BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Dio was Dio. Sebastian Bach was never anything special.

Neil Fallon is good, but Simone Simons is one of the best female vocalists ever.

So easy round IMO.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 92:
Sebastian Bach
Neil Fallon

Promoted after Round 92:
Ronnie James Dio
Simone Simons

Phil Lynott (THIN LIZZY)
vs.
Stevie Nicks (FLEETWOOD MAC)

"Weird Al" Yankovic (solo)
vs.
Ian Gillan (BLACK SABBATH, DEEP PURPLE)

Not crazy about either of the first two, but Nicks is too pipey to go any further IMO. Lynott. Gillan all the way in the second pair.

The first match is two singers far more about tone than skill. There are few who will ever get my vote over Phil. The veiled sadness, the twinkle, the lilt - especially delivering those lyrics. Dont underestimate his versatility. He had the ability to do poignant and badass equally well. I could listen to him read an algebra textbook.

Al got here as a joke against bad competition. The competition this time is anything but.
Perfect Strangers is a great example of the world-weary roughness Gillan added as he got older.

First match might the closest one ever for me in this game. I rate neither too high, but Phil was a bit more unique, so he gets my vote. And for this type of game, Gillan is the only choice in the 2nd game.

Although parodies with Rush and Iommi on instruments would be interesting to hear.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 93:
Stevie Nicks
"Weird Al" Yankovic

Promoted after Round 93:
Phil Lynott
Ian Gillan

Anneke van Giersbergen (THE GATHERING, THE GENTLE STORM, VUUR)
vs.
Geoff Tate (QUEENSRŸCHE)

Klaus Meine (SCORPIONS)
vs.
Stu Block (ICED EARTH, INTO ETERNITY)

Back