365 Albums In One Year

Poison get a lot of flack, but they’re actually a far better band than people give them credit for being. Their songs are full of great hooks, catchy riffs, and powerful performances all-round. “Nothin’ But A Good Time” and “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” are hair metal classics, and “Fallen Angel” is one of my favorite songs ever. Criminally undervalued group.

Poison get a lot of flack, but they’re actually a far better band than people give them credit for being. Their songs are full of great hooks, catchy riffs, and powerful performances all-round. “Nothin’ But A Good Time” and “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” are hair metal classics, and “Fallen Angel” is one of my favorite songs ever. Criminally undervalued group.
Having seen them live I can say that while their records have many catchy songs their true talent is in putting on an amazing show full of hits and energy!

Personally they don’t hold up versus Def Lep or Bon Jovi from the same era but they are definitely a good band

162/365
Led_Zeppelin_-_In_Through_the_Out_Door.jpg

In Through The Outdoor - Led Zeppelin
Format: Vinyl

In The Evening - A synthy intro leads into the final opening track released in John Bonham's lifetime. A strong track throughout, Plant delivers and the band plays quite well - 9/10

South Bound Saurez - More keys introduce the 2nd track, a decent track - 7.5/10

Fool In The Rain - A calm and longer track, not an amazing track but solid nonetheless - 8/10

Hot Dog - A quick riff leads into the silly tune. - 7.5/10

Carouselamabra - Long and synth filled, the final Zeppelin epic, with 3 distinct sections and being heavily focused on the keys of John Paul Jones, however the track doesn't do a lot for me. It is a decent track - 8/10

All Of My Love - A slow ballad, sounds more like a Plant solo track than a Zeppelin track. The end was imminent for the band regardless of Bonzo's death, or at least a break would definitely have happened soon. - 8/10

I'm Gonna Crawl - The final track begins with a large organ sound, a very bluesy track closing off the final album - 8/10

Overall 80%

Time to do the first album I ever bought on Vinyl...

163/365
WorldWideLive.jpg

World Wide Live - Scorpions

Initial Thoughts - A Killer setlist from the latest 4 albums from the band, omitting a couple songs which could have been amazing namely Lovedrive and China White. However it is hard to argue with the set they used. Wish some Roth era was there.- 9/10

Countdown/Coming Home - The crowd noise intro leads into the high rocking Coming Home, omitting the calm intro entirely the band is on fire from the start. Klaus' vocals sound somewhat strained but the band delivers greatly. - 9/10

Blackout - The title track to the bands 8th album is second, a killer track amazing solos and Klaus delivers, it is hard to imagine them putting this massive hit so early in a setlist when nowadays it is one of the final two of the main set on nearly every tour. - 10/10

Bad Boys Running Wild - A solid track on the original album plays fairly well live, better than the original and Klaus sounds stronger on here than on Coming Home - 8.5/10

Loving You Sunday Morning - The first track from the mighty Lovedrive album kicks off with that recognizable riff. A nice dynamic track, the driving bass is great throughout. It is quite strong just not quite perfect - 9.5/10

Make It Real - This track is completely elevated by the live environment, Make It Real becomes heavier and faster than the studio version. The band delivers an amazing performance of this solid track - 10/10

Big City Nights - Side 2 kicks off with another song which is amplified by the live atmosphere, great riffing throughout another song made better in every way - 10/10

Coast To Coast - The instrumental track, Klaus joins in on the guitar work and the band delivers some nice solos throughout. Overall it maintains the exact feel of the studio album but the tone of the guitars really sings live - 10/10

Holiday - Following the guitar assault the band mellows out for a shortened acoustic performance of Holiday, personally the performance is absolutely amazing however only playing the first half of the song makes me feel like something is missing, would be a 10/10 but because the missing section - 9/10

Still Loving You - The majestic masterpiece from Love At First Sting, Klaus sings beautifully Matthias and Rudolf deliver amazing guitar work, once again cut a little short in that the second chorus isn't repeated but still the song is absolutely beautiful and powerful. - 10/10

Rock You Like A Hurricane - Side 3 opens with the bands most well known song, a strong solo from Jabs opens up the track while Schenker delivers some nice solid riffs. Overall the energy of this version surpasses the studio track and shows why the song would become a live staple in conjunction with the absolutely amazing hook's - 10/10

