Adrian Smith

Maiden Marketing Team is taking a piss on our behalf. I mean - I don't expect god knows what from them but at this point I'm starting to feel a little bit disrespected.

About Iron Maiden official biography by Mick Wall, how many editions/endings there are actually?
So, is it like this (something like that):
First edition released in 1998 (ends with Virtual XI)
Second edition released in 2001 (ends with Rock In Rio)
Third edition released in 2004 (ends with Dance Of Death)

Just checked my Finnish-translation edition yesterday, and that ends with the guys talking about the recording and release of Rock In Rio.
Not sure if there was any other translated over here.

About Iron Maiden official biography by Mick Wall, how many editions/endings there are actually?
So, is it like this (something like that):
First edition released in 1998 (ends with Virtual XI)
Second edition released in 2001 (ends with Rock In Rio)
Third edition released in 2004 (ends with Dance Of Death)

Just checked my Finnish-translation edition yesterday, and that ends with the guys talking about the recording and release of Rock In Rio.
Not sure if there was any other translated over here.

That’s correct. The first one was written by Mick Wall. The added chapters on subsequent editions were written by other people.

It seems the new chapter on Adrian’s book is about 2020 and going on holiday with the Kotzen family. Apparently Adrian talks about going to record an album, but mostly about fishing, eating, playing tennis, and meeting Keith Richards (information courtesy of a member of the official fan club forum).

I hadn't read the chapter yet @GhostofCain but after reading your post above this morning I finished the other chapter I hadn't read and then read the new one.

The album that he was recording when he met Keith Richards was Final Frontier, so unless I missed something there was no mystery album mentioned. In the previous chapter he mentions being in Nassau a few years after the Book of Souls tour had finished, which could correspond with a trip to write with Steve that was rumoured on here as happening just before the rumoured Paris Album 17 sessions. However, he does seem to be in the Caribbean a lot so it might have nothing to do with any album.

That sounds more interesting than what Ghost shared. But I probably crave too much for new Maiden activity.

Last edited:
That sounds more interesting than what Ghost said. But I probably crave too much for new Maiden activity.

No it was literally no more than a sentence, he had been talking about the end of the book of souls tour, and then said something like "a few years later I was in Nassau again".

The new chapter is fine in the context of the book, it's exactly like the rest of the chapters, all about fishing with a bit of music info thrown in to give the fishing a time and place. I don't think it's a cynical thing to get sales, at least no more than is normal in publishing. Different reprints, hard back and paperbacks, new editions etc. are all common place.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I was just sharing what the new chapter contains according to the person who shared the information on the Iron Maiden fan club forum.

No one shot the messenger, Ghost. If it satisfies you more, I'll change the word "said" into "shared". You still said it here, though. ;p

Not at all, I didn't mean it to sound that way. I just meant to give the correct information

I was meant to quote Forostar, but I know you both did not mean it to sound like that.

Thanks for clarifying the content of the new chapter!

Back