Amorphis

How to start the next Amorphis Survivor?

• Total voters
I missed the Amorphis show last month, so it’s good to know I can catch them next year. Also, I’m sure Delain will play last which means I can leave early!

I’m sure Delain will play last which means I can leave early!
:nonono:

I don't have any interest in Amorphis personally. I listened to them a couple of times and wasn't excited by it. They're by no means a bad band, just not for me. However, if I lived in North America then I'd be all over this tour. Charlotte, Merel and Anneke in the same room on the same night. :eek: Dreams are made of this kind of thing.

:nonono:

I don't have any interest in Amorphis personally. I listened to them a couple of times and wasn't excited by it. They're by no means a bad band, just not for me. However, if I lived in North America then I'd be all over this tour. Charlotte, Merel and Anneke in the same room on the same night. :eek: Dreams are made of this kind of thing.

Sure, I like looking at an attractive woman showing her stomach, but Delain's music does literally nothing for me. It's glossy, derivative, and her voice is like the Britney Spears of symphonic metal.

Anneke I would be interested in seeing just for the hype. I know nothing about her and haven't heard much of her actual studio work.

AvG did a song with Amorphis on their latest album. I listened to it because she's on it but it seemed pretty average to me. I guess she'll perform that one with them.

Yeah, it’s actually one of the weaker songs on that album but it’ll be cool to see her guest live.

Does Anneke do solo albums or is she mostly a guest singer?

For Anneke, check out the following albums:

The Gathering - Mandylion
Vuur - In This Moment We Are Free - Cities
The Gentle Storm - The Diary
Devin Townsend Project - Addicted

46233178_10160832560445276_2892594314179772416_n.jpg

In Finland they know Opeth has become a third rate row band.

Amorphis > Opeth

52306265_10157086250228410_77331667848527872_n.png

Last edited:
As stated in the now watching thread, I saw them in concert last Saturday. It was a frustrating experience. Not the worst concert I've gone to, but not pleasant. First off I felt bamboozled, because there was an openning act. Nowhere online or on the ticket did they mention there would be one. This is my third concert in Mexico, although not at this venue, and neither Epica or Therion had openning acts. All I thought was, "Great, I'm going to be here later than anticipated." I wake up at 430am every day to go to work and usually in bed by 930pm. When the openning band hit the stage at 815, I knew it would be a long night.

The openning act was actually pretty good. It was a Mexican power metal band whose name i didn't catch. The lead singer sang like any other power metal singer who thinks he's Michael Kiske or Timmo Kotipelto and did a damn good job of it. They had a growler who was useless. the growls didn't really add to the songs and he only growled maybe three times and not for long. It made it even clearer how good Mikael Akenfeldt and Tomi Joutsen actually are since they can sing AND growl. I know there are a few others, but they're the ones I listen to the most.

They were done by 850pm and I figured Amorphis would come on in the next 10 to 15 minutes, nope. They didn't hit the stage until 920pm and only played until 1040. That's right a little over an hour. Um... you've been around for over 15 years, you have 13 studio albums, more than enough material to play for AT LEAST 2 hours. W...T...F. And it sucked because they were great. I really enjoyed it, but I waited for them longer than they were actually on stage. That sucked.

The set was great. I knew I'd be ok since I have most of their albums. I don't have the first two or last three, so I recognized most of the stuff. They stuck to mostly their new material and it was disappointing they didn't play more from Tuonela like Rusty Moon or Divinity, but they played from Elegy, Skyforger, Eclipse and Silent Waters, that I can recall right now that I recognized.

So, Amorphis on stage, awesome. Actual concert time plus wait time, fucking sucked ass. I was in pain after the concert from being up so late and having been standing for so long. I slept most of Sunday.

First off I felt bamboozled, because there was an openning act. Nowhere online or on the ticket did they mention there would be one. This is my third concert in Mexico, although not at this venue, and neither Epica or Therion had openning acts. All I thought was, "Great, I'm going to be here later than anticipated."
Opening acts are uncommon in Mexico? @Onhell :confused: That sounds great in a way. The only bands I've seen play without support acts are Rush, Dream Theater, Avantasia and, er, The Iron Maidens. Support bands are the norm over here.

Back