Black Sabbath

At the end of the video it says that there will be more dates announced in October...

I've never seen Sabbath. I guess I have to go to this....

THE END my friends! THE END of the contract with Mrs Osbourne. THE END of this idiotic circus. THE END of this soap.

After THE END, (ex-)Black Sabbath members can do what they like. It can't get worse.

Last edited:
First Aid Kit is a band consisting of two Swedish sisters who perform folk-pop music that features their soft, sweet harmonies. They were discovered by posting a YouTube video of their cover of a soft, gentle Fleet Foxes song. They have done a number of other sweet, gentle covers. So, naturally, they just covered War Pigs. :confused:

It actually sounds good. They nailed it.

Last edited:
BTW, saw Sabbath once in 2013 and it was a once in a lifetime experience. Literally.

I mean, it wasn't bad, but for the love of God I see no reason to go see them again. Iommi's great, yeah, Butler's great, but that's not everyting. Ozzy's ... well, Ozzy and the setlist was very... "safe". No SBS, no Sabotage, no Dio era (none of which I even expected, mind you, but still). It's cool they can rock out well in their sixties/seventies, but Ozzy just stood there like a zombie raising his hands from time to time and the drummer just didn't fit. It was cool to see Into the Void live at least once, though...

(See videos below!)

Some of the biggest names in rock paid tribute to Cirencester drummer Cozy Powell in his home town.

The normally sedate Cotswold town was buzzing today as Queen guitarist Brian May unveiled a plaque in Cozy's honour on the outside wall of the Corn Hall.

It had been put there by Cirencester Civic Society to mark the fact that the former Black Sabbath, Rainbow and Whitesnake rhythm-keeper was from the town and performed in the hall.

Watched by about 500 people, Brian said Cozy had supported him in his musical career before his death nearly 18 years ago.

He told the crowd: "Thanks for being here. It's a very happy occasion.

"He was a son of Cirencester and he was a brilliant innovative world-beating drummer."

Brian, standing out from the crowd with his big curly grey hair, paid tribute to Cozy's skills, saying: "He was one of the world's greatest drummers and musicians. We have the great honour of unveiling this."

There were cheers as Brian and Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi jointly pulled the cord to draw back a curtain covering the plaque. Then there was laughter as the wooden base the curtain was on collapsed.

It was not the only thing to go wrong during the ceremony. A public address system failed to broadcast the words of Brian and other rock legends present at a volume that most people could hear.

But some heard American singer-songwriter Suzi Quatro say she remembered touring with Cozy and how he played, and lost, a lot of poker games.

She said she had known him since 1970 and added: "God bless the drummers. He was one of the good ones."

Tony Iommi said: "It was great to play with him. This is a great moment."

Civic Society chairman Geoffrey Adams said it was the first time his organisation had put up a plaque for anything than other than a building.

He added: "It might be a precedent for us to celebrate the famous sons and daughters of Cirencester in the future."

Cozy had a huge passion for fast cars and died in a car crash on the M4 near Bristol in April 1998, aged 50.

The mayor of Cirencester, Councillor Joe Harris, backed a campaign to get the town to honour Cozy, who hailed from the nearby village of Chesterton.

He was lobbied by heavy metal rockers from all over the world after Italian music fan Rossella Amadori started an online petition to get Cirencester to better remember its drumming superstar back in 2014.

tonyiommibrianmaycozypowell_638.jpg

Let me elaborate on my view.

I'm not going to dismiss it already. I'm going to listen to it before I criticise it. Despite all the shit that has been going on recently, Black Sabbath is my favourite heavy metal band after Maiden, so at the very least I think that I owe the new album a good listen before I say anything. Perhaps my enjoyment will be marred by all the band politics that have been going on recently, but I don't know.

