Adrian Smith

I used to like F1 when you could watch all the races on terrestrial TV for free. I remember the Aussie Grand Prix started around midnight UK time, and staying up till silly o'clock to watch it :).

Good times . . . I had a similar arrangement with the European rounds. Fortunately, I've since been able to fill that particular void with WEC and IMSA

I really wanted Adrian to be on the debut album. No offense to Dennis Stratton (the debut album is gold), but I love Adrian and if he was on the debut album, it would have been great.

I think Adrian was asked to join in 1980, but he refused and stayed with Urchin (only if he knew for what band he refuses). Adrian and Dave are friends from school.
Phil Collen from Def Leppard also was approached by Steve after Dennis departure, but if that was before connecting with Adrian ? Phil is more of a glam metal guitarist and I definitely cannot see him in the Killers album.

I really wanted Adrian to be on the debut album. No offense to Dennis Stratton (the debut album is gold), but I love Adrian and if he was on the debut album, it would have been great.

I think Adrian was asked to join in 1980, but he refused and stayed with Urchin (only if he knew for what band he refuses). Adrian and Dave are friends from school.
Phil Collen from Def Leppard also was approached by Steve after Dennis departure, but if that was before connecting with Adrian ? Phil is more of a glam metal guitarist and I definitely cannot see him in the Killers album.
He was asked to join, but refused, because he wanted to see how far Urchin can go. A year later, when the things didn't work out, he randomly met Dave and Steve in London and accepted their invitation. See Early Days: The History Of iron Maiden, part 1.

He was asked to join, but refused, because he wanted to see how far Urchin can go. A year later, when the things didn't work out, he randomly met Dave and Steve in London and accepted their invitation. See Early Days: The History Of iron Maiden, part 1.

So, Adrian was Steve's first choice to fill the position for 2nd guitarist.

This. I thought it was a well-known fact among Maiden fans. I'm surprised there are people who didn't know that.

Yes, I understand; after Dennis departed...

You asked about Steve's first choice for second guitarist. His first choice was Dave Murray.

For 2nd guitarist at that specific moment in time '80-'81. That's was what I had in mind. A little misunderstanding happen, I guess.
I thought it was a well-known fact among Maiden fans. I'm surprised there are people who didn't know that.

Congratulations for you Ariana then.

Last edited:
This joke has some potential for opening a new stupid thread, something like "What is the hierarchy between Maiden's guitarists".

Back