365 Albums In One Year

I wouldn't call it a remake. In fact it's an even bigger release than LAD can ever aspire to be.
While yes it is larger it is essentially the same show with the some changes being Janick and the SIT/SSOASS additions. But ultimately the purpose was to have a revived concert tour of LAD

183/365
Iron_Maiden_-_Live_After_Death.jpg

Live After Death - Iron Maiden
Format: Vinyl

Initial Thoughts: Maiden had recently released their 5th Studio album the mighty powerslave. A career spanning setlist at the time featuring essentially all the tracks one would like to hear from those available albums at the time. The only notable omnission would be The Prisoner off of TNOTB but wow is this a setlist. - 10/10

Churchill's Speech/Aces High - Winston Churchill introduces the band letting the crowd know they are in for an onslaught of heavy metal music which will never surrender, Aces High comes in once the speech is complete melodic and Bruce is firing on all cylinders on the speedy opener of the bands masterpiece 5th album. Amazing soloing just like the studio version. Steve's bass keeping the band in line the entire time. What an opener - 10/10

2 Minutes To Midnight - Wasting no time the band goes into the second song off of Powerslave. A strong 1-2 punch, much stronger than the studio version the band delivers an exceptional rendition of the frankly overplayed track. - 10/10

The Trooper - Continuing on the guitar rocker assault the band launches into the classic track off of Piece of Mind. The Trooper's harmonized guitar intro is majestic live, the crying chorus of the song is a victim to weaker backing vocals but the song itself is performed incredibly well aside from that. The galloping bass is amazing. Nicko's drums driving the pace with Steve. - 9/10

Revelations - A track which has grown on me as of late comes in next the first true longer track of the album, dynamic and Bruce sings it stronger here than on the studio version, the live setting allows for the guitar work to feel much heavier. An amazing guitar solo from Adrian ensues and the band comes back finishing off the track - 9/10

Flight Of Icarus - Opening up with the classic scream for me intro by Bruce the mighty Flight of Icarus launches into action, faster than the studio version which I feel like makes the song even stronger and unrelenting. Closing off side 1 in brilliant fashion. - 10/10

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner - Side 2 opens with the monstrous masterpiece from the band's most bands couldn't make the perfection that was the studio version even stronger than it initially was. Iron Maiden are not most bands. Rime is faster heavier and outright brutal. Bruce is vicious singing some beautiful high notes and delivering the lyrics perfectly. - 10/10

Powerslave - How does one follow up Rime, one delivers a roaring rendition of Powerslave. The title track and final song from the mighty album comes in with recorded intro before the band launches into a heavy delivery of the opening riffs. Bruce cries out in anguish emulating the pharoah he is singing about. The amazing solos are worth the price of the whole album. - 10/10

The Number Of The Beast - The haunting intro follows up continuing the pattern of absolutely annihilating any one who didn't have their face melted off by the last 3 song's amazing delivery. Once again beautiful guitar solos, Bruce is starting to sound a little tired but wow does he still deliver - 10/10

Hallowed Be Thy Name - YYYYEEEEEAAAAAEEEEEAAAAAAAEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! HALLLLOOWWWEEED BEEE THY NAAAAAAME! - 10/10

Iron Maiden - The main set closes with the eponymous track, higher energy than the studio track a fantastic rendition of a relatively solid track. Closing it out with lots of energy - 9/10

Run To The Hills - The encore opens with the radio classic, high energy an unrelenting like essentially everything that has come before. What a way to kick off an encore, the band sounds as fresh if not better than they did at the start of the concert. - 10/10

Running Free - Closing the full concert is a mediocre track from the bands debut a slower track than most of what has come before, delivered exceptionally once more. Lots of crowd participation in this rendition which drags out the song a fair bit, a little too long at times. When the band is actually playing the song it is delivered great. - 8/10

Wrathchild - Side 4 containing only bonus tracks which had also been played at points on the tour opens with Wrathchild, short and to the point, well delivered. - 8.5/10

