Blaze Bayley

The band that wrote the songs on Silicon Messiah (and Tenth Dimension) can be seen performing in this video.

Blaze (and some fans) seem to have forgotten their contributions in recent years though, with making up a story about that the prime Silicon Messiah material consisted of some lost Maiden tracks, that he penned by himself... :facepalm:

Last edited:

The band that wrote the songs on Silicon Messiah (and Tenth Dimension) can be seen performing in this video.

Blaze (and some fans) seem have forgotten their contributions in recent years though, with making up a story about that the prime Silicon Messiah material consisted of some lost Maiden tracks, that he penned by himself... :facepalm:
Is ANYBODY saying that? All he said was that he had a handful of song ideas that he'd worked on that he was going to present to the band for Blaze album #3, but those ideas went on Silicon Messiah instead. Blaze writes lyrics and vocal melodies. That's about it, from all that I've read. Obviously if Blaze #3 had happened, those songs would sound wildly different if Steve and the others had gotten their hands on them. The jokes above that there would simply be more repetition were clearly jokes. I got that, at least, but I guess others didn't.

Ordered the new live album on CD recently, along with the last two parts of the Infinite Intanglement trilogy, which I missed out on.

And it was not a bad choice to put Fortunes of War in the set for that live record, as that is a track Maiden will never perform again.

On a sidenote, Look for the Truth also sounded good on Alive in Poland, back in 2007. I think he should do that again as well, even though it's a bit demanding.

Last edited:
Indeed. And I'm very much looking forward to the album, and even more so to seeing him live again, it has been five years or so at this point.

Watching him in his Athens show from 2022.
What a crowd! And blaze sounds good. The band are definitely B level talents though but seem like nice guys.

Is that drummer the same one as the albums? He sounds fine, like a double bassing standard metal drummer on the albums. Live he's really really basic.

TBH he looks great and losing weight Is part of the recovery ! He looks younger this way!!! Go Blaze!!!!
It would be nice if his doctors would take this opportunity to figure out his depression medication so he could maintain a healthier physique. Weight gain is a common side effect to several medications, and from one of his Infinite Entanglement documentaries, he carries around a gallon-sized Zip-lock bag full of various meds. He got diagnosed prior to Blood and Belief, that's when he gained a lot of weight, so one (or more) of those meds is very likely keeping him in his heavier state.

I'm no doctor, of course, but I'd like to see Blaze go on and live strong for a long time to come, and keeping that weight off couldn't hurt in that regard.

From the official Blaze Bayley Facebook page :

We are very thrilled to announce that Blaze has targeted his return to live shows, starting with the original UK dates which were scheduled for October/November & now go ahead as planned this year...
October
27 Bridgwater, Cobblestones
November
3 Nuneaton, Queens Hall
4 Oxford, Rabidfest
5 Bradford, Nightrain
10 Winchester, The Railway
11 Milton Keynes, Craufurd Arms
Ticketlinks will be restored to the official Blaze Bayley website imminently, meantime please go to the venue websites for more detail.
Thank you everyone. We cannot wait to be back out there with you.
Tomorrow & next week we have exciting tour news for 2024 - join the newsletter/mailing list at http://eepurl.com/cqsPAT
Photocredit: Kate Ross
#blazebayley #britishmetal #ironmaiden #wolfsbane #absolva #blazebayleyontour

347252563_835702171253285_8013493924146102797_n.jpg

Back