Albums without ONE bad song on them

[!--quoteo(post=132969:date=Mar 25 2006, 10:32 PM:name=ARealDead1)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ARealDead1 @ Mar 25 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]132969[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Slayer - Reign In Blood
[/quote]
Necrophobic [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
[!--quoteo(post=132969:date=Mar 25 2006, 10:32 PM:name=ARealDead1)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ARealDead1 @ Mar 25 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]132969[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
NotB
[/quote]
Gangland [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
SSoaSS
[/quote]
The Prophecy [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
BNW
[/quote]
Dream of Mirrors [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=132971:date=Mar 25 2006, 10:36 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Mar 25 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]132971[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Necrophobic [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
[/quote]
3 verses, two choruses, 1 bridge and 2 solos in 1 minute and 40 seconds, what more do you want? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[!--quoteo(post=132971:date=Mar 25 2006, 10:36 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Mar 25 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]132971[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Gangland [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

The Prophecy [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Dream of Mirrors [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
[/quote]
I actually like all three, my only criticism is the moment of the change of pace in Dream of Mirrors.

Xentrix - Shattered Existence
Death Angel - Act III
[/quote]
A man after my own heart ::

[!--quoteo(post=132978:date=Mar 25 2006, 11:27 PM:name=Hunlord)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Hunlord @ Mar 25 2006, 11:27 PM) [snapback]132978[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
A man after my own heart ::
[/quote]
Good aint they, I particularly like Shattered Existence and rate that as one of the best debuts by anyone ever!

Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Angra - Holy Land
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys, part 1
Gamma Ray - Land of the Free
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From the Other Side
Tribuzy - Execution
Axel Rudi Pell - Kings and Queens
Rainbow - Rising
Kamelot - The Black Halo

[!--quoteo(post=132979:date=Mar 25 2006, 11:48 PM:name=ARealDead1)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ARealDead1 @ Mar 25 2006, 11:48 PM) [snapback]132979[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Good aint they, I particularly like Shattered Existence and rate that as one of the best debuts by anyone ever!
[/quote]
Have to say my favourite is Ghostbusters! Quality band altogether.

[!--quoteo(post=132981:date=Mar 26 2006, 03:59 AM:name=Naughtius Maximus)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Naughtius Maximus @ Mar 26 2006, 03:59 AM) [snapback]132981[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys, part 1
[/quote]
I find Part II a more solid effort and their "perfect" album
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Kamelot - The Black Halo
[/quote]
I should give this album another listen, at the moment I'm OBSSESSED with Epica

[!--quoteo(post=130014:date=Feb 28 2006, 11:52 AM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Feb 28 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]130014[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Metallica - Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, Kill 'em All
Anthrax - Among the Living
[/quote]

::
All the songs on Among the Living are bad. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=133364:date=Mar 29 2006, 10:00 PM:name=macunaima)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(macunaima @ Mar 29 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]133364[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
::
All the songs on Among the Living are bad. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]
I can see we have a thrash hater on our hands [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":eek:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"ohmy.gif\" /] Among the Living is a perfect album bar the dreadful production. The songwriting is all good so I think it can be included here. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=133365:date=Mar 29 2006, 04:19 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Mar 29 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]133365[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I can see we have a thrash hater on our hands [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":eek:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"ohmy.gif\" /] Among the Living is a perfect album bar the dreadful production. The songwriting is all good so I think it can be included here. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
[/quote]

No, I actually quite like Thrash Metal. 80's Metallica is among my favorite bands. I really like Slayer and Testament. I just think Anthrax is a joke. (unless I don't know what 'thrash metal' means.)

[!--quoteo(post=133368:date=Mar 29 2006, 10:41 PM:name=macunaima)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(macunaima @ Mar 29 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]133368[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I just think Anthrax is a joke.[/quote]
Personally, I think Anthrax are a great band - but I would say Spreading the Disease was a better album than AtL. But I would also say that We’ve Come for you All is a superb album also. Take them for as they are, they don’t take themselves too seriously, so neither should anyone else.

Wow...So much to disagree with. First of all, anyone who mentioned a Metallica album other than Kill 'Em All...just no. I also don't think any of Maiden's albums belong on my list. They always seem to have at least one song that's skippable.

So, then, off the top of my head:

Death - Human
Death - Symbolic
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath
Bathory from Under The Sign... up to and including Twilight Of The Gods
Possessed - Seven Churches
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side

There's probably a lot more...It's not hard to think of albums without a bad song, but what about an album with all flat-out awesome songs? Now that's a challenge.

[!--quoteo(post=133386:date=Mar 30 2006, 12:55 AM:name=Onhell)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Mar 30 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]133386[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
So they are a joke?
[/quote]

Well, not as in "They're so bad, they're a joke", but as in they have a bit more humour. Especially when compared to the other major thrash bands, Slayer, Metallica, and Megadeth that had more serious lyrical tones. Anthrax wrote songs about movies, comic books and Stephen King novels which helped them gain a wider demographic in their audience. Some bands aren't are serious as others, simple as that. From Burzum to Regurgitated Cow Fetus.

Anyway, to add to the list.
Averse Sefira - Battle's Clarion
Suffocation - Pierced From Within
The Chasm - Conjuration Of The Spectral Empire
Vintersorg - Odemarkens Son

Kudos to Stranger In A Strange Land for picking out Possessed's legendary debut album Seven Churches. What would death metal be without it? ::

Hmm... off the top of my head, i'd say -

The Universal Migrator - Ayreon
Black Light Syndrome - Bozzio Levin Stevens
Live Evil - Black Sabbath
In The Court of The Crimson King - Crimson King
Awake - Dream Theater
Images & Words - Dream Theater
LTE (1 & 2) - Liquid Tension Experiment
Sad Wings of Destiny - Judas Priest
British Steel - Judas Priest
Melissa - Mercyful Fate
Ride The Lightening - Metallica
Glean - EchoBrain
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche
Promised Land - Queensryche
2112 - Rush
V - Symphony X
Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
Scream For Me Brazil - Bruce Dickinson
Rust In Peace - Megadeth

New Ones:

Touched By The Crimson King - Demons & Wizards
The Black Halo - Kamelot
Psychgeist - Age of Nemesis

And I guess all Maiden albums except "No Prayer For The Dying"

[!--quoteo(post=133926:date=Apr 4 2006, 02:39 AM:name=jacen110091)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jacen110091 @ Apr 4 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]133926[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
And I guess all Maiden albums except "No Prayer For The Dying"[/quote]

Woah, you think that TAATG isn't a bad song?

[!--quoteo(post=134037:date=Apr 5 2006, 06:15 AM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Apr 5 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]134037[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Opinions are different. ::
[/quote]
Yes, they are. However, Hamburger Boy asked a completely legitimate question, prompted by his surprise at the difference of opinions. So what's the problem with that?

In other words: relax, Perun. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Yeah, Perun, take a vacation, visit other sites, it's ok, we'll always be here for you, but a break from your hectic monitoring schedule will sut you fine [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Back