BEST BAND EVER: Results!

We've already lost one member of Rush this year. When Alex and Geddy are killed in a "knife accident" during the recording sessions for this new band, don't come crying to me.
If they record a new version of "Killing Words" than it's goodbye Geddy and Alex :D . As for Iommi... no cutting object can stop the man. He got two fingers partially chopped and still managed to invent metal. Seems like Geoff won't have any luck with him :p

Last edited:
If they record a new version of "Killing Words" than it's goodbye Geddy and Alex :D . As for Iommi... no cutting object can stop the man. He got two fingers partially chopped and still managed to invent metal. Seems like Geoff won't have any luck with him :p
They should get Rick Allen on drums then. :blueangel:

Tate in an easy decision in the first match.

The second was a lot more difficult; I'm not really in love with either vocalist, but I'll give the edge to Klaus.

Anneke has done well to get 9 votes against Knifeman's 14. It's devastating that she will be eliminated though. :goodbye:

My experience of Klaus Meine is from the very recent past. He mumbles through the live shows and has now power in his voice now. I don't really know Scorpions beyond the hits and what they've been playing live in the last few years so I can't speak for what he was like at his peak, but I see him as another round peg in a round hole. Stu can do a lot more with his voice.

I'm voting for Anneke as I'm not supporting knife-wielding maniacs. I'm also voting for Stu because of his versatility and range. Klaus used to be an OK singer, but that's it. He's only winning now because of exposure and rock bias.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 94:
Anneke van Giersbergen
Stu Block

Promoted after Round 94:
Geoff Tate
Klaus Meine

Matt Barlow (ICED EARTH)
vs.
Tarja Turunen (solo, NIGHTWISH)

Floor Jansen (AFTER FOREVER, NIGHTWISH, REVAMP)
vs.
Mikael Åkerfeldt (BLOODBATH, OPETH)

I'm voting for Anneke as I'm not supporting knife-wielding maniacs. I'm also voting for Stu because of his versatility and range. Klaus used to be an OK singer, but that's it. He's only winning now because of exposure and rock bias.
Just no.

Stu does a good Barlow impression and does the Ripper-esque highs rather well. But Stu mostly comprises of pale imitations of other superior singers.

Just no.

Stu does a good Barlow impression and does the Ripper-eswue highs well. But Stu mostly comprises of pale imitations of other superior singers.
He still needs versatility and range to imitate other singers. IRYO

He still needs versatility and range to imitate other singers. IRYO
Yes, he needs to be a good metal singer to do the stuff he does. But others do it a lot better. Meine does at least have an original voice, and an iconic one at that. That is to me more important than technical prowess. Meine is a bit of a one trick poney, but Rock can do without Stu more than without Meine.

Easy choice in Barlow here. I might be a Tarja fan and Ever Dream is one of her finer moments, but hell, Barlow is one of ultimate metal singers. Second pair is a much harder choice. I do like a singer with more than one string to their bow (well, at least at some point in his career), so I considered voting Åkerfeldt, but I'm just in a more Jansen mood tonight. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, even if I don't think Ghost Love Score is the best example of her singing. It proves she can sing it, but it was written with a different voice entirely in mind, unlike the Endless Forms... material where her own style is more evident.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yax
Back