22 Acacia Avenue - The only track thus far that I don't feel is improved in some way from the studio version, a song I'm not fond of it just feels weaker overall. - 8/10

Children Of The Damned - The second track from The Number Of The Beast remains haunting in the live setting. A great rendition, seems a little tame at times but overall the band does their mini-epic justice - 9/10

Die With Your Boots On - Increasing the speed once more the band delivers another track from Piece of Mind which oddly hasn't been featured since side 1. A good rendition - 8.5/10

Phantom Of The Opera - Closing off the whole album is the bands first epic, the mighty Phantom Of The Opera makes itself known with the iconic riff off the bat before erupting into the blazing rocker, delivered with great efficiency. - 9/10

Flow - The first 3 sides of the album flows perfectly within itself, side 4 feels quite disjointed as it is a bonus side of music. So due to it being the bonus it will not count against it - 10/10

Final Thoughts - Only thing that bothers me about this album is the bonus side, it should have been mixed into the whole concert and delivered in a proper concert format with side 4 being Iron Maiden + The Encore, that being said the band delivers an unbelievable setlist and even with the bonus disk it ends on a great note. It is clear why the songs on side 4 are there. - 9/10

Overall 94%; without side 4: 97%

50% Completed.
I'd like to recommend the bsides of the singles that belong to that album:
Running Free (short version without Bruce speech) 3:28 min. If you don't like the long version you could listen this one.
Sanctuary (recorded at Long Beach) The last song of the show but it wasn't included in the album because the length of the LP side I think it's not the same that you can watch it in the Live After Death video, so it would requires a listen to close the show at Long Beach.
Murders in the Rue Morgue (Live at Hammersmith Odeon)
Losfer Words (Live at Hammersmith Odeon)

Anyone who thinks that Somewhere in Time is gateway Iron Maiden clearly doesn't understand Somewhere in Time's role in Iron Maiden's history.

I didn't understand at all in '87 when I was 12 and that WAS my gateway. I went completely nuts for Maiden as soon as I first heard it :D
Congratulations :) What was it like realizing the songs were unable to be replicated live, and that they would never do another record in the same vein?

Didn't give it much thought :D C'mon I was a kid
Soon I heard all the previous albums and also liked them instantly. I guess I didn't pay much attention to production and sound, and stylistically the albums were quite similar (at least "classic" ones)

184/365
Pink_Floyd-Animals-Frontal.jpg

Animals - Pink Floyd

Pigs On The Wing Part 1 - A calm acoustic introductory track, a nice pleasant track sung by Waters. - 8/10

Dogs - The first of 3 longer drawn out tracks closes off side 1 of the album, calm but still quite dynamic transitioning from acoustic work to some crying electric guitars. Dogs barking makes sense in a song about aggressive dogs but still feels out of place at the same time. The drawn out calling of the song's midsection is a little unneeded before the dogs come back in again. The faint but distinguishable drumming is quite effective in this very psychedelic section, the acoustic guitars come back and the song builds back up again. A little long but overall some really nice musicianship on this track - 8/10

Pigs (Three Different Ones) - The opening of this track doubles down on the animal sounds, pigs oinking away in the interlude at the beginning. Vocals alternate between clear and distorted, once again very progressive although much less interesting than the previous track. Although the guitar outro is absolutely amazing - 7/10

Sheep - Sheep open up the next track, before disappearing and the band band begins to build their next lengthier track, suddenly vocals come into play, nice guitar work throughout this track although vocally it leaves some to be desired which has been a theme for the Pink Floyd track's I've heard. - 7.5/10

Pigs On The Wing Part 2 - The album closes off with the second part of the opening track, a calm acoustic track which is very short and to the point. A nice ending to the album - 8/10

Overall 77%

185/365
Principle_of_moments.JPG

The Principle Of Moments - Robert Plant

Other Arms - Robert opens the album with a nice Zeppelin esc rocker, although it sounds like it would be a Zeppelin track it is very different from their sound at the same time. A nice opening track with a familliar yet different twist. - 9/10

