Blaze Bayley

Anyone catching him/anyone having caught him during his Iron Maiden 30th anniversary tour? I'll be seeing him play tonight and am excited to see him live again. Even moreso with this theme being a lot more Iron Maiden centric.

Anyone catching him/anyone having caught him during his Iron Maiden 30th anniversary tour? I'll be seeing him play tonight and am excited to see him live again. Even moreso with this theme being a lot more Iron Maiden centric.
I’m driving to Sala om Friday.

I’m driving to Sala om Friday.
You're in for a treat! Just for the sake of the setlist, it's one of the best performances I've been to.

I definitely do not regret foregoing an Eid dinner with family and relatives for this show. It is a big deal enough to be compared to skipping Christmas dinner with friends and family for a concert. Topping Ramadan off with this concert has made this year's month one for the ages.

I really, really was rooting for him back in those days. I was so eager to hear how he'd sound on the Bruce material, and didn't know that much about singing at the time so it didn't occur to me that he might not be capable of the Bruce stuff. Fortunately, the first bootleg I got my hands on back then was The Eternal Flame, and he sounded...fairly decent on most of the Bruce stuff. It wasn't until later on when I got other boots, like the infamous Santiago one, where I saw how badly Steve blew it with not downtuning that material. And of course, by the end of each show, Blaze was drenched with sweat, which exacerbated the bald look.

As for the baldness thing, that was curious to me. He wisely donned the backwards-turned cap on the Virtual XI tour, and then at some point after he went solo, he went and got hair implants (likely for free for appearing in ads for the company). Not too long after, he started shaving his head, presumably because the implants weren't all they were cracked up to be. Fortunately, the man's got a good dome, and looks good bald.
Fyi they weren't implants it was a hairpiece

You're in for a treat! Just for the sake of the setlist, it's one of the best performances I've been to.

I definitely do not regret foregoing an Eid dinner with family and relatives for this show. It is a big deal enough to be compared to skipping Christmas dinner with friends and family for a concert. Topping Ramadan off with this concert has made this year's month one for the ages.
Had a fantastic gig too! Blaze got (rightfully) pissed though with a guy attempting to climb onto the stage and tore him a new one.

Yup Optima doesn't do transplants but hair systems or wigs basically. So blaze wore one at the back of his head for a few years.

I remember going to a show near the end of when he was wearing one and during the encore he came out randomly wearing a bandana, so he probably took the damn thing off.

Stopped wearing it for good soon after that. Probably annoying and expensive.

Gonna see him with the Maiden anniversary set in September. Really excited to hear those songs live, since Maiden aren't touching any of them anyway.

If I ever get the chance to talk to him I'll have to urge him to play Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger though. It's my all-time favorite Maiden song :D

I'll have to urge him to play Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger though. It's my all-time favorite Maiden song :D
no-regrets-tattoo-i-regert-nothing_orig.jpg

Gonna see him with the Maiden anniversary set in September. Really excited to hear those songs live, since Maiden aren't touching any of them anyway.

If I ever get the chance to talk to him I'll have to urge him to play Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger though. It's my all-time favorite Maiden song :D
Enjoy the gig! I’m not seeing Blaze this year unless he plays closer to home.

I’ve been listening to Virtual XI today. It was my first Maiden album and I have always really enjoyed it. It brings back nice memories from my youth.

If Blaze played it he would certainly tinker with the length, shorten it and play it in a lower key. Basically improve it like he does the other maiden ones he does.

If Blaze played it he would certainly tinker with the length, shorten it and play it in a lower key. Basically improve it like he does the other maiden ones he does.
Well, I wouldn't mind. Though I don't think he'd need to transpose that one. It's not a difficult song to sing and has never been out of his range. It's one of the rare Maiden songs to be in G# minor.

Back