Adrian Smith

Nice! He had two chances mentioning that the son of Beatles drummer Ringo Starr played on his A.S.a.P. album, since there is a Beatles album in his top 10 as well as a The Who album. Zak Starkey plays with The Who since the 1990s.

:facepalm: :mad:
This is like the Japanese cds or deluxe editions with 2cds…6 months after the release of the album. I hope someone scan that chapter and upload to internet. Thank god I didn't buy the book. The people who bought it must be feel betrayed or something.

Is this one of the things in the pipeline?

Last edited:
Yep I guess it's lame way to release new "enhanced" version of the book.
I have one signed by H (and if you didn't know it can still be ordered from the FC) and I haven't even yet gotten to start it, as I have some other books going at the moment.

I think the Maiden's official biography 2nd and 3rd edition has more chapters, maybe I'm wrong. So it's not new in publishing companies.

I think the Maiden's official biography 2nd and 3rd edition has more chapters, maybe I'm wrong. So it's not new in publishing companies.
That's just because for a while they kept updating it to be more recent. It's massively awkward since some of the earlier chapters reference Bruce and Adrian's interviews where they talk about leaving Maiden for good, but then you get to chapter number whatever the last one is and it's all "oh yeah Blaze is fired and they had a reunion". Followed by an optional Brave New World chapter and review, if you have the same edition as me. And if your edition is even newer than mine, you'll get a whole chapter on Dance of Death too!

It's silly but my point is, nothing's massively changed in Adrian's life since then that the book needs an additional chapter for clarifications or getting up-to-date on current events. The biography at least has that excuse and I think it's a perfectly valid choice there.

Maybe the added chapter is off Adrians latest catches...or chase is better than the catch. Then there's yet another coming soon that add Smith/Kotzen-stuff. And well, let me see, what comes after that..
I have all these books, Wall's Iron Maiden official biography (isn't that the one you're talking here?) and it's Finnish translation, but can't remember what chapter it ends with, and Im not sure if any added chapter versions were ever translated. Have to check it tomorrow.
I have 2 editions of Bruce's book, the first UK-edition, then I have 2 Finnish translations that he both signed (the other I got personally) then later there was paperback edition of the Finnish-edition released, but I didn't buy that one anymore. It only had some little more material added..as I checked it out at bookstore and library later on.

That's just because for a while they kept updating it to be more recent. It's massively awkward since some of the earlier chapters reference Bruce and Adrian's interviews where they talk about leaving Maiden for good, but then you get to chapter number whatever the last one is and it's all "oh yeah Blaze is fired and they had a reunion". Followed by an optional Brave New World chapter and review, if you have the same edition as me. And if your edition is even newer than mine, you'll get a whole chapter on Dance of Death too!

The first edition is a hagiography by Mick Wall that finishes praising Virtual XI as an amazing achievement. I remember reading it when it was released and thinking "What the fuck?"

The chapters added after the reunion, whilst interesting, make for some awkward reading considering the how Virtual XI was praised previously. :lol:

I guess Rod and Steve saw the errors of their ways but could not be arsed asking for the official biography to be rewritten. :lol:

Last edited:
Back