In The Mood - A midpaced track Roberts singing is very clear and incredibly calm some wonderful drumming on this track which I believe is one of the 6 on the album with Phil Collins behind the kit. A nice calm track - 9/10

Messin With The Mekon - With a stop and go intro, this band continues with Plant's distant and calm vocals although the band feels like it is going to burst into a roaring rocker at any point. Not a fan of this song, it just doesn't work - 6/10

Wreckless Love - Side 1 closes off with another track with a stop and go style intro, although faster and signalling of a more rocking approach, not much heavier. Once more the drums are one of the highlights of this track, too bad it isn't that great - 7/10

Thru' With The Two Step - A midpaced track which feels like it could be much better if the pace was slightly increased or if it was shorter. Overall not really a track that pulled me in much or at all for that matter - 6.5/10

Horizontal Departure - Better than the previous track, more upbeat on the chorus with some much calmer verses. Not an amazing track but Plant is getting back on the right track with this one. - 8/10

Stranger Here .... Than Over There - Another track which just feels like it is missing a little something but still, a nice one to listen to. The ending is very strong - 7.5/10

Big Log - This track clicks once again, Plant is mystical and sings quite nicely over the subdued band. Not much else to say here. - 8.5/10

Overall 77%

186/365
Whitesnake_-_Ready_An%27_Willing_album_cover.jpg

Ready An' Willing - Whitesnake
Format: CD/Digital

Fool For Your Loving - The bluesy rocker which would later be redone opens up the album, a Whitesnake classic with killer bass work on this version which is missed on the remake. Lord's keys are great and Coverdale delivers amazing vocally. - 10/10

Sweet Talker - Marsden and Moody open this track with some calm guitar work before erupting into another bluesy rocker with Coverdale singing high over top. However the tone of Coverdale's voice is just a little off or so it feels. The key and guitar solo is well delivered by the two soloists. - 7.5/10

Ready An' Willing - This track has a decent set of lyrics and Coverdale delivers them well but the highlight is how the band delivers an unreal performance starting with the opening bass line. - 8/10

Carry Your Load - Calm and bluesy. The sheer difference between this album and their future albums like Slide It In and 1987 is quite amazing, the difference in sound with both being great. That being said while this song has the elements which made early Whitesnake great, a bluesy guitar solo some nice Coverdale vocals and Lord's keys it doesn't quite reach the heights it could - 7.5/10

Blindman - A ballad, once again bluesy but this one gets the right mark, Coverdale sings longingly and the band plays really well behind his vocals. Building guitar work. The bridge has some great vocal and drum work before the guitar solo comes in. Not perfect but wow is it a great early Whitesnake song - 9/10

Ain't Gonna Cry No More - Acoustic work throughout the first halftrack, light keys from Lord and Coverdale sings. Overall nothing really stands out on this track. But it isn't a bad track by any means, the second half becomes electric once again bringing more energy. - 7.5/10

Love Man - A definite beat introduces this track, Coverdale comes in soon with vocals, the beat doesn't change and the band trudges on with some guitars in the back behind his vocals. The solo is okay but this track just trudges along for too long and is quite well forgettable - 6.5/10

Black And Blue - Opening with crowd noise and a riff which reminds me of country music for some reason, upbeat with reoccurring crowd noise making it feel like a club show. The entire song feels like it is live, nice vocal harmonies and overall a song which features some solid work from the band but lacking something to push it over the edge. - 8/10

She's A Woman - Lord opens the final song of the album with a simplistic keyboard sequence. Coverdale comes in singing quite softly over the keys. Guitars join in before becoming more prominent. The closest thing to a Coverdale scream signals the band picking up the pace, the keyboard solo and the heavier drums from Ian Paice make this track which appeared to be a ballad initially really shine. Coverdale delivers fine vocals as well. - 8.5/10

Overall 81%

Quite a bookended album.

