Black Sabbath

This drumming looks and sounds pretty cool.

https://instagram.com/p/1mMF3hwVCm/?taken-by=billwarddrummer
https://instagram.com/p/1l14bGQVPT/?taken-by=billwarddrummer

Bill addresses Ozzy's Facebook post.

1. You never wanted to discuss in a public forum. BUT, you did by making all these public comments during your interviews for the 13 album and tour. I was only responding in kind. Don’t forget why I spoke out. If you had talked to me and shared your opinions privately, we wouldn’t be here today.

2. I was ready and in shape to record. I knew I would need to get in better shape for the gigs –same as I have needed to do and have done in the past. I was beginning my workout regime to get “tour ready.” I knew what I needed to do to play the gigs, and I was confident I would be ready. I would not commit to an extensive tour without believing I could go all the way with it. I wouldn’t do that to our fans.

3. Shoulder Surgery. This was not a surgery that was an immediate necessity, or an emergency, or something that was prohibitive in terms of playing drums in Sabbath. It wasn’t anything like that. I would have elected to do the surgery after we finished touring, but since that didn’t come to pass, I scheduled it for the fall of 2013. My other surgery, yes was unexpected, but who among us knows what curve balls might be coming our way. Having had to recently cancel your own gigs, I think you could understand that and not hold someone to “what ifs”.

4. The “unsignable” contract isn’t a smokescreen – it’s the truth. I have been honest with our fans on where I stand. Your opinions of me are completely immaterial – they have nothing to do with my reason for not participating - the “unsignable” contract – that’s it. I wonder if I had signed it if any of this would have come up? I imagine we would have made an album and done a tour with the original line up in place.

Hey Oz,

It’s not going to work.

I can see you,

And, I read your statement.

Boy oh boy.

Well, I know I didn’t expect you to respond to my request of an apology. By the way, it’s pretty easy to go back and really look at what was truth and what was not.

I notice you’re including Tony and Geezer in being in full agreement, that with my health condition I couldn’t have played a two hour set with a drum solo. First time I’ve ever heard about a two hour show with a drum solo. But I’m asking you, not them. Why did you stay in the studio working with me? Why did we go to England for band rehearsals in August 2011? Why did we continue rehearsing in the Fall? Why did we make the announcement of 11/11/11? Why did you call me in late January 2012 asking me to come over to England to continue rehearsals? Why, if you thought I was so unhealthy, did you continue with me at all? You know why, Oz, because I was fine. I was playing. I was good to go.

I ran into no, zero, health problems until October 22nd 2013. Oz, I could have played my ass off in 2012, all the way through to October 22nd 2013. The shoulder operation was optional. It was quiet and I needed a wear and tear adjustment. I was fine. I could have gone without surgery. But listen to you, hitting back and hard, too.

I don’t believe a word of it. I am not an enemy. Eternity will show and serve as proof.

None of it, Oz.

I’m not going to own a fucking thing, other than I came into the studio initially overweight to tour, but not overweight to record. I was good to record. All of you know how much I put in, especially when I prepare to tour.

Your own anticipatory fear has got you by the balls. What fucking smokescreen, about an unsignable contract.

Yes, let’s get honest. I did.

It came out in my statement Wednesday, April 15, 2015.

I’m not playing (your quote). I never did. I don’t fuck with sincerity and honesty, period. I’ve done nothing but bring my truth to the fans. Man, you spin it real well. Sorry I can’t love you back, Oz. I put my love for you somewhere safe inside my heart in 2012 when your stories started showing up. It’s hard to love someone who thinks he’s telling the truth by making false claims, elitist comments and just plain rude statements.

It’ll show up, Oz, in your dreams, in your daily days. I’m clean and have nothing to feel doubtful about. All my actions have been of loyalty, honesty, and open-mindedness.

Stay safe old friend.

Sad we couldn’t roll it out for the fans one more time.

I read your speculation, and your what ifs, your doubts. I’m about as far away from being a victim as I am from Hell itself.

