Anyone thirsty for some Trooper?

Tried Trooper, didn't like it.
Haven't tried it yet, but maybe it's like with coffee or Whiskey: Nobody likes them to begin with, but you force yourself to first tolerate them, then appreciate them and then love them.

I haven't gone through any other stage than "strong dislike" though, and don't plan to. :D Will try The Trooper though.

So I promised to perform one Maiden song a week at a local bar until they get Trooper ale. Anyone have suggestions of songs that are more simplistic and vocal-based, preferably that do not have soaring B5 notes in them (though I will be changing keys/arrangements to suit myself)?

I've already done Wicker Man, and plan on Run to the Hills (a request) and The Trooper (to be played when they finally get the ale).

Quest for Fire?
This has the added bonus of having Dave's "favourite" solo ever...

Haha, well, I'm a solo acoustic guitarist (guess I should've mentioned that before), so the solo would most likely be left out. I normally do a folk thing, so Quest for Fire might be a little ridiculous. At the same time, it could be hilarious and silly to sing "In a time when dinosaurs walked the Earth!" in a dulcet baritone. Thanks for the idea!

For reference, here's my Wicker Man version:

The lead doesn't work it's way that far up the neck --I think I learned it on my Spanish accoustic when I was about 12-13. Do it, do it, do it...

Tried Trooper some days ago. It is good. Way too expensive but good. Price is not a suprise. It is not shipped in a huge amount so the transport is more expensive as normal. The taste is good and sadly the second one is even better. I like the taste but it costs too much to become my everyday ale.

When it does arrive in the US, I'm hoping to get my hands on at least one pack (heard a pack consists of 8 bottles? Might be wrong though.)

Gonna keep one unopened as a souvenir, and then drink the rest. I'm not that big of an ale drinker, but am wanting to give it a try just based on its origins.

What are the chances (realistically) of them selling it at the concerts here in the US in another 2-3 weeks? It keeps saying on the website for the US to expect it by the "end of summer". Well, what a better time (and promo) than to have Trooper beer at the actual venues itself? I understand it probably wouldn't be available in the normal glass bottles, but it'd still be a treat to experience at an actual Iron Maiden concert. Did any of the concerts in Europe a few months ago supply the ale?

When it does arrive in the US, I'm hoping to get my hands on at least one pack (heard a pack consists of 8 bottles? Might be wrong though.)

Gonna keep one unopened as a souvenir, and then drink the rest. I'm not that big of an ale drinker, but am wanting to give it a try just based on its origins.

What are the chances (realistically) of them selling it at the concerts here in the US in another 2-3 weeks? It keeps saying on the website for the US to expect it by the "end of summer". Well, what a better time (and promo) than to have Trooper beer at the actual venues itself? I understand it probably wouldn't be available in the normal glass bottles, but it'd still be a treat to experience at an actual Iron Maiden concert. Did any of the concerts in Europe a few months ago supply the ale?
It has arrived in the states!!! I bought 6 of them today. Goddamn this beer is such an amazing ale. Pure English ale all the way and I love it!

I live in the Chicago suburbs and it sounds like most Binnys locations have it (it's a chain). However, I did have to ask for it, it wasn't on display (they may be worried about punters buying their allotted stock all at once -- in fact, I was only allowed to purchase 2). Decent stuff, if you've had a British style bitter before, it's right in that vein. Nothing too crazy, but a good quaffer.

My local pub (as in the one about 4minute walk that I go to for the quiz each week) has Trooper on sale this week as the guest cask ale, t'was a bit of a shock.

Back