Albums without ONE bad song on them

[!--QuoteBegin-JEFFMETAL+Dec 27 2005, 02:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JEFFMETAL @ Dec 27 2005, 02:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I thought you should be really amazed on Rush's Grace Under Pressure (loads of ska and reagge) as a choice. Not Born Again. But anyway, i have a big open mind.  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]125923[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I don't mind ska and reggae on the list for someone who likes it... but Black Sabbath's Born Again? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Ace+Dec 26 2005, 08:26 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Dec 26 2005, 08:26 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Pink Floyd-Division Bell
[snapback]125860[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Dude! Are you fucking serious?! Division Bell has no good songs on it!! Pink Floyd lost their fire when they kicked out Roger Waters -- Roger Waters lost his fire when he became a self-absorbed control freak on a little piece of tragedy called The Final Cut.

But back to the topic... no bad songs... hmm... I actually think there are plenty of albums with no bad songs on it but that doesn't necessarily make it a great album. Nirvana's Nevermind for example, has no crappy songs on it, but it also doesn't have any great songs either (with the possible exception of "Something in the way"). Nirvana's Unplugged in NYC, on the other hand, has no duds and is a great album.

Here are some other dud-less albums:

Joshua Tree - U2
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Rain Dogs - Tom Waits
Red Headed Stranger - Willie Nelson
...And Justice for All
Led Zepplin IV
Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
Blues and Roots -- Charles Mingus

Now, do any Maiden albums belong on this list? Well, I don't think they recorded a below-average song until Tailgunner, Hooks in You and Bring your daughter... so I guess all the albums before that belong on this list. Mind you, I don't think everything pre-NPFTD was above-average. (Purgatory, Gangland, Can I Play with Madness among others come to mind here.) But none of them are below-average either.

[!--QuoteBegin-JEFFMETAL+Dec 26 2005, 09:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JEFFMETAL @ Dec 26 2005, 09:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Use Your Illusion 2

[snapback]125911[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That's interesting, I didn't know there was another album by that name. I only know the Guns n' Roses album and I know you couldn't have that one in mind. There are some really good songs on that album, but it also has GnR's two very worst songs: Get in the Ring and My World. The version of Don't Cry on UYI2 is also pretty unecessary.

Inferno, No Remorse, Overkill by Motorhead
Hate Crew DeathRoll, Are You Dead Yet? by Children of Bodom
Powerslave, Brave New World, Dance of Death by Maiden
Tyranny of Souls by Bruce
Chiamara by Chiamara (Nothing great but a solid album)
Chaos A.D. and Roots by Sepultura
Countdown to Extinction by Megadeth

I could keep going but ill stop there.

[!--QuoteBegin-JEFFMETAL+Dec 30 2005, 10:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JEFFMETAL @ Dec 30 2005, 10:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Man, i did not notice a little bit of sense in what you wrote.  [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Why you know i couldn't have this one album in mind to put in my list?

Weird thing you said, 'cos the UYI 2 i meant is the Guns 'N Roses record.
[snapback]126094[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It's called "sarcasm." I know you were talking about the GnR album by that name. But I was playing with you because I think it has two atrociously bad songs so I couldn't understand why you would include in on a list of albums with no bad songs.

em portugues: eu tava brincando meu! Eu sei que voce tava falando to disco do GnR. Eu so achei estranho porque aquele disco tem pelo menos duas faixas que sao uma bosta.

[!--QuoteBegin-JEFFMETAL+Dec 31 2005, 12:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JEFFMETAL @ Dec 31 2005, 12:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
  No use in translating, it's just the case for you to give more sense in what you write. And i know very well what's a sarcasm and being bad expressive on that post, i couldn't perceive the 'sarcasm' on that lines.
[snapback]126114[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I think you meant: "there's no point in translating;" or, if you prefer the infinitive construction, "no need to translate." But actually, I think there was a need since you couldn't recognize a perfectly clear case of sarcasm for what it was. I'll let the native speakers on this board be the judge of whether my meaning was clear.

[!--QuoteBegin-JEFFMETAL+Dec 31 2005, 12:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JEFFMETAL @ Dec 31 2005, 12:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
  But i agree with you that My World is a piece of shit and Knockin' On Heavens Door is a pain in the arse also.
[snapback]126114[/snapback]​
[/quote]

So what the hell was UYI2 doing on your list of albums with no bad songs?