Nevertheless, I stand by what I said: if the album is only one note worse than The Devil You Know, it wasn't worth making, in my opinion. Why am I so harsh? Read on.
The 1997 reunion with Ozzy was made with the announcement that the band would be releasing a new album soon. Back then, that was not as spectacular a thought, because Sabbath had consistently been releasing new albums since the late sixties. The biggest lull in activity was in the mid-eighties, after the stint with Ian Gillan. The next album, Seventh Star, was originally supposed to be a Tony Iommi solo album, but as far as I remember, the label put pressure on him to turn it into a Black Sabbath release. So while there had been no Sabbath album for three years, it was hardly a time of inactivity. There was a strong run of albums afterwards, with six studio albums in eight years. That's the output of an artist in their creative peak, no doubt.
There were two new studio tracks on Reunion, and both were pretty good. Psycho Man is among my favourite Ozzy tracks. No doubt there was something going on in the studio, and a new studio album did not seem far away, indeed. But those two tracks were to be the last creative output of the band in ten years. There was absolutely nothing from the band in that time other than a few cabaret tours. It can't have been the lack of creativity, because Iommi released a great solo album at the time. And judging from the stuff he wrote for the 2007 Dio-Era compilation and The Devil You Know, the creative fire inside him did not die down one bit. Ozzy also recorded three solo albums in that time. Still, the band was brought to a halt. It was almost as if some red-headed witch had cast a spell on the band that stopped them from working together.
So by 2007, as far as everyone was concerned, Black Sabbath was dead. The last tour they did sparked more groans than excitement, really. They were still good, but so limited in the material they'd been performing over and over and over again. All the while, rumours of a new studio album in the works would spark up and die down again. In the end, most people agreed that if the band would ever want to move on creatively, they would have to fire Ozzy. But again, it was as if some red-headed witch prevented that from happening.
Then, all of the sudden and out of nowhere, Black Sabbath put out The Dio Years, with three new studio tracks on them that reminded us of why this was the best combination in heavy metal history. And more than that, they announced a tour! Of course they were still going to play material that was mostly thirty years old, but that was still oddly refreshing. Instead of an overplayed classic like Paranoid, we'd get to hear a not-so-overplayed classic like Heaven and Hell. I personally expected this to be a one-off nostalgia tour, especially because everybody said so, and that Ozzy was not fired. But then, they released a new studio album! Just like that! Although again, some red-headed witch must have cursed the name "Black Sabbath" so they could not use it, to me it was an all-out, full-fletched Black Sabbath album. The first in 14 years, and the best in 29 years! It was completely unexpected, it had not been announced for ten years, it just happened. I see it as the expression of a band thirsting for creative output.
Now, the new-old-new Black Sabbath with Dio was not done with that. The album was followed by a tour that was nothing short of grand, they put on one of the most incredible live performances I have ever witnessed. And they were ready for more, when suddenly, Dio passed away.
After a surprisingly tactful amount of time had passed, Black Sabbath announced they were going on tour again with Ozzy. They announced it like it was the biggest thing in the world, although I not only half-expected that, but it had also only been a mere six years since they last played together. I'm always amazed at how short memories can be, but the same voices who cried out for Ozzy to step down now lauded this as a new revelation.
Well then, they also made a vague promise of a new studio album, as they have always made a vague promise of a new studio album. To me, this is the very same studio album they had promised in 1997. The only difference is that this time, they actually are going to put it out. So after 16 years, we finally get that ninth studio album with Ozzy, that for some reason is called 13. At least Megadeth and Anvil had a proper reason for calling their recent albums that, because it actually was the thirteenth album both of them put out! But depending on how you count it, this is either the ninth, or the 19th album. Sense, where are you? I digress.
Now given that they have first announced this album sixteen years ago, they took all this time to build up for it. It had better capture the creative energy from the last sixteen years of Black Sabbath with Ozzy. The Devil You Know was conceived, planned, executed and done with within three years. It turned out to be amazing. Hence, if the new album is short of that in any way, it was a waste of time to create. This is not a temporary phase of crisis that has a band re-orientate and put out a poor album before they return to greatness. It is not a part of an ongoing creative process with high and low points. Essentially, it is something the creative process of the band was halted for. So it had better been worth it.
I'm not going to say that I don't expect it to happen. As far as I am concerned, it may well turn out to be this good. This is the lineup that recorded Paranoid and Master of Reality, after all. I will decide after I heard it, and after I gave it some time to sink in. It took about half a year for most of my favourite albums to click with me. I'm going to give it that fair chance. But I can't deny that I have extremely high expectations.
I also LOVE the song Psycho Man. Most reviews I read online slam the 2 new songs on the AMAZING Reunion LP so I am glad to finally read someone besides myself say something good about that song. Too bad (to my knowledge) it never got played live.

Black Sabbath since their Reunion tour back around 1999, have become almost like AC/DC (in regards to the setlist). What I mean, is they switch out a couple of deep tracks from one tour to the next, but the other songs pretty much stay the same (including the new tour "The End"). For example, they always skip the LP
Never Say Die
LP and always play the same song from the
Technical Ecstasy
LP. As far as the new tour goes, the biggest surprise for me is they are skipping the
LP! Don't know if I will see this tour.

Ozzy's voice is not what it once was anyway. He was great back in 1999 when I saw them.

I was really looking forward to seeing Black Sabbath at Download, but after seeing their setlist and watching some videos on YouTube, I'm not as excited as I was when they announced that they were headlining.

It's basically their '13' tour with a shorter setlist, with 1-2 new additions, and Ozzy isn't sounding particuarly great either. And considering it's their final tour, and they were marketing it as a retrospective of their career, it looks quite lackluster.

But it'll be good to see After Forever and Hand of Doom live though. But I was hoping for Electric Funeral or The Wizard. Those are easily within Ozzy's range.

I attended the 13 Tour here in Belo Horizonte in 2013 and it was one of the best moments of my life. OK, Megadeth as an opener helped a lot, but the Sabbath show were...powerful. Amazingly powerful. Of course Ozzy doesn't run and scream around like Bruce, but Iommi and Geezer were...i sincerely can't describe. It was a landmark to see that band live, and Clufetos were a beast on the drums. I'll definitely go to São Paulo to see their last tour, even though i'm ashamed of the short setlist (Ozzy can handle a longer one, it's just laziness of them to play only 13 songs) and the lack of 13 Songs (seriously, God is Dead is one of the Ozzy Sabbath best songs ever). I'm hoping that they'll bring a big opener to South America again. After all, ain't Maiden bringing Anthrax on the bag here?

Quality fan-filmed video footage of BLACK SABBATH's March 7 concert at Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada can be seen below. The band's setlist was as follows:
01. Black Sabbath
02. Fairies Wear Boots
03. After Forever
04. Into The Void
05. Snowblind
06. War Pigs
07. Behind The Wall Of Sleep
08. N.I.B.
09. Hand Of Doom
10. Rat Salad (with drum solo)
11. Iron Man
12. Dirty Women
13. Children Of The Grave
Encore:
14. Paranoid
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bl...age-of-vancouver-concert/#KoYiW4Q2tK8S8qPR.99

OK, Sabbath just announced their 3 shows here in Brazil. I'll travel to São Paulo, but i'll not pay for the Premium pit (over US$ 100 the half ticket). I'll see them from relatively far away (regular pit on a stadium), but i've already saw them in 2013 anyway. I'll go just for the record (and because Iommi live ROCKS)

Back