Another Life

How good is Another Life on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Another Life

It's got a nice groove and sound, they just never finished this one.
I'm surprised Birch and Harris let it on the album without developing it more.
Early career deadline pressures perhaps? Six.

Indeed Albie, there's a very punkrockish part in it. That's the best part I think. I love that guitar riff Dave introduces before hell breaks loose. Unfortunately the rest of the song lacks enough excitement and variation to give it a higher grade than a

This song is cool, but as it repeats its verse 3 times, although it has an amazing instrumental break and great Dave solos', it will get a 7.

Re: Daily Song: Another Life

Albie said:
At around 1:47 into this song was the bit that got an old friend of mine a bit excited. "That's Punk", he said. This guy was heavily into his Punk at the time and loved this track for it. And so do I.

Good remark. There are a batch of early Maiden songs with punk elements, on both albums. Paul's vocals & the 1st album's production, help in this direction, as well.
[...]
Believe it or not, the repetition of the lyrics in this one, is one of my best elements here. In contrary to the repetitions made from Fear of the Dark onwards, this one is seems to be done out of creativeness -not lack of ideas/ mannerism, thus I love it. Plus the rhythm changes and punk elements mentioned above, you have one of my best Killers songs. 8/10

9 out of 10... A flat out, pedal to the metal rocker... Paul shines, as does Clyde. As a typical angst ridden youth, I used to feel that this song was really speaking to me at some level. The more inebriated I was, the more that seemed so. I chuckle at that now...

A rocking tune. One of my favorites and has possibly my favorite intro on the album. It's great Live too. 9/10

7. It's a step back from the first three songs. Still, a good rocker. The drum intro is great indeed.

It has its moments, lead guitars are good, and Paul is great, but I can't give it more than 6/10.

rerating 3 - 8, love the energy and similarly to prowlers and drifter high energy and instrumental effort wins out to low lyrical content

Back