Black Sabbath

I enjoyed 13, prefer it to all the other Ozzy Sabbath albums tbh as it feels more consistent throughout. But I am understanding that's not a common opinion :P

Exactly. It bored me to tears. Lacked the excitement of those first few albums.

Now is a good time for a final tour. They're probably not going to get any better and they've made quite a buzz with 13 and all. It'd be a respectable sendoff.

But for the love of god bring back Bill Ward.

But for the love of god bring back Bill Ward.

I think it's possible that the rest of the band may be right, and he's deteriorated to a point where he can't properly drum anymore. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy.

I think it's possible that the rest of the band may be right, and he's deteriorated to a point where he can't properly drum anymore. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy.

I think they are most likely correct. They all seem to think Bill can't hack it anymore. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

I don't care who they get to drum, as long as that person sounds like an actual person. Brad Wilk is either quantized to hell in ProTools or the most boring drummer on Earth.

Truth is, Bill Ward was never a great drummer in the first place. He was crucial to the early chemistry, but once that chemistry got forever spoiled by drugs Ward became easily replaceable.

I think his energetic, jazzy but also (at that time at least) hard hitting style fitted early Sabbath very well. But it's hard to do that at older age. Not everyone stays in shape like Peart or McBrain.

I think his energetic, jazzy but also (at that time at least) hard hitting style fitted early Sabbath very well. But it's hard to do that at older age. Not everyone stays in shape like Peart or McBrain.

I agree with Foro on this one -- the Butler/Ward rhythm section provided exactly that: rhythm. A definite jazz influence and a groove that today's metal bands would do well to emulate.

That's really awesome! Zac forgot some of the words, but still a great performance. I'd love to hear these guys do a Black Sabbath covers album. Mostly because I'd rather hear Zac Brown sing than Ozzy.

I love all the different eras of Sabbath. I think the Tony Martin stuff is way underrated. Cross purposes is probably my least favorite, but there's great stuff from that era. Especially Eternal Idol. The Ozzy stuff will always be my favorite. Also a huge Dio fan.

The "Tony Martin era" is actually the most musically diverse. I think any metal fan can find something in there they'll like if they give it a chance. Eternal Idol and Headless Cross are both good, but my favorite is side one off Tyr.

Lame. They never came back to play the concert here they cancelled in 2012, and now the farewell show is in fucking Tokyo? Lame.

We don't know for an absolute fact that Tokyo is going to be their last show ever. That's just what Sharon is saying. To me, it sounds like they're saying farewell to Japan which will be part of a farewell world tour. If they're going to do a final, last show, it will more than likely be in Birmingham, England.

Back