Can't Live Without You - The opening to this track is accelerated by Francis and Herman Ze German, a song with some crowd participation which stalls the actual track from beginning. Overall the weakest studio track thus far but it still is improved from the studio version in the live environment. Would be a 9 except for that drawn out opening going on too long. - 8.5/10

Another Piece Of Meat - Another heavier track fast and unrelenting, the verses aren't amazing as a whole but the connective instrumentals are fantastic - 8.5/10

Dynamite - Blackout's monster rocker follows up continuing the trend of great solos, the band is absolutely on fire, Klaus lets loose some nice high notes on the track. Great track before and after the live treatment. - 10/10

The Zoo -Side 4 opens with what I believe is the encore for the concert, a roaring rendition of The Zoo, Rudolf begins by letting loose some screams, the groove on this track is amazing. A talkbox solo is added to the song in lieu of additional guitar solos which is a nice change. - 10/10

No One Like You - Another of the Scorps most well known tracks fills the penultimate spot of the concert. A strong preformance which is a little overshadowed by the original - 9/10

Can't Get Enough/Six String Sting - A fast paced track with high vocals from Klaus closes off the album, Matthias takes his solo spot in the center of the song, which somewhat disrupts the flow but the overall track is really great - 9.5/10

Flow - The concert flowed in a very natural order, continually having great catchy rock tracks one after the other, the only real solo section being within Can't Get Enough which works perfectly. The band was on fire and frankly still are. - 10/10

Final Thoughts - World Wide Live is an absolutely amazing album, start to finish it is filled with great performances of amazing tracks from the last 4 Scorpions albums, yes a few earlier tracks would be great as well as the two abformentioned tracks from that era. Overall a great album - 9/10

Overall 95%

Also I was looking through the review for the albums which these songs were from and realised I made a mistake
:
45/365 - Lovedrive
Lovedrive 9 ->10
Overall 96 -> 98%

Honestly don't know what I was thinking not giving it a 10 in the first place.

Last edited:
I found that album on cassette! I need to give it a play sometime.
I have been a huge Scorpions fan for the past 6 years or so when I first tried listening to hard rock and metal. The album is as good if not better today than it was back then. The entire run from Fly To The Rainbow - Love At First Sting including the 2 live albums is amazing. I'd say they have 5 albums which If I wasn't going by individual ratings would be given a clean 100%. This would be one of them.

162/365
Led_Zeppelin_-_In_Through_the_Out_Door.jpg

In Through The Outdoor - Led Zeppelin

In The Evening - A synthy intro leads into the final opening track released in John Bonham's lifetime. A strong track throughout, Plant delivers and the band plays quite well - 9/10

South Bound Saurez - More keys introduce the 2nd track, a decent track - 7.5/10

Fool In The Rain - A calm and longer track, not an amazing track but solid nonetheless - 8/10

Hot Dog - A quick riff leads into the silly tune. - 7.5/10

Carouselamabra - Long and synth filled, the final Zeppelin epic, with 3 distinct sections and being heavily focused on the keys of John Paul Jones, however the track doesn't do a lot for me. It is a decent track - 8/10

All Of My Love - A slow ballad, sounds more like a Plant solo track than a Zeppelin track. The end was imminent for the band regardless of Bonzo's death, or at least a break would definitely have happened soon. - 8/10

I'm Gonna Crawl - The final track begins with a large organ sound, a very bluesy track closing off the final album - 8/10

Overall 80%

One of the best things of this album was the package design by Storm Thorgerson and his Design Studio.
The album came wrapped in a brown paper bag and the design studio and the band decided to produce six different versions of the cover, each one seen from the point of view of a different character in the bar, so you could go to the record store to buy it but didn't know what version of the cover was. Really cool

Led Zeppelin had genius covers all-round. Not only are the images themselves iconic, but the presentation enhanced things. LZ3 had a spinning wheel with different images appearing in cutouts when you spun it around. HOTH had a slip around the album that you needed to take off to open it up. PG is my favorite though - the windows are cutouts and the inner sleeves had different pictures in the windows you could change out.

The idea came from some music industry executives and Thorgerson thought it was very bad for designers but he thought he could develop that in a very creative and positive idea. Peter Grant, the manager was insightful in releasing that it was important that their image walk hand to hand with their music.
There were great design album covers in the 70's with great ideas.
To me the best one was the album cover of Thick as a Brick, a concept album by Jehtro Tull. the album cover is a newspaper with ficticious and very funny news and stories, games and comic strips… a great and creative idea that came from the leader of the band Ian Anderson and the bass player Jeffrey Hammond, both studied in art school and created and developed the newspaper.

