Adrian Smith

Mods, I'd like this person to be banned from This or related discussions because he brings nothing to the table but noise.
Days after days I'm clicking on notifications for threads I follow only to see this "Insert any username here" and his incoherent ramblings. Who gives a fuck what you consider anything? Add to the discussion with something others can follow up to, or just do what frustrated people do - jerk off and write a blog.

Numb nuts has numb guts.

Days after days I'm clicking on notifications for threads I follow only to see this Magnus and his incoherent ramblings. Who gives a fuck what you consider anything? Add to the discussion with something others can follow up to, or just do what frustrated people do - jerk off and write a blog.
I'm just quoting you. Or Zare...

Have you noticed that Adrian's guitar is the loudest live (well, at least since the reunion) and in the mix on the studio albums (again since the reunion).

I like how powerful his guitar sounds when he does a solo and rhythm* (*''Lord Of Light'')

Well he's the only one doing the "modern" heavy metal rhythm guitar. SOTC without Smith I cannot even listen to any more.

I love SOTC in studio and live. Live is more powerful, but studio is more ‘huge’ in sound. It’s a great song no matter how you listen to it.

I love SOTC in studio and live. Live is more powerful, but studio is more ‘huge’ in sound. It’s a great song no matter how you listen to it.

I love the song as well, but I have to say that H's playing does indeed add some appropriate bulk to it. It's not like Davey & Janick weren't able to do that, but the production of The X-Factor does not really help with that department. Don't get me wrong, I like the sound of the album in general, but I'd say it's the live version that sounds more "huge." The original recording has that vey special gloomy epicness in it though! So yeah... maybe it does sound a bit more huge indeed.

Nah, anyway, I love the original, but Adrian's involvement fits the song very well. As it is with most of the songs anyway. :D

As it is with all of the songs anyway. :D

FTFY. ;):p Adrian improves every song with his involvement.

Btw, I think (from Maiden's guitarists) only he can fit in Accept. The specific sound of Wolf's guitar/solos can only be matched by Adrian.

Last edited:
X Factor drums and bass sound good, leads are on point but rhythm guitar sounds powerless.
I would like to hear Aftermath, Blood on the worlds hands and Lightning strikes twice with Smith, too.

Adrian definitely adds a lot to Sign of the Cross and The Clansman. Both adding grunt to the rhythm guitars and harmonizing certain sections to make them sound even better and fuller. The other three 90s songs they've done don't really benefit that much which kind of proves to me that his presence wouldn't alone have elevated the material overall in any meaningful way, though.

Oh yeah, and outside the Blaze era songs: Adrian helps Fear of the Dark a fair amount, and his contributions to ATSS are so monumental I don't even want to hear any other live takes of that song anymore.

Back