Black Sabbath

Forostar said:
I have some bootlegs with Ray Gillen singing with Sabbath, I have heard the demos Gillen did with Sabbath in 1986 (now available on a new edition of The Eternal Idol), but I had never seen any footage of Sabbath performing with Ray Gillen. Until today (a bit late because it was uploaded a millennium ago). The quality of the vid isn't that good, but what a voice (and one of Iommi's best riffs)!

Black Sabbath - Danger Zone (live in Montreal w/Ray Gillen)
Wow, he sounds amazing! It's a shame that his career was so short and obscure (in terms of released material) :(
This is stunning too.

Might agree with you here. I still didn't buy that double CD release of that album. Bit expensive.  :D

And his version of Danger Zone is so awesome... I wish he did vocals on Seventh Star and The Eternal Idol.

It's a shame that Sabbath released only less than a half of the Hammersmith show (full setlist/released setlist) with Gillen singing as the bonus CD for Seventh Star reissue. He was awesome on Heaven & Hell, they should've included at least that song.

Oh fucking hell :(

With the news that Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, his bandmates would like everyone to send positive vibes to the guitarist at this time. Iommi is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan--the “IRON MAN” of Rock & Roll remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery. This comes as Black Sabbath--Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Bill Ward (drums)--are writing and recording their first album in 33 years in Los Angeles (still set for release this fall) with producer Rick Rubin. They will now go to the UK to continue to work with Tony. Further information will be released as it becomes available.

With the news that Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, his bandmates would like everyone to send positive vibes to the guitarist at this time. Iommi is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan--the “IRON MAN” of Rock & Roll remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery.

Fuck it, not Iommi too.The words "early stages" are good to see, because that gives a better prognosis, but cancer is tough anyway. Hope he recovers ...

Horrible news. As EW said, it's early stages - which is the one bit of good news.

Cancer in the lymph nodes is a tough one to beat and get out of the system. Tony is facing a monster of a challenge but I wish him the best, his riffs have made many millions happy.

Fuck it, not Iommi too.The words "early stages" are good to see, because that gives a better prognosis, but cancer is tough anyway. Hope he recovers ...

When I read this I immediately thought of your 2009 comment (Dio):

I'm happy to notice the "early stage" part in an otherwise disturbing sentence. That probably means his prognosis for recovery is good.

Let's indeed hope the best for it.

(Can't help feeling that I find my ticket for the Black Sabbath concert extra special now).

First Dio, now Iommi ... and Ozzy's just fine.

Reminds me of Mark David Chapman. Lennon and Yoko Ono standing side by side, he fires six shots. Hits Lennon 5 times, misses Yoko entirely. :(

Yes, I'm going to hell.

Back