Basketball

Yep, set to be the most wide open season in ages.

Though I wouldn't put the Pelicans or the Mavericks up there.

I'm so excited for the new Season. My 76ers have a great shot making the Finals this Year :dancinggeek:

So, what are your forecasts for tonight's championship final? (France - Spain)
didn't followed it but hey... it's France vs Spain. Two of the best european nations regarding young basketball talent worldwide. So yeah... should be competitive and top tier quality for U18.

Certainly an upgrade over washed Paul.
West will be crazy this year. Could be that 52 win teams miss the playoffs

Yeah, it's gonna be a bloodbath. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors didn't even make the playoffs this year.

EDIT: Thinking about it a little more, the Warriors will still likey make the playoffs, but I don't expect them to finish any higher than the #6 seed.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's gonna be a bloodbath. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors didn't even make the playoffs this year.

EDIT: Thinking about it a little more, the Warriors will still likey make the playoffs, but I don't expect them to finish any higher than the #6 seed.
Yeah, my prediction as on paper rosters right now are

1. Clippers
2. Lakers
3. Blazers
4. Nuggets
5. Rockets
6. Golden State
7. Jazz
8. Pelicans or Spurs

But the seedings will be so close. I predict a maximum of 5-6 games between 2nd and 8th seed

Yeah, my prediction as on paper rosters right now are

1. Clippers
2. Lakers
3. Blazers
4. Nuggets
5. Rockets
6. Golden State
7. Jazz
8. Pelicans or Spurs

But the seedings will be so close. I predict a maximum of 5-6 games between 2nd and 8th seed
That looks about right. Of course crazy things happen like injuries and whatnot, but I expect it to be a pretty tight race all the way to the end of the season.

Turkey almost took down USA at the FIBA World Cup. Lost by one in OT, blew it by missing four consecutive FTs down the stretch.

USA looking quite beatable. They already lost to Australia in an exhibition. Wouldn't be a stretch to favor Serbia over them, imo.

Aaaand Turkey loses to the lowly Czechs because they are utterly gassed from the USA game and are eliminated from the competition.

Lesson learned: A team has got to know its limitations and plan accordingly. Turkey probably would've been through if they lost to Team USA handily like the Czechs did.

While the US is still the team to beat, they are no longer the unbeatable gods they were from 92 to 2002. When they lost to Puerto Rico and only managed a bronze in the Olympics that was the beginning of the end for them. Many countries have caught up, specifically Spain.

While the US is still the team to beat, they are no longer the unbeatable gods they were from 92 to 2002. When they lost to Puerto Rico and only managed a bronze in the Olympics that was the beginning of the end for them. Many countries have caught up, specifically Spain.
It didn't help that the 2019 U.S. team doesn't feature any of the top U.S. players (maybe Kemba Walker). I wish we did, but Americans don't really give a damn about the FIBA world championships. Olympics should be a little different. But the premise is still correct: much of the world has caught up, and the U.S. won't have a cakewalk.

Back