Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Ruflux

Ancient Mariner
Custom Jackson. That's all. It was used as a warm-up guitar during AOB-TCW era I believe (before the HSH Jackson got that spot after H bought his 2nd sunburst Strat) .
Did he ever use the HSH Jackson superstrat on stage with Bruce's solo band? Or actually ever even with Maiden before it got the signature pickguard? I haven't seen any footage of that, just the few instances it's been spotted (or played) backstage.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Did he ever use the HSH Jackson superstrat on stage with Bruce's solo band? Or actually ever even with Maiden before it got the signature pickguard? I haven't seen any footage of that, just the few instances it's been spotted (or played) backstage.
Well, with Bruce's band it was a backup for his #1 Sunburst Strat, but I think that nothing has ever gone wrong with that guitar (at least there are no bootlegs of it...), so probably not.

With Maiden (pre SBIT, when he recieved the signature pickguard), I think the closest it got to the stage was DOD tour, when #2 Sunburst Strat was actually his main drop D guitar and the Jackson became a backup for #1 Sunburst Strat again. Again, no bootlegs show stage use.

Moonchild88

Prowler
In the Holy Smoke official video Janick appears to play a natural finish stratocaster with an uk flag sticker on it! Not sure if is natural or yellow, the image is not good!

matic22

Ancient Mariner
In the Holy Smoke official video Janick appears to play a natural finish stratocaster with an uk flag sticker on it! Not sure if is natural or yellow, the image is not good!
It's a stripped 70's strat that has Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders. Used to be black when he played with Gillan and White Spirit. It was his main guitar before Maiden. In White Spirit it had a black pickguard, but with Gillan it already had this one and the GB sticker.

Warning for the haters... Vintage Janick prancing.

Last edited:

matic22

Ancient Mariner
In the Rainmaker video, Adrian seems to play a Gibson Les Paul Custom in Alpine White with a black pickguard.
Yup, probably a loaned guitar. Janick is also playing what looks like a loaned white Strat, Steve is playing his 1 signature bass (probably loaned, again) and Dave is playing the HSS non-floyded Strat he was using on DOD.