2. With Oden
3. Versus
4. Surtur
5. Fate
6. Once Sent
7. Avenger
8. Crusher
9. Deceiver

Am I right that Amon have been active for half as long as Metallica and have released the same amount of studio albums?

I agree - Twilight of the Thunder God.

Thor! Odinson! Protector of Mankind!

Johan Hegg is becoming an actor :D

Movie poster:
northmenposter.jpg
Ryan Kwanten from True Blood is the main star of the movie:
MV5BNzk5NDE5OTQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTkyMjg3OA@@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg
and here's a character poster of Hegg :D
1412384_544742452288327_1893982545_o.jpg
I hope he growls all of his lines :D
Well this fucking sucked. I'll put it in a spoiler, but I doubt anyone will watch this movie, Anyway:
I downloaded the movie and while skimming through few scenes too see if the subtitles fit, I found out that Johan Hegg's character gets killed off within first 10 minutes of the movie. I'm disgusted by that, won't watch the rest.

Maybe his acting sucked too? I wouldn't mind seeing it. If it's got Vikings in it, that's good enough for me.

Very loud and energetic set from Amon Amarth tonight at Leeds University. Just one slight hitch when they lost one of the guitars and it took almost five minutes to fix the problem. I was lucky and found a great spot near the front on the steps down from the bar. I should have tried harder to get a pick or a setlist, loads of people down at the front got them.

P1050306_zpsb44da3ac.jpg

P1050338_zps96676e30.jpg

P1050325_zps6b5b4c85.jpg

I got into this band far too late. I'm kicking myself for not listening sooner so that I could've seen them with Sabaton last year! Sounds like a great show, Brigs!

Sabaton and Amon Amarth in one show would be far too exciting.

A little video footage for you:

A few weeks ago, the band parted ways with their drummer Fredrik Andersson (was in the band for 17 years). The band had a stable line-up since he joined in 1998! You don't see that so often anymore, these days.

Let's have Martin Lopez back in Amon Amarth! ;--)

Yeah, I'm sad about that. Fredrik wasn't the most complex or original drummer in the world, but he was solid and precise as fuck and the band had great chemistry with him. And yeah, I'd love to see Lopez back :)

To be honest, I thought he was not that stable on some Wacken Show I saw (studio tricks help on studio albums ;) ), unless it was/were (an)other element(s) of the band. But chemistry is certainly important.

IMO this is the best way to listen to first 4 albums, as I already said in Survivor thread:

All 4 played in 4 nights in Bochum.

Back