)Martin Mcknee
58)Dan Bates
59)Steven Bergeron
60)Leandro Alves
61)Math Gagnon
62)Jef Rastoldo
63)Vladimir Litsov
64)Sergey Serbrennikov
65)AJ Pero
66)Lely Bicasse
67)Raphael Gazal
68)Lennon Bicasse
69)Guto Franceschet
70)Juro Gasinec
71)Tibor Buso
72)Jan Kicin
73)Lubo Franek
74)Karl Schramm

I wouldn't say everything before 2010 was outstanding. Especially live, it went downhill already as soon as John Slater didn't want to perform anymore. *shakes head when thinking about his various stand-ins.*

Also, Jeff Singer, was the best drummer so everyone else after him was worse. Or at least: they were definitely not outstanding.

Steve Wray still pulled it off and was very loyal for a long time. Later Blaze surrounded himself with various people who formed a real band (The Man Who Wouldn't Die + Promise and Terror era) and compared to what happened later, this time can be seen as outstanding, but compared to that first band they were not outstanding. If they were, then how are we going to call that first era?

edit:
The length of that post-2010 list is ridiculous. How many hours have you been busy with sorting this out? :)

I wouldn't say everything before 2010 was outstanding. Especially live, it went downhill already as soon as John Slater didn't want to perform anymore. *shakes head when thinking about his various stand-ins.*

Also, Jeff Singer, was the best drummer so everyone else after him was worse. Or at least: they were definitely not outstanding.

Steve Wray still pulled it off and was very loyal for a long time. Later Blaze surrounded himself with various people who formed a real band (The Man Who Wouldn't Die + Promise and Terror era) and compared to what happened later, this time can be seen as outstanding, but compared to that first band they were not outstanding. If they were, then how are we going to call that first era?

edit:
The length of that post-2010 list is ridiculous. How many hours have you been busy with sorting this out? :)

A few copy/paste ;-)

Nobody can't deny that BB released nothing but shit after P&T! Lack of quality on releases, lack of quality live.... Everything downhill!

Hopefully he will use his brain & decide by himself when the new wolfsbane album is there!!!

A few copy/paste ;-)

Nobody can't deny that BB released nothing but shit after P&T! Lack of quality on releases, lack of quality live.... Everything downhill!

Hopefully he will use his brain & decide by himself when the new wolfsbane album is there!!!

Disagree also. His Russian Holiday EP, even though acoustic versions of previously released songs, minus the title track, was very good. And a new Wolfsbane album isn't going to save anything. Their sorta reunion album, "Wolfsbane Saves the World" was okay, but nothing too brilliant.

The Blaze Bayley Band (Nico Bermudez, David Bermudez, Jay Walsh, Lawrence Paterson) is my personal favourite period. Not only because The Man Who Would Not Die and Promise and Terror are my personal favourite albums of Blaze career, but also because they were a kick-ass live act in their own right:

The energy, Blaze enormous vocal power, and the band's very live sounding take on a modern metal sound makes them one of my favourite bands in the genre. Don't get me wrong, I think Andy Sneap's involvement in the" BLAZE" days was absolutely vital, but I also think this later band were better in their own right. They had a more unique sound - not just another triggered drum sound (to be honest, I can't tell Jeff Singer's drumming from anybody else's Sneap has produced) and they even made an old Maiden-favourite like "Man on the Edge" (above) sound comfortably close to their own material.

You judge the Bermudez band by their live quality but you don't do the same with the first band (just studio sound commentary).

A very different version. Man on the Edge without drums! Cool guitar work

Guitar Chris Appleton (Absolva)
Bass Luke Appleton (Iced Earth)

One guy on the fan club forum posted a pic of Steve playing with Blaze (the band) asking for info. One of the administrators answered and added a photo : it was dec. 22th 2000 in London, and they played Man on the Edge.
I post the pics for those who are not registered.

Attachments

• weihnachten.jpg
    weihnachten.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 31
  • The Underworld December 2000 2.jpg
    The Underworld December 2000 2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 27
So, anyone catch any shows on the USA tour that just ended 3 days ago? I'm surprised no one has even mentioned it. I didn't even know about it! I'm glad he skipped us or I would have been pissed I missed him.

I was at this gig: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blaze-bayley/2014/mavericks-ottawa-on-canada-6bcc82de.html

It was incredible. I was exhausted, which is why I never posted a review. I don't really *remember* much of it. The backing band was a local Iron Maiden cover band and they were not terribly good, but they nailed The Clansman. They all fucked up Blaze's songs though, which was really disappointing. There were about 100 people there -less than half capacity. I was gonna stay but I was literally falling asleep on my feet.

Well, I guess it's a different feeling after someone has experienced that. I remember Bruce doing Flight of Icarus and Powerslave with his band, in a time when Maiden hadn't done these since the eighties. Mindblowing.

What I meant was, I don't care about Blaze doing those Maiden songs, because I like those songs because of Maiden, not because of Blaze :p If I recall correctly, he played more Maiden songs than his own songs, plus he even played Maiden songs he didn't originally sing on, which is baffling to me. If he still had his permanent band and played his songs + few TXF/VXI songs, then I'd go see that.

It's different with Bruce.

Back