[!--QuoteBegin-JEFFMETAL+Dec 31 2005, 04:44 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JEFFMETAL @ Dec 31 2005, 04:44 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--QuoteBegin-Macunaima+--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Macunaima)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
So what the hell was UYI2 doing on your list of albums with no bad songs?
[/quote]
Now you understand what is a sarcasm? We need people like you in the world. Otário! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126130[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Are you suggesting that your mention of UYI2 as an album with no bad songs was an instance of sarcasm?

Hmm...let's see. Your original post in response to Black Ace's question about albums with no bad songs consisted of nothing but a list of albums. Some of them are pretty fucking good, so I presume you did not propose the entire list in a sarcastic manner. Buried in this list of 30 or 40 so albums, with no indication that you regarded this entry on your list any differently from the others was GnR's UYI2. Now you claim this entry was meant sarcastically? Hmm...very effective indeed.

The Who: Who's Next
Iron Maiden: Piece Of Mind, Powerslave
Van Halen: Van Halen
AC/DC: Highway To Hell
Metallica: Master Of Puppets
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magik

[!--QuoteBegin-iron_beast+Dec 25 2005, 06:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_beast @ Dec 25 2005, 06:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Ramones - Anthology [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  (it's a best of)
[snapback]125846[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Not really fair, but it is the best 60+ collection of songs I've ever boughten.

I'm not going to repeat anyone so... The Cure's Disintigration is pretty much flawless. And Blind Guardian's Imaginations From The Other Side.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Madness+Jan 9 2006, 10:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Madness @ Jan 9 2006, 10:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]And Blind Guardian's Imaginations From The Other Side.
[snapback]126690[/snapback]​
[/quote]
How could I forget that one? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Jan 10 2006, 10:13 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Jan 10 2006, 10:13 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'll say Metallica's Black Album. I don't like 'Through the Never. 'Kill em All' aswell, I don't really like 'Motorbreath'

'Piece Of Mind's least good song is 'Quest for Fire' so i'll go with that. I don't like that song as much as I used to.

I can't think of any others at the moment.
[snapback]126751[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Um....Ascendancy, it's without one bad song, not with. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Jan 10 2006, 10:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Jan 10 2006, 10:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Um....Ascendancy, it's without one bad song, not with.  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126757[/snapback]​
[/quote]
[!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I'm such a [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] aren't I?

Well to do this properly I'd say that Avenged Sevenfold's 'Waking the Fallen' has no bad songs on it.

I think the only Maiden album without any poor songs is 'Seventh Son', that one isn't my favourite though.

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Jan 11 2006, 07:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Jan 11 2006, 07:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Well to do this properly I'd say that Avenged Sevenfold's 'Waking the Fallen' has no bad songs on it.

[snapback]126782[/snapback]​
[/quote]

And i'd say the opposite [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hmmm...this is a tough one. Most of my favourite albums would have one weak song on them....

Iron Maiden-Iron Maiden, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son
Metallica-Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets (although if I'm stuck for time and want to get to the good stuff, i'd skip Escape and Disposable Heroes)
Dark Tranquillity-The Gallery
Megadeth-Rust in Peace (if you count Dawn Patrol as an intro to Rust in Peace...Polaris, if not then Peace Sells...But Who's Buying)
Children of Bodom-Follow the Reaper
Nightwish-Century Child (yes, not Oceanborn, because I dislike Swanheart-Forever Yours is a better worst song (work that one out), and not really 'bad', as such)

Actually, I'm fairly easily pleased when it comes to music-I only count bad songs as those that I would be extremely tempted to skip. The worst song on one artist's 'best' album could still beat an entire 'best' album by a lesser band. I think that last paragraph makes sense...slightly [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jan 13 2006, 11:36 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jan 13 2006, 11:36 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]And i'd say the opposite  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126892[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Too right me ol' china! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Now to add a classic thrashterpiece.
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends (Better than Reign In Blood and Master Of Puppets and not as bloody overhyped [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--]).

Iron Maiden: Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, Seventh Son, X-factor, Dance of Death
Metallica: Kill Em All, Master, Justice.., Black Album
Mastodon: leviathan
Thin Lizzy: Live and Dangerous
Bruce Dickinson: Chemical Wedding
Judas Priest: Sad Wings of Destiny, Screaming for Vengence, Painkiller
Saxon: Denim and Leather
Halford: Crucible, Live insurrection

...phew...guess thats it..

Back