Bass players support group - funny!

sleep-with-bass-player-article.jpg

Unlike Welsh Phantom, jokes about bass' perceived lack of importance in a band do not humor me.

They make me want me to bash people on the head with my bass. I have had dreams about it where I hysterically uttered the phrase "It's heavier than electric, huh?" upon the destruction of said jokester.

So maybe I could use a support group indeed.

Unlike Welsh Phantom, jokes about bass' perceived lack of importance in a band do not humor me.

They make me want me to bash people on the head with my bass. I have had dreams about it where I hysterically uttered the phrase "It's heavier than electric, huh?" upon the destruction of said jokester.

Just enjoy being part of a more exclusive club ;)

I've been talking with my friend who plays guitar about bass and I said: "Atleast if a fight breaks out, I have the strongest weapon!"

Think the bass player is unimportant? Have your favorite groupie plant her a$$ on top of your bass cab and then play some of those low notes. The rumbling she'll feel through her body will make her smile more than the guitarist's rig will! :innocent::cool:

Last edited:
So I listened to Into The Void (Sabbath) multitracks, and I especially like Geezer's bass track. (It's all on Youtube, you can grab it and analyse it in Garage Band, for example Garage Band).
Then I compared the Sabbath multitracks to the multitracks of Whole Lotta Love:
Iommi's tone was ahead of its time and classic now, milestone, and Geezer's sound is pure p bass goodness. In comparison, the Zeppelin recording seems more careful and cohesive between the different parts. It also seems clearer to me now that Zeppelin were maybe more traditional than Sabbath, but overall I think they were the better band, just in ability, perhaps also creativity.

Back