Another Life

How good is Another Life on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
8 here... in these its the later number ive actually given the former being a rating i must have given without due care thought or consideration, sorry for that

I see. Normally I'd only count the first post (rating) but if you are willing to change the rating (as soon as this is possible) by following these 14 May updates/posts then I am willing to use these latest ones.

Maybe it's handy for you to make your own overview of songs which had changed ratings, while you are doing this. Then you can correct the votes accordingly. Thanks in advance!

I made this exception for you (hopefully other members don't mind) because we're getting nearer to the moment when LC will make the "change" of vote possible.
:ok:

i didnt really make a post on it and i dont even remember making most of these votings... a blank spot in my memory. im sure people wont mind discounting 1's and 3's. later ive made smaller changes in powerslave area but feel free to discount them as you see fit because what they had been were still reasonably ok. eg changng 7's for 8's

so when is it that the change is to be made possible? today? :huh:

The problem is that many people want to change their grades, and all the time I said: no, let's wait til you can change your vote.

Would you terribly mind if I still follow the old rule, because that would be more fair towards the others.
(on the other hand: more work for you and for me.)

My advice is: stop now, and continue with the rest of the albums as soon as the vote change is possible.

If you rather continue and keep changing your ratings, then I need to consider how to deal with this.
jonnytron said:
so when is it that the change is to be made possible? today? :huh:

That's up to LooseCannon. I think it won't be long but I can't speak for him.

yeah ill go for whats easier as a whole... i dont want to cause civil unrest  :lol:
ill say ignore my votes as a whole for now until a vote change is allowed then ill catch up, no point in rocking the boat
thanks and at least ive put my votes down in posts so its less work when the time comes around.

That's very nice from you! Thanks for your patience!

Of course you can still continue with all the songs which had no previous voting/posting actions (unless you think you'll change them soon again ;) ).

If you haven't mention a re-rating in the IM-, Killers-, NOTB-, POM-, PS-songposts, does that indicate it was a first post and vote?

its not so much that i plan to change my mind anytime soon... just that currently the albums are peppered with these kind of nonsense votes i dont remember doing so ill rectify that later  :)
and correct if i havent mentioned ive reworked a vote then it means they are my first... actually notb ive made no changes to previous votes while still completing it

I also saw no reworked ratings in IM, correct?

You know what? Please choose between these options:

A:
I'll collect all your rankings, apart from the reworked ones (I leave these empty, so some songs are not taken into consideration in the stats and the albums are incomplete). As soon as your vote can be changed, let me know (e.g. in the album judgment topic) that you did change them, and mention which songs are changed, and mention the new ratings. Then I'll collect the new grade, and at a certain moment, this will be incorporated in the following stat update (the updates won't be often, maybe once or a couple of times per year).

B:
I'll collect all your rankings, including the reworked ones, but as I've done with other members, I will choose the old ranking (which will have influence on the stats). As soon as your vote can be changed, let me know (e.g. in the album judgment topic) that you did change them, and mention which songs are changed, and mention the new ratings. Then I'll change the old grades into the new ones, and at a certain moment, this will be incorporated in the following stat update (the updates won't be often, maybe once or a couple of times per year).

In any case:
As said before, you may continue with all other albums, but please keep mentioning the changes (old and new), if there are any.

correct, IM is free of reworking too  :ok:
i think A is best... ill just notify you of changes later as mentioned in album judgement... 
sorry for the wasted morning  :ninja:    and thanks

You thanks for taking the time as well! It's not wasted! I am glad we can work this out.

Thanks jonnytron, I'll collect your rankings from your posts, apart from the ones which are or will be reworked (which have been mentioned and will be mentioned in your posts).

One of my least favorite songs off this album and of Maiden in general. 3/10.

It gets better whenever I hear Bruce sing it, especially on Hammersmith. As always, it's nice to hear a Maiden tune with some bluesy licks.

Underrated tune. Love Clive's intro, and the guitars are solid throughout. The lyrics are good enough, but the song just doesn't have anything that special to offer. 7/10

Here's where the album falls flat on it's face and never really gets back up. It's okay, at best. I'd fall asleep if they played this song live. 5/10

This one feels like a filler to me, but a good filler nevertheless. Some cool riffs thrown together, but again the lack of focus makes it fell empty.

5/10

A quick piece of filler. The only part I usually remember is the odd timed harmony, which is pretty cool.
Decent tune, but nothing great.

6/10

Back