Nocturnal Rites: Grand Illusion
Helloween: Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt.2
Helloween: The Dark Ride
Helloween: Keeper of the Seven Keys: The Legacy
Bruce Dickinson: Tyranny of Souls
Iron Maiden: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Iron Maiden: The X-Factor
Iron Maiden: Dance of Death
Megadeth: Killing is my business...and business is good!
Megadeth: Countdown to Extinction
Megadeth: The System has Failed
BLAZE: Silicon Messiah
BLAZE: Blood and Belief
Dio: Holy Diver
Annihilator: Never Neverland
Annihilator: Schizo Deluxe
Exodus: Fabulous Disaster
Exodus: Tempo of the Damned
Stratovarius: Fourth Dimension
Symphony X: Divine Wings of Tragedy
Symphony X: The Odyssey

Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
WASP - WASP
Slayer - Reign in Blood

[!--quoteo(post=134025:date=Apr 5 2006, 12:25 PM:name=HamburgerBoy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(HamburgerBoy @ Apr 5 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]134025[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Woah, you think that TAATG isn't a bad song?
[/quote]

Its not Maidens best stuff by far, but I wouldn't really call it bad...
Not really bad, a'least . . .

Judas priest- Painkiller
Judas priest- Brittish steel
Helloween- Keeper of the seven keys part 1 & 2

[!--quoteo(post=134139:date=Apr 6 2006, 12:11 PM:name=Renegade2006)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Renegade2006 @ Apr 6 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]134139[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
WASP - WASP
[/quote]
Never really got into WASP's early stuff, I found it a bit predictable. But Headless Children I believe was a phenomenal album.

Your other choices are excellent albums.

[!--quoteo(post=134310:date=Apr 7 2006, 05:50 PM:name=Albie)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Albie @ Apr 7 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]134310[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Never really got into WASP's early stuff, I found it a bit predictable. But Headless Children I believe was a phenomenal album.

Your other choices are excellent albums.
[/quote]

I think the first 5 albums are WASP's best, I don't like any albums after the Crimson idol. The band turned a bit 'to the dark side' for my liking.

I was a bit undecided on the choice for WASP as I really enjoy 'Inside the Electric Circus' (3rd Album) - Tracks like 9.5 Nasty, Restless Gypsy and I'm Alive are awesome, although I do enjoy their version of Uriah Heeps 'Easy Living' but when the debut album has tracks like - I Wanna be Somebody, Love Machine, B.A.D, Hellion and Tormentor, my mind was made up [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

If you get chance, have a listen to Sleeping (In the Fire) from the debut album, it's a kind of 'rock ballad' with some excellent guitar playing

[!--quoteo(post=134345:date=Apr 8 2006, 06:49 AM:name=Renegade2006)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Renegade2006 @ Apr 8 2006, 06:49 AM) [snapback]134345[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
If you get chance, have a listen to Sleeping (In the Fire) from the debut album, it's a kind of 'rock ballad' with some excellent guitar playing
[/quote]
Yeah, I know that one, I'm giving it another whirl as I write. I kept hold of the Live in the Raw album as I quite like it, but I have to say ditched the rest.

[!--quoteo(post=125895:date=Dec 26 2005, 04:03 PM:name=national acrobat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Dec 26 2005, 04:03 PM) [snapback]125895[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Just realised:

Any of Black Sabbath's first five albums.
[/quote]
I'll go a step further and say their first six albums.

[!--quoteo(post=126091:date=Dec 31 2005, 03:25 AM:name=ice_deth)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ice_deth @ Dec 31 2005, 03:25 AM) [snapback]126091[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Chaos A.D. and Roots by Sepultura
[/quote]

Maybe I should have said this when you first posted it but Sepultura lost it after Arise. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

Iced Earth-Night of the Stormrider
Dream Theater-Images and Words
Queensryche-Operation Mindcrime
Dark Tranquillity-Damage Done, Character
Opeth-Blackwater Park

That's all for now.

Led Zeppelin-Led Zeppelin 1, 2, 3, 4 (untitled,) Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti
Iron Maiden-Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, Seventh Son, Dance of Death
Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Children of the Grave (Vol. 4,) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage, We Sold our Souls for Rock N' Roll Vol. 1 and 2
Megadeth-Greatest Hits: Back to the Start
Guns N' Roses- Appetite for Destruction
Metallica- Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ... And Justice for All
AC/DC- Back in Black
Dragonforce- Inhuman Rampage

[!--quoteo(post=135411:date=Apr 22 2006, 12:31 AM:name=Child of the Grave)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Child of the Grave @ Apr 22 2006, 12:31 AM) [snapback]135411[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Black Sabbath-...We Sold our Souls for Rock N' Roll Vol. 1 and 2
Megadeth-Greatest Hits: Back to the Start
[/quote]
Compilations/Best Ofs don't count [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=135391:date=Apr 21 2006, 08:11 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 21 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]135391[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Iced Earth-Night of the Stormrider
[/quote]
I have this and thought it was fairly bad when you put it alongside the recent stuff. Would you mind telling what it is about it that you like? I'm just interested in someone else's view.

[!--quoteo(post=135441:date=Apr 22 2006, 02:58 PM:name=Hunlord)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Hunlord @ Apr 22 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]135441[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I have this and thought it was fairly bad when you put it alongside the recent stuff. Would you mind telling what it is about it that you like? I'm just interested in someone else's view.
[/quote]

I put NotS in because, in my opinion, there are no bad songs on it. While taken individually some of the songs may suffer from Greely's inferior vocals (we all know who the real voice of IE is (was) [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /] ), the whole album ties together very nicely as a concept. The two intros (Beyond the Vision and Reaching the End) tie the songs together nicely, Beyond the Vision being the weaker of the two, but still helping to connect The Path I Choose with Mystical End. And Angel's Holocaust, Desert Rain and Travel in Stygian are some of the best IE songs I've heard. Saying that, I've only got 'Something Wicked...' to compare it to, but I think that album tried to do too much-there were great songs (e.g. the first two tracks, 1776, Reaping Stone, Something Wicked trilogy), but there was filler as well-you don't get that with NotS....
...and what can I say? I'm a sucker for concept albums! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Thanks for that, makes sense [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Iron Maiden: Powerslave, Seventh Son, Piece of Mind, Somewhere in Time

Rage - Soundchaser

Can't think of any other right now.

Hello to everyone, this is my first post :)

Maiden: Somewhere In Time
Bruce: Chemical Wedding
Tribe Of Gypsies: Revolucion 13
Robert Plant: Fate Of Nations
Deep Purple: Machine Head
Blind Guardian: Nightfall In Middle-Earth
Dream Theater: Metropolis Pt.2-Scenes From A Memory

Albie said:
That, I have to admit, is an outstanding album.
Yes, absolutely Albie ;)
And I forgot to mention "Streets", from Savatage....Oliva brothers at their best.

Children Of Bodom - Follow The Reaper
I Agree with most that i've heard so far.

Back