Last edited:
This is Tony Iommi's reaction on a new tribute album coming up:

A big thank you to everyone involved in the album, whether you’re a player or not. I’m flattered and honoured to have this done by genuine fans not a label. I’d heard something was going on but wasn’t expecting anything this big. There are so many of you it’s impossible to mention the complete list, but great to see old band mates Tony Martin and Vinny Appice getting involved and Mike Exeter producing. Although I understand she doesn’t want to take credit I don’t think it would have happened without Rosie Piergiorgi, and I’m really pleased that she chose to help Macmillan Cancer Support. Go buy a copy, 20 tracks, great value and a good cause! And, please let us know your favourites.

11205590_10153059676348381_3019457682968740282_n.jpg

Tracklist:

DISC 1:
01 Dario Mollo feat. Mark Boals - Never Say Die
02 Maniac Rise - Time Is Mine
03 Kyle Cousins - Heaven And Hell
04 Mario Parga - Scarlet Pimpernel
05 Children Of The Gravy - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
06 Ironlung feat. Wizard Of Ozz - Electric Funeral
07 Tanzan Music Academy - Neon Knights
08 Nick Didkovsky - Orchid
09 Darking - Law Maker
10 Into The Void - Loner

DISC 2:
01 Rekuiem - Paranoid
02 Place Of Skulls feat. Victor Griffin - You Won’t Change Me
03 Black Sabbath Dio Tribute Cz - I
04 Phil Jakes - Behind The Wall Of Sleep
05 Giuntini feat. Tony Martin - Anno Mundi
06 Tony Reed - Live Forever
07 Kill Van Kull - No Stranger To Love
08 Aplanadora feat. Santiago Cabakian - Hole In The Sky
09 Blood Sabbath - Snowblind
10 Phenomena - The Wizard

Ozzy Osbourne fired from Black Sabbath!
CFith5UWgAE5ZZd.jpg

Kidding people!

Still, the real news, for what it's worth:

BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar) and Geezer Butler (bass) reunited with their estranged drummer Bill Ward to accept the Lifetime Achievement award at this year's Ivor Novello Awards, held earlier today (Thursday, May 21) at London, England's Grosvenor House.

Iommi picked up the trophy on SABBATH's behalf, and confirmed the band will embark on its "final tour" next year.

SABBATH accepted the award from QUEEN's Brian May.

Ward stated: "It's been a good 40 years. At least, I think it has."

Asked where SABBATH singer Ozzy Osbourne was, Iommi said: "I don't know, I think he's got a hospital appointment or something."

Speaking to the press backstage after accepting the award, Ward said it was great to see Iommi and Butler again, but admitted he felt "very uncomfortable" knowing they had been touring and recording without him since reforming the band in 2011. He added: "I hope that can change."

I really like '13', but a lot of the songs sound like they were trying to sound like too much like their first three or four albums.

End Of The Beginning sounds a lot like Black Sabbath (the song), and Zeitgeist sounds very similar to Planet Caravan.

But, I still enjoy the album a lot regardless.

That's why I thought 13 was disappointing. We waited all those years for a full reunion album, and we got a half-assed rehash of their past.

It's not the best album ever, but it's certainly not a "pile of shit". End Of The Beginning and God Is Dead are amazing songs.

Don't like Ward's bitter behaviour after he got kicked out, could've handled it with less drama. Made me care much less whether he's in the band or not.

13 is shit. I like it even less than the two Ozzy albums that came before it, at least they were trying something different there. Only 13 song I like is Methademic and that's a bonus track.

Even Ozzy's recent solo stuff is better.

Black Sabbath officially calling it quits after the next tour

"
It's the Beginning of THE END.

It started nearly five decades ago with a crack of thunder, a distant bell ringing and then that monstrous riff that shook the earth. The heaviest rock sound ever heard.

In that moment Heavy Metal was born, created by a young band from Birmingham, England barely out of their teens.

Now it ENDS, the final tour by the greatest Metal Band of all time, BLACK SABBATH. Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler close the final chapter in the final volume of the incredible BLACK SABBATH story.

BLACK SABBATH’s farewell tour, THE END, begins on January 20, 2016 and it promises to surpass all previous tours with their most mesmerizing production ever.

When this tour concludes, it will truly be THE END,

THE END of one of most legendary bands in Rock ’n Roll history...

BLACK SABBATH"

Back