Battle Of Covers: Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided that only one cover of a certain song can make it into the game. @Forostar: you can replace Solitude Aeturnus' Hallowed with something else, because (and I admit I'm not objective here :p) Iced Earth's Hallowed is going into the game.
I can only hope the other cover by that same band in my list can stay. Awesome singer, great performance.

Alright, I cut out all the doubles (more than one cover of one song; Anthrax gets Remember Tomorrow, for example) and some ineligible songs (Motörhead's Hellraiser; Lemmy co-wrote the song), and I need 10-ish more to finish the list. OK, specifically 8 more, but I didn't check every cover for eligibility, so I wanna have some spare songs waiting. There'll be 80 songs in the game :) So shoot!

Cake - War Pigs
The Cardigans - Iron Man
Richard Cheese - War Ensemble
Crowbar - No Quarter
Faith No More - Easy
The Clash - I Fought The Law
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World
Urge Overkill - Girl You'll Be a Woman Soon

Last edited:
I still can't decide if this is good fun or cheese supreme, but how about Dragonforce - Ring of Fire. They certainly bring something different to it.

Funny, didn't know they did it twice! That second one is good as well! I like how they did that differently, on purpose.

I still prefer the first (that's the Tales version I "grew up" with); it feels a tiny less sterile as well.

Songs that didn't make it into the game:

another band with the same song is in the game:
Avenged Sevenfold - Flash Of The Blade
Cake - War Pigs
Dream Theater - Stargazer
Metallica - Remember Tomorrow
Opeth - Remember Tomorrow
Sabaton - For Whom The Bell Tolls

not rock or metal (enough):
Aretha Franklin - Respect
Disturbed - Land Of Confusion (nu metal is not metal or rock in my eyes :p)
Peter Gabriel - Heroes
Richard Cheese - War Ensemble
The Cardigans - Iron Man
Travis - ...Baby One More Time

other reasons:
Dream Theater - The Big Medley (medleys ARE allowed, but this one's a bit too extreme... too many different songs and bands to make it coherent... I'd allow the Led Zeppelin medley from the same album though)
Metallica - Mercyful Fate (Ronnie Rising is already in, and there's too many Metallica songs in the game anyway)
Motörhead - Hellraiser (Lemmy co-wrote the song)

I've decided to do 100 songs after all :D I have 80 songs already, but I just thought of too many songs and don't want to cut too much. So I'm not sure who posted which of all these songs, but you can replace them with something else if you want... plus add more! I need about 15 more :)

I really think Land of Confusion should be in. It's a good cover and excluding it because Disturbed is a nu metal band is kind of lame IMO. But it's your game so I'll respect your opinion. :p

Hey, at least I didn't exclude it because it's a Genesis cover :p Tyfrmo though.

(All the other songs posted in this thread are in btw.)

If you are looking for more ....
Kiss --- 2000 Man (Stones Cover)
Foo Fighters -- Baker Street
Motley Crue -- Smokin in the Boys Room
Atomic Bitchwax -- Maybe I'm A Leo
Black Label Society -- Pictures of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back