08bafc1f6df51fd2a41240b61a652aef.1000x1000x1.jpg

Album 117/365

1. Great Big White World - Hot damn, this is a fantastic opener. It has an unmistakable industrial feel to it, but there's also hints of more typical rock and I even wanna say some glam. But it's also a highly emotive track and I love the way it builds up to the chorus, which is fantastic. The guitars in particular sound great. Awesome song. 10/10
2. The Dope Show - A pretty great follow-up to the previous song. I love the way this album sounds, it feels both synthetic and organic at the same time. I dig the chorus here, but the verses don't quite grip me. I think it'll grow on me, though. 9/10
3. Mechanical Animals - This song is absolutely huge. The way it builds up into the chorus is great, and again, there's a lot of surprising emotion in Manson's delivery. And the post-chorus helps make it stand out even better. Another awesome song. 10/10
4. Rock Is Dead - The opening riff here sounds similar to the one in "Disposable Teens". In fact, I think that "Teens" was likely a recreation of this song but done in a different style, and I like that one a lot more. "Rock Is Dead" is good, but not as good as the three songs preceding it. 8/10
5. Disassociative - Damn, this is a cool song. The way it's put together feels extremely space-y, which is what they intended anyway, and the lyrics equating a bad trip with being lost in space make it even better. Another great song. 10/10
6. The Speed Of Pain - This is another great song, but I don't think the chorus quite knocks it out of the park. Everything else is really good. Like "The Dope Show", I could see it growing on me. 9/10
7. Posthuman - Weakest song on here so far. It's got a nice vibe but never really takes off to the heights the others reach. Nice pumping pace though. 7/10
8. I Want To Disappear - This is a really interesting song. Manson's trying his hand at a typical rock song and I dig it. Not one of his best but it's pretty good. 8/10
9. I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me) - And meanwhile I don't really like this song as much as I should. It's very catchy but not really my thing. 7/10
10. New Model No. 15 - This one isn't a big stand-out either. The sort of one you could clap along to but that's not really what makes Manson the artist that he is. He's certainly experimenting on a lot of this album, but some experiments work better than others. 7/10
11. User Friendly - A bit better than the previous two although not quite as good as the great songs on this album. The chorus is pretty good and the build-up works well. It's just not a particular standout, but it's good. 8/10
12. Fundamentally Loathsome - This one is also a bit on the lower side. It's fine but not outstanding. 7/10
13. The Last Day On Earth - Okay, now we're finally back. This song is really good, lots of emotion in it. It's not quite up there with the songs on here that I'd call 'perfect', but it's very, very good. 9/10
14. Coma White - What a perfect way to close out the album. "Coma White" almost feels heartbroken. Manson puts on a terrifically sad performance here and the chorus is absolutely fantastic. This is a classic for a reason. 10/10

The first half of the album was pretty great, but the rest seemed to lose its footing until the last two songs. A good album for sure, but Holy Wood is still my favorite from Manson.

Rating: 85%

187/365
BlackSabbath-LiveEvil-Front.jpg

Live Evil - Black Sabbath

Initial Thoughts - At a glance an amazing setlist, only lacking one or two songs from either era which I would be interested in hearing Dio rip into. The only songs on the album I'd question are Voodoo and Fluff. - 9/10

E5150/Neon Nights - The ominous intro track leading into the roaring opening track from Heaven and Hell. Dio launches a brutal vocals. Tony's guitar work as always is second to none, Geezer and Vinny round off the band with amazing drums and bass work. Absolutely amazing - 10/10

NIB - With a short bass intro from Geezer this eponymous album track becomes heavier and more upbeat in the live setting. Some strong work here although it shows the difference between the Ozzy and Dio era as Dio does a good job sticking closer to Ozzy's style of singing for this track. Musically it works great but vocally it holds Dio's soaring vocals back a little - 8/10

