Adrian Smith

May I ask which "progressive songs" Adrian had written at the time ? Waysted Years, Sea of Madness and Stranger don't fall into this category, and his contributions in 7th Son don't either. The progressive side of the band was all Steve's at the time.

Exactly. One could argue that some of Bruce’s 80s contributions (Revelations, Powerslave) were far closer to prog than anything Adrian wrote for the band up until Paschendale.

View attachment 11279
Shavo Odadjian (SYSTEM OF A DOWN), Adrian Smith (IRON MAIDEN) and Justin Chancellor (TOOL) came together for a jam Sunday night (December 29) at an undisclosed location, while celebrating the birthday of Smith's wife, Nathalie Dufresne-Smith.

Earlier today, Odadjian took to his Instagram to post a photo of the trio, along with the following caption: ""Had the pleasure of jamming with a couple of legends last night. @misteradriansmith from @Ironmaiden and #justinchancellor from @toolmusic . What a great night. Until next time. #happybirthday @nathalie_d_smith ! #ironmaiden x #tool x #systemofadown"

Later in the day, he posted photos of the jam session, clarifying that Chancellor sat behind the drum kit, while he played bass and Smith took care of the guitar duties. He wrote: "What a fun night!"

Somebody tell the press about this other gig by the supersecretnonamepowerhouse Adrian Smith group. May they display it on an outdoor next to you! Fans hungry for more information about the group surely can wait until the end of this year to something to happen soon! (oh the irony...)

Last edited:
Ade is at NAMM this year as an artist with Jackson, so there will be quite a few interviews in the coming days.

Also, there seems to be a limited run of 2MTM (or how H calls it, "The Hooligan") guitars from Jackson custom shop...

3:30 in this video.

Interesting. Do you know if there are any pictures of them together at NAMM?

Nope. But Roy Z tagged him in a post on FB and Adrian apparently introduced Roy to Chris Buck, an English guitarist.

Also H has all of his touring guitars in LA currently and there were talks in near past (from Roy, a year or two ago) that he wants to work with Adrian again.

So, I assume Ade will either feature on the new Bruce album or Roy is producing his blues album.

Another thing that indicates that H is recording something is that Nathalie is back in the UK, while H is still in LA and she even said that he is working on "something". It cannot be Maiden-related since Steve is touring, so it's either his solo album or Bruce's solo album and Roy is likely the producer, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for H to record in LA, since he owns a studio in the UK.

Last edited:
Nope. But Roy Z tagged him in a post on FB and Adrian apparently introduced Roy to Chris Buck, an English guitarist.

Also H has all of his touring guitars in LA currently and there were talks in near past (from Roy, a year or two ago) that he wants to work with Adrian again.

So, I assume Ade will either feature on the new Bruce album or Roy is producing his blues album.

Another thing that indicates that H is recording something is that Nathalie is back in the UK, while H is still in LA and she even said that he is working on "something". It cannot be Maiden-related since Steve is touring, so it's either his solo album or Bruce's solo album and Roy is likely the producer, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for H to record in LA, since he owns a studio in the UK.

That is the kind of post that makes this forum so special. Thanks a lot.

Thanks.

Call me a cynic, but nowadays I’ll believe a solo album is happening when it gets released.

That being said, it would be great to have Adrian working with Roy Z and Bruce again.

Back