Because it's a better song

Which is the better track?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
crushcrushcrush

A song title starting without a capital?
very-angry.gif

Three words in a row without spaces?
slapping.gif

Last edited:
:lol:

Buckethead has three tracks called "a".
I think two called "0".
And one called "-".
Two albums have two songs with the same name; all are called "C".
In fact, I think there are five tracks called "C".

How does this make you feel, Foro? :D

You must really hate Slade.

Though I kinda agree with G Starostin that their shamelessly agrammatical titles had been probably started deliberately in advance as to justify the "cum" in "Cum on Feel the Noize"; just like the alphabet murders were supposed to hide the fact that the C bloke was the real target... :innocent:

Last edited:
Seems like a silly hang-up, Foro. Plus, it's a song title, not a sentence, so I'm not sure how grammar comes into it. One could also complain that there is no comma in "Mirror Mirror" (I believe the original Grimm fairy tale reads, "Mirror, mirror, on the wall...")

You'd love Aphex Twin's song titles, Foro.

Here's Disc 1 of his 2001 album, Drukqs

1. Jynweythek
2. Vordhosbn
3. Kladfvgbung Micshk
4. Omgyjya-Switch7
5. Strotha Tynhe
6. Gwely Mernans
7. Bbydhyonchord
8. Cock/Ver10
9. Avril 14th
10. Mt Saint Michel + Saint Michaels Mount
11. Gwarek2
12. Orban Eq Trx4
13. Aussois
14. Hy a Scullyas Lyf a Dhagrow
15. Kesson Daslef

Vordhosbn is a killer tune btw.

Paramore by a nose, Iced Earth in convincing fashion
Time for some new choices

Battle one in the next pair pits a pair of epic tracks from two forgotten classic rock acts

Triumph

against

Molly Hatchet

Battle two features what have been called latter day returns to form of two giants, currently engaged in survivors

Metallica

versus

Queen

Love the first matchup. Triumph is awesome. Gets my vote over Molly Hatchet, who get credit for putting actual beer guts on the No Guts No Glory album cover (they had much better album covers generally, with a Conan the Barbarian type look and feel). The first four minutes of the Molly Hatchet song were kind of lame, but the last four minutes were much better. Canada > rednecks in this one.

The second matchup is really interesting in that it pits a familiar classic against a track that's only been out a few months. I have come to like the Hardwired album quite a bit, and this may be my favorite track on the album. But will it stand the test of time? Innuendo has. The tracks are so different it's like comparing apples to oranges, and Innuendo is much more complex and varied, but there are moments in Innuendo that out-metal even Metallica. Queen gets the edge.

Agreed with Cornfed on the first matchup. I really like both songs, but that Triumph tune is fantastic and more adventurous.

As for the second, I like Queen but couldn't get into that song. Metallica it is.

First time hearing the songs on the first duo. Molly Hatchet sounded nicer to me. Triumph song is nice but the vocals are a bit irritating.

Moth is one of my favorites from Hardwired, but the flamenco guitar section on Innuendo gives it a clear edge.

I bet that every western orientated person in my country into music (metal/rock) from your age knows that song even if they do not know the title, even if they do not know the band.

Let's blame your radio and tv stations, or you ignoring these if they ever played it. ;)

edit: how are people familiar with all kinds of metal and hard rock and not with Queen? Baffling.

Yea Queen is very popular out here. So one song fell through the cracks, big deal.

Innuendo — song or album — did not make a huge impact here either.
In fact it took me years to understand how much more popular Queen is elsewhere in the world than North America.

The song Innuendo here would be the equivalent Brighter Than a Thousand Suns for Maiden.
Known and respected among the fans, but not widely popular.
It is definitely more obscure here than Triumph Fight the Good Fight.

Fight the Good Fight also gets decent play on FM radio here.

Back