Any 'The Final Frontier' songs in your Maiden top ten list?

The intro still hasn't grown on me... believe me I've been trying. For me there's not a lot of weight here until 4:36, but then it becomes one of my favourites off an album loaded with favourites.
Stallion Duck said:
TFF by itself is just... too standard.
I can understand this statement in the sense that there isn't anything too new here, and it's a fairly simple, straight ahead rocker. But man, this tune gets my head banging every time. A new classic for me...

Hasn't got me headbanging :( Not to mention the repetitive chorus.

I'm really interested to see how this one plays out in the daily rankings.
Because you are both right. It is very basic and repetitive. And it is a great piece of anthemic headbanging music.
And then you have the wrinkle that is Satellite 15... messing with people's votes.
Personally, I love it.

I wish LC would separate the 2. I'd give S15 a 8 maybe even a 9. TFF on the other hand, I would have to give that a 4

Separating them should become my mission :ninja:... Any chance LooseCannon? For the record Satellite 15 would get a very low 4, and TFF a 10 :edmetal:.

taker64 said:
Separating them should become my mission :ninja:... Any chance LooseCannon? For the record Satellite 15 would get a very low 4, and TFF a 10 :edmetal:.

Nope. Who am I to question Steve Harris?

I do too, but my opinion on S15 is far different than TFF.

Mosh said:
I think it would be awesome if Paschendale made the final 2. I'd hate to see Rime and Hallowed going at it AGAIN.

Hallowed is no. 29
IOA is no. 17
Starblind is no. 9

So yeah.

Well my opinions have changed on this record quite significantly.

S15... The Final Frontier

I hate both tracks now. Never liked TFF, S15 lost its flare.

Isle is my favorite Maiden song now, Starblind is probably in the top 10. WTWWB and MWWBK move up and down my rankings from time to time. I don't like Talisman. And I don't like Mother of Mercy as much as I did before. Alchemist is still a great rocker to me, same with El Dorado.

When The Wild Wind Blows is definitely top 3 material and even reaches the summit on a good day. Isle of Avalon, Starblind and The Talisman all hover somewhere between 5 and 20.

Mother Of Mercy, Talisman, Coming Home, Starblind and When The Wind Blows at present but probably because they are "new" - wether they stand the test of time so to speak. Talisman and Starblind almost certainly but not too sure that the others will.

Isle of Avalon is probably my favorite Maiden song at the moment. Starblind is also in the top 10. Other songs that have the potential to feature in the top 20 are S15TFF, TMWWBK, WTWWB.

Back