Blaze Bayley

The production of the live album is very good. Judgement Of Heaven is one of my favorite Maiden songs, they should have played it live back in the day. Those melodies! Como Estais Amigos is a great addition, while I appreciate the less heavier version of Lord Of The Flies. Fortunes Of War is like Afraid To Shoot Strangers plus a gallop. The melodic style of the Maiden songs and his new songs are perfect for him.

He needs to release a live album with The Aftermath, Blood On The World's Hands, 2 A.M., The Unbeliever, Lightning Strikes Twice, The Educated Fool and Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger.

I like the album, and I think Blaze's vocals sound better than on the last few studio albums.

I have no issue with 4 out of 9 nine tracks being Maiden songs, as those are songs Maiden would never perform anyway - Fortunes of War was last played by Maiden in 1998 (at the first shows of the Virtual XI tour) and Lord of the Flies has not been in the set since 2003/2004. The other two other have never been done live.

The guitarists don't really play the Maiden stuff accurate note to note though, but they don't have to do that either.

Edit: The only thing that I don't like is that the clean lead guitar during the intro in Fortunes of War has been simplified. The guitarist didn't bother to learn the full thing for some reason, but it's easy to play if you just check some tablature.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to why there are only 9 songs. I don't know the length of this album, but the studio version of these songs adds up to only around 43 minutes. His live performances are usually 80-90 minutes.
I think they just cut out the previously released songs. 1 disc, same price = profit. Blaze really needed the money after the tour cancellation and surgeries.

I'm curious as to why there are only 9 songs. I don't know the length of this album, but the studio version of these songs adds up to only around 43 minutes. His live performances are usually 80-90 minutes.
I was curious about that too, but agree with Yax above. He'd just done Live in France and Live in Czech, and those albums had HEAVY overlap of the same songs.

Really excited for the Metal Fest show in Sweden. David Reece will be a great show opener, always loved the Bangalore Choir material. Hope he plays Balls to the Balls as he occasionally do. Absolva is always great fun!

358129684_664128735758135_7382893388118384702_n.jpg

I didn't get to watch the whole interview, but here are some curious bits:

- When Blaze went to see Maiden in Manchester this year, he met with Steve, Nicko and Bruce.
- He thinks he sings his Maiden songs better now because he learned a lot about his voice. Live, I agree. Studio, rather not.
- His new album will be released next year. With 2 guitars, I expect some interesting arrangements and longer songs.

Why a Maiden set when most of his own songs are superior?
At festivals it's the Maiden set now days usually. Perhaps that's what promoters are asking for. He has actually done a lot of festivals in recent years, and perhaps it's easier to get a gig if it's mainly an Iron Maiden set, and the money is probably decent. It's allowing him to pay his musicians to record new albums with him, so it's not a bad thing.

Last edited:
At festivals it's the Maiden set now days usually. Perhaps that's what promoters are asking for. He has actually done a lot of festivals in recent years, and perhaps it's easier to get a gig if it's mainly an Iron Maiden set, and the money is probably decent. It's allowing him to pay his musicians to record new albums with him, so it's not a bad thing.
And the crowds enjoy the maiden set, because they don't always invite Blaze's solo stuff so it makes sense at a festival

Then at his own shows this year, he played 10 songs from his current band, 4 songs from the BLAZE days, and just 2 Maiden tracks (Man on the Edge and Futureal), so it's not like he is turning into D'iAnno 2.0 fully.

Then at his own shows this year, he played 10 songs from his current band, 4 songs from the BLAZE days, and just 2 Maiden tracks (Man on the Edge and Futureal), so it's not like he is turning into D'iAnno 2.0 fully.

His latest album is really good, with a mix of both, could honestly have being a double CD

Attachments

• gm.jpg
    gm.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 3
Back