Black Metal

Dan Swanö, who mastered the latest Sear Bliss album (@Night Prowler)
Another package from a client arrived today! Thanks a ton Sear Bliss for the shirt and the CD! Awesome stuff!
38918505_1832577683524818_415374705332060160_n.jpg

Apparently this is a band based on a black metal comic book. I've never heard of this comic book but it has ~300k likes on Facebook, so it seems to be well-known. This whole thing seems to me like black/melodeath metal Gorillaz, since the actual band members are not known, but the vocalist seems to be the Insomnium vocalist, since it sounds just like him.

Apparently this is a band based on a black metal comic book. I've never heard of this comic book but it has ~300k likes on Facebook, so it seems to be well-known. This whole thing seems to me like black/melodeath metal Gorillaz, since the actual band members are not known, but the vocalist seems to be the Insomnium vocalist, since it sounds just like him.
I was just going to say, the artwork looks like Gorillaz. Decent track.

I've recently been watching some stuff on the history of black metal. Damn! Some pretty fucked up shit went down! Murder. Suicide. Taking pictures of the suicide! I'm talking about vocalist "Dead" from Mayhem. Dead pig and sheep heads on stage! I wonder if anyone on here was at any of the Mayhem shows where "Dead" cut himself and sprayed his blood on the crowd and threw the pig head into the crowd as well. Or did anyone see the Gorgoroth shows where they had naked people on crosses and sheep heads? So fucked up!

I've recently been watching some stuff on the history of black metal. Damn! Some pretty fucked up shit went down! Murder. Suicide. Taking pictures of the suicide! I'm talking about vocalist "Dead" from Mayhem. Dead pig and sheep heads on stage! I wonder if anyone on here was at any of the Mayhem shows where "Dead" cut himself and sprayed his blood on the crowd and threw the pig head into the crowd as well.
Were you watching Lords Of Chaos, too? :lol:

Oh, I didn't realize until now that LOC was an actual movie. I just saw the trailer for it and Varg Vikernes talking about it on his youtube channel and based on all of that, I think it will be best if i avoid it. :lol: What I've been watching are actual documentaries on black metal and how it all started.

Also, I thought it was "Dead" on vocals at Mayhem's Wacken 2004 performance before I knew what year he died. You mean to tell me they had another vocalist who was just as insane? Or did they want to keep "Dead's" style going?

Oh, I didn't realize until now that LOC was an actual movie. I just saw the trailer for it and Varg Vikernes talking about it on his youtube channel and based on all of that, I think it will be best if i avoid it. :lol: What I've been watching are actual documentaries on black metal and how it all started.
You should definitely get a background knowledge of the scene before seeing LOC, but it's not a bad movie (except Death's suicide, which was so realistic I nearly died myself). Cool watch.

You should definitely get a background knowledge of the scene before seeing LOC, but it's not a bad movie (except Death's suicide, which was so realistic I nearly died myself). Cool watch.
Oh, like I said, I've watched a few documentaries on black metal so I know about a lot of that including the fact that instead of calling the police, Euronymous took pictures of Dead so he could use them to promote the band more. I still might check out LOC at some time, but I like the real deal and actual facts a lot better.

I wonder if anyone on here was at any of the Mayhem shows where "Dead" cut himself and sprayed his blood on the crowd and threw the pig head into the crowd as well. Or did anyone see the Gorgoroth shows where they had naked people on crosses and sheep heads? So fucked up!

I saw Mayhem on their Grand Declaration of War tour in 2001. I bought and liked the album at the time, but remember that it wasn't too well received (the purists thought it was too clean and too produced) I barely remember anything about the concert at all. Saw Gorgoroth at Wacken 2008, which you can find the full stream of on YouTube. They had people hanging on crosses during that show and a lot of other stuff. It was an OK show, but not much more than that, I remember thinking that the crowd was not that into it.

Last edited:
Back