Blaze Bayley

Do someone of You, guys, know why Blaze is also called "The Dark Lord" ? :blink:

Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger didn't work out live in 1998 and I don't think Blaze want to force his band members to learn that track now.

Last edited:

Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger didn't work out live in 1998 and I don't think Blaze want to force his band members to learn that track now.
"Didn't work out" is a bit of an overstatement. By the same idea most TXF and VXI songs bombed in that concert, simply because most Maiden fans weren't into those albums.

"Forcing his band members to learn a song" is funny considering that 12 out of 14 songs on the current tour are from those Maiden albums. What's one more? It's not like it's the most difficult song either.

Blaze has grown as a vocalist in the last 30 years and gets to play in front of smaller, but all the more loyal, crowds. If there's any audience that would appreciate DLTTEOAS, whether in rearranged or its original form, it's the ones going to this tour. The middle section is perfect for audience participation and the instrumental section afterwards lets the band go wild for a minute.

"Didn't work out" is a bit of an overstatement. By the same idea most TXF and VXI songs bombed in that concert, simply because most Maiden fans weren't into those albums.

"Forcing his band members to learn a song" is funny considering that 12 out of 14 songs on the current tour are from those Maiden albums. What's one more? It's not like it's the most difficult song either.
Many of the songs from The X Factor and Virtual XI were very welcomed by the audience back in 1998:
Just listen to the crowd enthusiastically clapping along to Fortunes of War! Also Sign of the Cross, Man on the Edge, Futureal and The Clansman got a very good reception.

But Don't look to the Eyes of A Stranger was not of those tracks, and the band struggled to perform it. Listen at 6:21 in the clip that I posted, I don't know what happened.

Last edited:
Most

Many of the songs from The X Factor and Virtual XI were very welcomed by the audience back in 1998:
Just listen to the crowd enthusiastically clapping along to to Fortunes of War! Also Sign of the Cross, Man on the Edge, Futureal and The Clansman got a very good reception.

But Don't look to the Eyes of A Stranger was not of those tracks, and the band struggled to perform it. Listen at 6:21 in the clip that I posted, I don't what happened.
It's not a mystery: Steve fucked up and played a semitone higher.

I think it's a bit silly to never again consider a song just because a different line up/band fucked it up more than a quarter of a century ago.

Maiden have made mistakes on plenty of other songs throughout the years. It's the nature of playing live.

Back