Adrian Smith

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Damn, I missed the argument. Adrian doesn't sound like Janick at all there. Your hearing obviously needs to be treated. The cure is exposure to Adrian's playing for a few hours on a daily basis for years. :p

What do you think of PRR, Cried?

Right, let's forget that Janick quip!... :p

Yeh, I think Amoken Broken is pretty good. I'm far more rock-leaning in my old age, than metal --& this is obviously firmly metal. Far better mixed the Steve's BL, I agree. Nice & clean, rather than sounding like it was recorded in a cupboard! I have to admit (no idea why I'm comparing these btw, but it seems useful for analysis..) that at first I remembered melodies/words, etc, far more from BL than PRR (--despite obvious production flaws.) I think some of the BL tracks are genuinely more memorable in that way. (I'm not saying any of this is truly memorable, which is something else entirely.) But PRR has certainly come up in my estimation (which wasn't bad to begin with) with more listening. I like them both quite a lot.

I'd have liked more showy lead work though; I thought it was all pretty tame stuff. And I'd love to hear more of Adrian's singing. In fact I'd love him to have a bash at a whole album with his own vocals. He really does have a nice voice. But, all in, if this was genuinely just Adrian having at bash at a whole album with this kind of sound & feel (not trying to underestimate the effort put in --I'm sure this was a lot of work), then it is very credible. Any new band producing an album like this would be quite highly thought of I'd guess (great hopes, potential & all that) --& this is just a side-project for Adrian. Pretty impressive stuff.

(I suppose I should really be posting all this in the dedicated thread.)

I will talk about Steve Harris and Janick Gers in the Adrian Smith thread because individual threads are irrelevant when Adrian is the tapestry.

That fish definitely has been working a desk job.
And I have never seen Adrian looking more like a British country gentleman.;)

Yeah. I didn't mean it negative, though. This is the real Adrian. :)
In a few months he'll turn into Maiden Adrian again (dyed beard or no beard ;-)

Back