Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Hi, I am new at this forum. Just wanted to ask if you guys are sure the guitar Adrian plays in the Piece of Mind album is a Gibson Melody Maker or a Gibson Les Paul Junior?

Thank you
Melody Maker with humbuckers. Apparently on whole album.

That Jackson dinky and the purported Dave Murray strats that Matt’s already sold do not match up to any guitar I have ever seen either one of them play. Bruce’s signature on the Dean look suspicious as well.

That Jackson dinky and the purported Dave Murray strats that Matt’s already sold do not match up to any guitar I have ever seen either one of them play. Bruce’s signature on the Dean look suspicious as well.

Afaik, that blue Dean was trashed at RIR across the monitor desk according to Bruce's book. Another strange thing.

Afaik, that blue Dean was trashed at RIR across the monitor desk according to Bruce's book. Another strange thing.
Despite the buckle rash on the back, the top is remarkably clean. As well as the erased but still legible 'Bruce' at the edge of the burst, it's curious that the inscription is under the hardware & controls rather than written around them, suggesting it had been on display somewhere sans hardware. It's unfortunate that Matt doesn't provide any provenance for it. Ditto for the other 'Maiden' guitars.

Re. the Jackson midi guitars, were they custom order only?

Cheers!

Despite the buckle rash on the back, the top is remarkably clean. As well as the erased but still legible 'Bruce' at the edge of the burst, it's curious that the inscription is under the hardware & controls rather than written around them, suggesting it had been on display somewhere sans hardware. It's unfortunate that Matt doesn't provide any provenance for it. Ditto for the other 'Maiden' guitars.

Re. the Jackson midi guitars, were they custom order only?

Cheers!

Probably yeah. Grover Jackson and his staff probably put the guts of Roland Synth guitar into that axe.

Last edited:
Oh yeah those are definitely fake. All of them seem to be based on a few specific guitars but all of them are a bit off and I refuse to believe that they just happened to find Dave and Adrian's backup guitars somewhere and get them signed.

h-sg.jpg

Do u guys know which colour is? I can't make the difference between walnut, cherry, brown, burgundy, etc...

Custom Jackson. That's all. It was used as a warm-up guitar during AOB-TCW era I believe (before the HSH Jackson got that spot after H bought his 2nd sunburst Strat) .
Did he ever use the HSH Jackson superstrat on stage with Bruce's solo band? Or actually ever even with Maiden before it got the signature pickguard? I haven't seen any footage of that, just the few instances it's been spotted (or played) backstage.

Did he ever use the HSH Jackson superstrat on stage with Bruce's solo band? Or actually ever even with Maiden before it got the signature pickguard? I haven't seen any footage of that, just the few instances it's been spotted (or played) backstage.

Well, with Bruce's band it was a backup for his #1 Sunburst Strat, but I think that nothing has ever gone wrong with that guitar (at least there are no bootlegs of it...), so probably not.

With Maiden (pre SBIT, when he recieved the signature pickguard), I think the closest it got to the stage was DOD tour, when #2 Sunburst Strat was actually his main drop D guitar and the Jackson became a backup for #1 Sunburst Strat again. Again, no bootlegs show stage use.

Back