Children of The Sea - Heavy and Majestic this classic Sabbath/Dio track is still as beautiful as every on this live record, Tony's heavy guitar adds an air of sadness to the song which isn't heard on the studio version. So dark and Dio's mystical vocals from the studio become darker with the tone. A Masterpiece done perfectly. - 10/10

Voodoo - Remaining dark and heavy the next track is one which from the original album hasn't often grabbed me very much, a catchy riff is below Ronnie's howling vocals. It is improved by the live enviroment but this track from The Mob Rules doesn't pull me in fully here either. Overall a good performance just not on par with what has come before. - 7.5/10

Black Sabbath - Tony plays the doomy intro to the bands Eponymous track, far less doomy sounding at first before the song's true intro comes in with the rest of the band. Dio sings this doomy track fairly well, his ad-libs and cries fit it perfectly but the calm verses are weaker from him. Very dynamic performance in general and very dynamic in the sense of it goes from amazing performances to good. This song has it all, it feels like a whole album in a single song. - 8.5/10

War Pigs - Faster than the studio version with amazing musicianship Tony, lets loose a nice extended solo with the band complimenting him throughout. Dio's wordless singing over the building guitar is very fitting of the song, however that stops when the drum solo cuts in and the band stops playing with Vinny, killing the energy of the song. - 7.5/10 (If No drum solo 8.5/10)

Iron Man - Dio growls out the song's intro before following the songs classic format. Another song which is so distinctly Ozzy and as a result Dio's vocals seem so different. However he does an admirable job turning this overplayed song into something slightly different. - 8/10

The Mob Rules - Side 3 opens with this lineups first album's title track, vicious and fast paced, Tony lays out some brutal guitar work and Ronnie sings. Great drum work from Appice. - 10/10

Heaven And Hell - The side is dominated by a drawn out rendition of Heaven and Hell, the brutal intro riff is such a horn raising heavy metal anthem, Dio's crowd participation at the beginning fits it fairly well. Tony's guitar solo is encompassed in the massive title track. - 8/10

Sign Of The Southern Cross/Heaven and Hell - The epic track from Mob Rules comes in to open the final side of the album, shortened but the band delivers the parts of it that they choose to perfectly before seemlessly switching back into Heaven and Hell's breakdown and coda. Dio's big black shape/little white shape adlibs should honestly have been on the studio version since it is perfect for the song. A great ending to the two track suite - 9/10

Paranoid - Ripping into one of the band's most well known tracks, Of the Ozzy tracks thus far Dio performs the best on this classic show closer. Great soloing from Tony, heaven and hell's reprise on the end of this song signals that it closes out the main setlist of the show seeing as Sabbath are known for their single song encores that it something that makes sense, a strong set closer - 9/10

Children Of The Grave - Opening with the Embryo solo the band closes off the show with an outright roaring rendition of Children of The Grave, Ronnie does an admirable job on the track. The might of Black Sabbath on top of their game is undeniable. - 9/10

Fluff - outro music which frankly shouldn't be on the live album but does close it off nicely

Flow - The set flowed great aside from the whole War Pigs/Drum solo - 9/10

Overall Thoughts - A great live album which would have benefitted with a couple less Ozzy tracks and more Dio tracks. - 8.5/10

Overall 87%

188/365
Bat_out_of_Hell_II.jpg

Bat Out Of Hell II: Back To Hell

I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) - Meat Loafs sixth album kicks off with one of his most well known tracks, opening with the sounds of a motor bike with interluding keyboards, before Meat Loaf comes in with the chorus. Once the first chorus comes the band lays into a great musical passage. Dramatic and chilling. - 9/10

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back -Shifting instantly the next track goes directly into a drum beat with some great guitar work soon accompanying it, much darker than the previous track, that guitar work remains in the background laying out a killer rhythm. Meat's vocals have so much anger behind them. Amazing - 10/10

Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through - A bass line plays in the background as Meat sings clearly the band slowly building up in the background the verses are wonderful, chorus is a little bit weaker than the rest of the song but this song still is incredibly strong, the instrumental bridge features a saxophone reaching notes that sound like screams. Amazing prechorus. - 9.5/10

It Just Won't Quit - Opening in a piano ballad before becoming a dramatic midpaced track, not on par with the 3 amazing song which preceded it but still enjoyable. - 7.5/10

Out Of The Frying Pan And Into The Fire - Getting a little more on track Meat sings another dynamic track, nice and driving. - 8.5/10

Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are - The second longest track on the album, piano work and slow until after the first chorus having teased a louder explosive section before returning to the piano ballad. The callback to Paradise By The Dashboard light is great. - 7.5/10

Wasted Youth - A spoken word track having callbacks to the first Bat Out Of Hell album. It fits with the album but as a track I will be excluding it from the overall album's ranking.

Everything Louder Than Everything Else - Transitioning from the previous track perfectly, darker once more than the previous tracks. The chorus is a little repetitive but it does have quite a lot of energy - 8.5/10

Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere) - A saxophone solo opens up the next track, upbeat with some nice choir style vocals. It has a nice beat to it and the song is fairly poppy like the other Pandora's box cover on the album. - 8/10

Back Into Hell - The title track, in this case a short instrumental track, a building instrumental track which has callbacks to the rest of the album. Overall it would have been a strong introductory track - 8/10

Lost Boys And Golden Girls - Closing off the album is a piano ballad, powerful and emotive without any fancy guitar solos just a calm closer to the album - 8.5/10

Overall 85%

189/365
Queensryche_-_Empire_cover.jpg

Empire - Queensyrche

Best I Can - Opening with a spoken intro the band launches into a fairly straightforward rocker, Tate's vocals soar in the chorus. The band stays in the background for the majority of the track. A nice heavier solo ensues. Amazing vocally. - 9/10

The Thin Line - A slow guitar cycle opens up the second track, a different track, slow verses and chorus but overall not really a slow track. The chorus has always been hit and miss for me, some days it is amazing others I skip the song altogether. Tate sings lower, and the bass work is clearly audible. - 7.5/10

Jet City Woman - One of the band's classic tracks, the slow building intro launches into a guitar solo Tate comes in singing, soaring vocals with some nice harmonies and high notes. Guitar work is really strong, the intro to the guitar solo is a nice transition calming down before erupting once more. A great live track - 9/10

Bella Brown - Opening up with some recorded sounds of the city something which Queensryche have been fond of using in the past. A nice bass line keeps the pace as Tate sings, some very different vocal effects on this track. And a nice subdued solo. Slow and overly drawn out. - 6/10

Another Rainy Night (Without You) - Kicking back into action is another of the band's classic tracks although I'd say the least well known of the 4 on the album. An amazing track with killer vocals and a great chorus and verses. An amazing track start to finish, the solo and the return of the vocals following the solo is an unreal sequence. - 10/10

Empire - The title track continues on the classic track attack. Heavier and with a dark subject matter, the song features some great guitar work and once again killer vocals from Tate. Wilton's guitars are amazing throughout with an amazing solo. Vocally strong although the chorus starts a little odd but it makes the track unique - 10/10

Resistance - Quickly starting with a much more upbeat riff than anything that has occurred on the album prior. Tates vocals are high and keep the upbeat nature, until the pre-chorus which takes on a similar vocal style of Empire. The upbeat nature, amazing intro riff and high vocals all come together for a really enjoyable song. - 9/10

Silent Lucidity - The calm power ballad, absolutely amazing and sentimental, not the typical cheesy ballad from the 80s/early 90s but one which is well thought out while remaining commercial. - 10/10

Hand On Heart - Another midpaced track featuring some nice vocal work as usual. Not quite as good as the majority of what has come before. The lyrics aren't the most enticing. - 7.5/10

One And Only - Another track which goes on a little too long, more commercial lyrics here and it doesn't quite fit the band, the crying guitars are a nice touch. - 8/10

