Basketball

Chris Bosh is sucking nowadays damn I hate it. D-Wade and LeBron has a lot to do when he sucks. Wonder if we got Amar'e Stoudemire in summer. He would be the "man" for us, we need a good finisher PF inside not a PF who tries to shoot from the middle range.

maidenhead1996 said:
Chris Bosh is sucking nowadays damn I hate it. D-Wade and LeBron has a lot to do when he sucks. Wonder if we got Amar'e Stoudemire in summer. He would be the "man" for us, we need a good finisher PF inside not a PF who tries to shoot from the middle range.
Lol, adding stoudemire to the big 3. That would be insane. May as well add steve nash while your at it?

Jupz said:
Lol, adding stoudemire to the big 3. That would be insane. May as well add steve nash while your at it?

Nope. Amar'e would be great that move wouldn't be insane. James is a fantastic playmaker, you don't need a PG to make plays for him. Look at last year's Cleveland, James was making great positions for J.J. Hickson. And Amar'e is playing with Carmelo Anthony right now, I don't think that his star ego would be a problem for us. Because Chris Bosh has that and it's even worse.

maidenhead1996 said:
Nope. Amar'e would be great that move wouldn't be insane. James is a fantastic playmaker, you don't need a PG to make plays for him. Look at last year's Cleveland, James was making great positions for J.J. Hickson. And Amar'e is playing with Carmelo Anthony right now, I don't think that his star ego would be a problem for us. Because Chris Bosh has that and it's even worse.
I was just joking :D

Also the heat got blown out today by the spurs.

The Heatles don't come to the games mentally unfortunately. I expect another lose against Bulls on Sunday.

Watched most of the Bulls game today, great win for them.  They are looking like a big time force to be dealt with in the East.  Talent-wise the Heat and Celtics have moer on paper, but the Bulls are playing very well and are quite deep.

Damn Damn Damn ! I lost a lot of hair today when I was watching the Heat game. That was another terrible lost.

Once the Heat figure out that Wade (or even Chalmers), not LeBron, is their best clutch closer, they'll be fine.

Oh by the way, while the rest of the world was focusing on the Olympics, the Lakers signed Steve Nash and traded for Dwight Howard. Without having to give up Pau Gasol. Good lord. Next season is going to be fun.

The Lakers did really well this season, my team (Bulls) looks to be in for a long season. Guess we are waiting for the following year when Rose gets back to full strength.

I thought about writing to this topic lately, but there's no need really because noone seem to care about basketball here :p So I'll save my thoughts for my blog.

Though I think I can talk about my team and our chances in general. We're the defending champions but we really had to strengthen our roster this summer, which is exactly what we did. Dwyane Wade had injury problems last year and didn't really look like himself out there. Chris Bosh's importance to the team has been showcased because we struggled in the Playoffs without him. Last year was an exceptional year in every respect for LeBron James, he had to play so damn hard and "playing so damn hard" for LeBron James means something because well, it's the best basketball player in the world.

To take some pressure off LeBron James we acquired Ray Allen. It may not seem as big as a move like Dwight Howard, but it really is. Because Heat's offensive system needs shooters and lots of spacing going on. Even an injury-prone Mike Miller was superbly effective in that respect. Shane Battier did really well, so did Mario Chalmers. But now by having arguably the greatest shooter to ever play the game, we can double our spacing system, we can get easy three pointers and picknrolls can work easier. The D must concencrate on LeBron James' unstoppable drives, at the same time they must take care of Dwyane Wade and also Chris Bosh's deadly midrange jumper. Now add Ray Allen's money three pointers to this and you've got yourself an amazing offense. The opponent teams will have a hard time keeping up with Heat's movement off the ball and they'll also have trouble about double teams.

Our defense never was an issue, really. People seem to think that we'll struggle because we couldn't find a decent center this summer, but it really isn't that much of an issue. Heat's defensive system utilizes the pressure on guards through Mario Chalmers, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James' quick hands, athleticism advantages and basic knowledges of defense. Even though he's getting lots of dirt thrown at him because of his inability to draw effective offensive plays, coach Erik Spoelstra is a great defensive coach. Of course I'd like a Marcus Camby addition to the team and we really pursued him but he chose the Knicks, no problem here.

Lakers has an amazing advantage against us inside because of their size, offensive skills and athleticism. Their biggest issue was throwing the ball inside to use Gasol and Bynum effectively. Now that they've got Steve Nash, they'll improve at that point of the game. Though I still have doubts that they can use Pau Gasol effectively, he seems to be mad because of not getting enough touches with the ball.

The thing that makes me see us as the favorites against Lakers is their age level. Steve Nash is 38, Kobe Bryant is 33, Metta World Peace is 32, Pau Gasol is 32. Going after the players of Heat will be a hard task for them. And you also can't score out the talented and athletic Thunder team, they've had some great additions, too.

Anyway it's going to be a fun season for sure.

I would not eliminate OKC from the discussion. They have a very good and very young team that has some good experience at this point. I still not totally sold on Howard (mentally) and there is a posibility. I still think they are the team to beat in the West.

Back