Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

So, 2019 update:

Ade:
Aces, WED, Trooper, Revelations, FTGGOG, Wicker Man, Evil, Hallowed - Green Sunburst Jackson Prototype
2MTM - Jackson Custom shop 2MTM guitar, with 1 humbucker, no neck and middle pickups
Clansman, SOTC - Black Les Paul Standard (presumably with heavier strings for rythm playing only)
FOI - Les Paul Custom
FOTD, Number, IM - Jackson AS 8431 prototype with a new neck, since the original was broken by H last year (Can be distinguished from the #2 proto by colour and #2 proto has a chipped pickguard)
RTTH - The V

Jan:
Same as last year

Dave:
Almost the same, but the Floyd Rose Classic strat is gone and Dave uses the Cali series on TWM instead. The 70's Strat is used on FOTD instead of Cali series.

Wasn't there a green guitar with a mirror pickguard, or did that turn out to actually be the 2MTM guitar? Thanks!

So somehow, I haven't seen this photo here since the either source of the photo has been removed or deleted. So I have this on my external HD, just in case if the photo removed or deleted.

The first on the left is the black American Standard Fender with a Floyd Rose retrofitted, that Dave used from BNW to AMOLD but with the hot rails removed and replaced with DiMarzio Super Distortion and PAF. The middle is the 1960s' Strat that Dave used as a back up to Kossoff Strat, only thing is that the Kahler was replaced with a Floyd Rose. The third in the back is a Dave Murray Signature Strat with Floyd Rose.

Photo is from Dave's guitar tech Colin Price.

So somehow, I haven't seen this photo here since the either source of the photo has been removed or deleted. So I have this on my external HD, just in case if the photo removed or deleted.

View attachment 10147

The first on the left is the black American Standard Fender with a Floyd Rose retrofitted, that Dave used from BNW to AMOLD but with the hot rails removed and replaced with DiMarzio Super Distortion and PAF. The middle is the 1960s' Strat that Dave used as a back up to Kossoff Strat, only thing is that the Kahler was replaced with a Floyd Rose. The third in the back is a Dave Murray Signature Strat with Floyd Rose.

Photo is from Dave's guitar tech Colin Price.

The first one is indeed the black Floyd Rose Classic, but it had the Hot Rails pickguard fitted back since.

The 2nd is the a 1964 Strat. Not exactly a backup, since it was used on more than a half of LAD and even more than Kossoff Strat on SOT.

The 3rd one is a DM prototype #1.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but it looks like Adrian's green San Dimas finally has a USA made version coming out!

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but it looks like Adrian's green San Dimas finally has a USA made version coming out!

Yup. Plus the SDX's (except the green one) are now discontinued and replaced with a white guard and maple board one.

Is it Adrian's tho? This has a rosewood fingerboard and afaik, Ade's had maple.

Also there is no stress crack. Could be a backup and Ade had 2 of them.

Last edited:
Is it Adrian's tho? This has a rosewood fingerboard and afaik, Ade's had maple.

Also there is no stress crack. Could be a backup and Ade had 2 of them.
Good point. The English description is a little ambiguous as to whether it is one of Adrian's SiT guitars, or if it's merely of the same type. Perhaps it's clearer in the original description in French? Still, it's great to see a close up of all the controls, etc. :)

Hi, I am new at this forum. Just wanted to ask if you guys are sure the guitar Adrian plays in the Piece of Mind album is a Gibson Melody Maker or a Gibson Les Paul Junior?

Thank you

Back