Black Sabbath

No, you're not, as it doesn't exist.

But I appreciate the sentiment. Only the good die young, and all that jazz.

First Dio, now Iommi ... and Ozzy's just fine.

Reminds me of Mark David Chapman. Lennon and Yoko Ono standing side by side, he fires six shots. Hits Lennon 5 times, misses Yoko entirely. :(

Yes, I'm going to hell.
I think it's more a case of some of the members of Black Sabbath are getting ill, but Sharon is just fine.

Incredible bummer. (But SMX's Yoko comment made me laugh.) I suppose that, given that many of the guys I grew up listening to are now in their late sixties, unfortunately we'll start seeing more and more of this bad news over the next decade or so.

BLACK SABBATH drummer Bill Ward has announced that he will not be able to partake in the recording sessions for the band's new album and subsequent touring activities unless he is presented with a "fair agreement." His official statement on the matter reads as follows:

"Dear SABBATH fans, fellow musicians and interested parties,

"At this time, I would love nothing more than to be able to proceed with the BLACK SABBATH album and tour. However, I am unable to continue unless a 'signable' contract is drawn up; a contract that reflects some dignity and respect toward me as an original member of the band.

"Last year, I worked diligently in good faith with [fellow original SABBATH members] Tony [Iommi, guitar], Ozzy [Osbourne, vocals] and Geezer [Butler, bass]. And on [November 11, 2011, again in good faith, I participated in the L.A. press conference.

"Several days ago, after nearly a year of trying to negotiate, another 'unsignable' contract was handed to me.

"Let me say that although this has put me in some kind of holding pattern, I am packed and ready to leave the U.S. for England. More importantly, I definitely want to play on the album, and I definitely want to tour with BLACK SABBATH.

"Since the news of Tony's illness, and the understanding that the band would move production to the U.K., I've spent every day getting to or living in a place of readiness to leave. That involves something of a task, and as I've tried to find out what's going on with the U.K. sessions, I've realized that I've been getting 'the cold shoulder' (and, I might add, not for the first time). Feeling somewhat ostracized, my guess is as of today, I will know nothing of what'shappening unless I sign 'the unsignable contract.'

"The place I'm in feels lousy and lonely because as much as I want to play and participate, I also have to stand for something and not sign on. If I sign 'as is,' I stand to lose my rights, dignity and respectability as a rock musician.

"I believe in freedom and freedom of speech.

"I grew up in a hard rock/metal band. We stood for something then, and we played from the heart with honesty and sincerity. I am in the spirit of integrity, far from the corporate malady, I am real and honest, fair and compassionate.

"If I'm replaced, I have to face you, the beloved SABBATH fans. I hope you will not hold me responsible for the failure of an original BLACK SABBATH lineup as promoted. Without fault finding, I want to assure everyone that my loyalty to SABBATH is intact.
"So here I am. I lay my truth down before you. I'm good to go IF I get a 'signable' contract.

"I don't want to let anyone down, especially BLACK SABBATH and all the SABBATH fans. You know I love you. It would be a sad day in rock if this current situation fell to the desires of a few.

"My position is not greed-driven. I'm not holding out for a 'big piece' of the action (money) like some kind of blackmail deal. I’d like something that recognizes and is reflective of my contributions to the band, including the reunions that started fourteen years ago.

"After the last tour, I vowed to never again sign on to an unreasonable contract. I want a contract that shows some respect to me and my family, a contract that will honor all that I've brought to BLACK SABBATH since its beginning.

"That's the story so far.

"Stay safe and stay strong.

"I love every single one of you."

fuuu_Busted-s512x386-98509.png

Man.... he isn't that clear to be honest. I assume that he wants to have the same "treatment" as his fellow Sabbath "mates" and for "some reason" that isn't the case. Damn. Lots of his beloved Sabbath fans have paid a good deal of money to get a ticket for the original line-up.

The reason for the contract being "unsignable" is obviously his share of the money, but for him to complain - how lousy must his share be?

It's a reunion of the original lineup of the godfathers of heavy metal, not an Ozzy Osbourne promotion tour. All members should get an equal share. The original Sabbath was not about one single member - all four played an important part in making Sabbath unique. The fact that Ozzy has had a successful solo career and that Iommi has kept the Sabbath flag flying in the meantime does not matter.

I would not vent my frustration at Ward here.

Agreed 100%. I hope the rest of the band, that Osbourne woman -or whoever who came up with that unhealthy contract- will come to terms with him.

I totally understand him if the wants the same treatment as other members.

I'm sure that this has something to do with that greedy bitch Sharon Osbourne.

Pretty tough to bash anyone without full possession of the facts.
But since it's Sharon Osbourne...

Sounds like Bill Ward wanted some more money, yes. Are they not offering him 25%? I would think they should. It sounds terribly much like they consider him expendable.

Of course, with this, I can all but guarantee someone else will be drumming for the Sabs. Ozzy won't put up with this.

A DJ from a French radio station posted on his blog last night that Black Sabbath are going to pull out of their tour and Ozzy will take up the tour, apart from the Hellfest show where Guns N Roses would replace them. He later said that Sabbath had definitely pulled out of Hellfest. However, this morning the final line-up was confirmed and Sabbath remain on the bill.

The DJ seems to be a fairly credible source, late last year he said that Faith No More, Slash and Queen with Adam Lambert would be at Sonisphere France. Today's article on The Daily Star's website adds weight to that story as the French and British Sonispheres fall on the same weekend. The Sabbath story might be false but I don't think the guy is making it up.

Foro, remember you asked me to explain how important I think that Popoff rant is? This whole secenario and the picture above answers and illustrates your question.

Read back and you'll understand the importance. You stated it was a 'vague article'. :rolleyes:
He didn't wrote that for nothing and I knew that as soon as I read that.

A friend of mine said the share(on) goes like this:

Ozzy: 50%
Tony & Geezer: 20% each
Bill: 10%

100/4 doesn't equals 25 here.

MetalTalk.net have just been informed by a reliable source that Sharon Osbourne has fired Bill Ward. If this turns out to be true, as fully expected, then it won't go down well with the Metal community. MetalTalk.net understands that Bill's replacement will be Tommy Clufetos from the Ozzy Osbourne band. We'll find out more as soon as possible. Stay posted for more information as we have it...

There's no justice in the world when Dio and many other legends die of cancer yet this bitch survives it.

I expected that the replacement will be someone from Ozzy's band and not Appice, though I expected Mike Bordin (who is a much better drummer than this guy).

Back