Anybody Listening? - The album closes with its longest track, the mighty Anybody Listening, a masterpiece closing off the album with an amazing performance from the whole band. Starting off soft and calm before the chorus comes in and the song erupts. - 10/10

Overall 87%

189/365
Queensryche_-_Empire_cover.jpg

Empire - Queensyrche

Best I Can - Opening with a spoken intro the band launches into a fairly straightforward rocker, Tate's vocals soar in the chorus. The band stays in the background for the majority of the track. A nice heavier solo ensues. Amazing vocally. - 9/10

The Thin Line - A slow guitar cycle opens up the second track, a different track, slow verses and chorus but overall not really a slow track. The chorus has always been hit and miss for me, some days it is amazing others I skip the song altogether. Tate sings lower, and the bass work is clearly audible. - 7.5/10

Jet City Woman - One of the band's classic tracks, the slow building intro launches into a guitar solo Tate comes in singing, soaring vocals with some nice harmonies and high notes. Guitar work is really strong, the intro to the guitar solo is a nice transition calming down before erupting once more. A great live track - 9/10

Bella Brown - Opening up with some recorded sounds of the city something which Queensryche have been fond of using in the past. A nice bass line keeps the pace as Tate sings, some very different vocal effects on this track. And a nice subdued solo. Slow and overly drawn out. - 6/10

Another Rainy Night (Without You) - Kicking back into action is another of the band's classic tracks although I'd say the least well known of the 4 on the album. An amazing track with killer vocals and a great chorus and verses. An amazing track start to finish, the solo and the return of the vocals following the solo is an unreal sequence. - 10/10

Empire - The title track continues on the classic track attack. Heavier and with a dark subject matter, the song features some great guitar work and once again killer vocals from Tate. Wilton's guitars are amazing throughout with an amazing solo. Vocally strong although the chorus starts a little odd but it makes the track unique - 10/10

Resistance - Quickly starting with a much more upbeat riff than anything that has occurred on the album prior. Tates vocals are high and keep the upbeat nature, until the pre-chorus which takes on a similar vocal style of Empire. The upbeat nature, amazing intro riff and high vocals all come together for a really enjoyable song. - 9/10

Silent Lucidity - The calm power ballad, absolutely amazing and sentimental, not the typical cheesy ballad from the 80s/early 90s but one which is well thought out while remaining commercial. - 10/10

Hand On Heart - Another midpaced track featuring some nice vocal work as usual. Not quite as good as the majority of what has come before. The lyrics aren't the most enticing. - 7.5/10

One And Only - Another track which goes on a little too long, more commercial lyrics here and it doesn't quite fit the band, the crying guitars are a nice touch. - 8/10

Anybody Listening? - The album closes with its longest track, the mighty Anybody Listening, a masterpiece closing off the album with an amazing performance from the whole band. Starting off soft and calm before the chorus comes in and the song erupts. - 10/10

Overall 87%
I agree with most of the review. I would personally give Jet City Woman and The Thin Line a 10 though. Della Brown isn't too bad either. What do you think of Promised Land?

I agree with most of the review. I would personally give Jet City Woman and The Thin Line a 10 though. Della Brown isn't too bad either. What do you think of Promised Land?
Jet City is one of those songs that fluctuates in my liking so some days I would put it at a 10, today I felt like being more regular.Thin Line as I said is hit and miss it will probably become a grower. Bella Brown I just felt it dragged on too long but I will probably listen to it again since it wasn't unlistenable I just found it boring.

Never heard Promised Land (I've heard I Am I once and Someone Else? a couple times) and I don't own it on any format currently so it likely will be a while before it gets reviewed but I want to do it!

Never heard Promised Land (I've heard I Am I once and Someone Else? a couple times) and I don't own it on any format currently so it likely will be a while before it gets reviewed but I want to do it!
Promised Land is a hidden gem. Definitely a very different record from Empire.

Back