Adrian Smith

Thanks to all of you for the information. I'm sure Keith Richards was drunk. Anyway I'm waiting for the 3rd edition to know something more. :lol:

Too much Kotzen, too little Smith.

Also he's playing just stock and standard blues patterns in the solo, using a very unimaginative sound. Then Kotzen uses the similar sound, but cuts slightly better in the mix, and plays an actually exciting solo. When they do verse licks, Smith hangs on a note, while Kotzen uses some catchy pentatonic shape.

Smith is seriously underplaying, down to being completely unrecognizable which is a hell of a feature but I don't think that's in demand. He's not a session guitarist. His name is the first in the combination. I don't get it.

Def Leppard already have an H in the form of Phil Collen. I’ve always equated the Murray / Smith and Clark / Collen guitar duos mentally, actually.

If only there was an infamous Maidenfans thread discussing the very topic...

I actually went back and looked, seems like the original thread was entirely based on speculation. That Adrian was actually considered for Def Leppard seems like a fairly recent revelation, more recent than that thread.

I actually went back and looked, seems like the original thread was entirely based on speculation. That Adrian was actually considered for Def Leppard seems like a fairly recent revelation, more recent than that thread.
The way it was put was that it was speculation that Adrian would be willing. But of course, as stated in the interview, Def Leppard would welcome Adrian joining. Not only he would bring so many fans, but also he would make that band much more legitimate IMO.

BTW off topic please vote for maiden on the metallian.com poll. I just voted and we are #1

Back