164/365
Creedence_Clearwater_Revival_-_Green_River.jpg

Green River - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Green River - A short title track kicks off CCR's third album, some solid southern rock guitar work here. Fogerty sings fairly well on this track, an enjoyable mid tempo track - 8/10

Commotion - Track 2 kicks off with a solo and a consistent drum beat, the guitar work sounds like a saxophone on the intro, a solid track throughout with some nice guitar work - 8.5/10

Tombstone Shadow - Some fairly bluesy guitar work with John singing kicks off track 3, the first track which I would call weaker but I like the guitar work. - 7.5/10

Wrote A Song For Everyone - A ballad of sorts about Fogerty's marriage falling apart, a solid track - 8.5/10

Bad Moon Rising - Side 2 kicks off with an incredibly well known track, fun and easy to sing along to. A great track - 10/10

Lodi - Another solid track, quite enjoyable throughout. Fogerty's voice really suits the songs he wrote, while relatively simplistic it works great - 8.5/10

Cross-Tie Walker - This track's intro makes me feel like this is a song for a camp fire. An upbeat and fun track - 8/10

Sinister Purpose - A track with a decent groove, it doesn't connect too much with me but it still is fairly enjoyable - 7.5/10

The Night Time Is The Right Time - The track closes off with a cover track, having a call and answer style vocal delivery. Overall another decent song. - 7.5/10

Overall 82%

165/365
Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_II.jpg

Led Zeppelin II - Led Zeppelin

Whole Lotta Love - The classic rock staple opens up the second album from rock legends Led Zeppelin, a lengthy rocker which has always been hit and miss for me. It is a strong song which is much better in the live environment. - 8.5/10

What Is And What Should Never Be - Slowing down for the start with some nice dynamics with a much more in your face chorus than the verses suggest. Another strong solid track - 9/10

The Lemon Song - A nice riff opens up the longest track on the album a solid track - 8/10

Thank You - The song I consider Led Zeppelin's best bar none. Thank You is a majestic masterpiece, simple but so sentimental. The openings lines to this track are absolutely amazing. And the repeat at the end is the icing on the cake - 10/10

Heartbreaker - The classic bass line intro opens side 2, another solid track, the band is very tight on this album this track especially - 8.5/10

Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman) - The b side to the previous track's single a fun little track which follows up perfectly - 8.5/10

Ramble On - The Lord of the rings based track, another strong track. On an album with really strong consistency. - 9/10

Moby Dick - As previously stated I don't like instrumental tracks... What I dislike even more are drum solo's.. A solid instrumental piece opens up Moby Dick before going full on drum solo - 6/10

Bring It On Home - A track which took a while to grow on me, Bring It On Home has a really cool riff and the main chunk of the track is absolutely great. - 9.5/10

Overall 86%

Last edited:
You obviously haven’t heard Buckethead yet.
See vocals are usually what pulls me into a song the most, very few instrumentals which I have heard do I enjoy. Coast To Coast being one which can pull me in completely. I haven't heard any non-gnr Buckethead material. Likely won't be looking into it for the reviews have a fair number of albums which I've planned to get through still and keep finding more to add faster than I'm listening to them.

166/365
GretaVanFleet_AnthemOfThePeacefulArmy.jpg

Anthem Of The Peaceful Army - Greta Van Fleet

Age Of Man - A longer track opens up the debut album from up and coming artists Greta Van Fleet, some nice guitar work early on, starting calm before becoming more upbeat and heavy. Vocally really nice. A really strong track - 9/10

The Cold Wind - A shorter and much more direct track comes in next, not quite as good as the previous track but a solid one throughout - 8/10

When The Curtain Falls - One of the singles for the album, a straightforward rocker. Overall quite strong - 9/10

Watching Over - Slowing down the band unveils another single from the album. The Zeppelin comparisons can be seen here but they still have their own spin on the sound. A really strong track - 10/10

Lover Leaver (Taker Believer) - The mighty Lover Leaver Taker Believer closes off side 1 of the album. The extended Jam is unreal in concerts, overall another amazing track - 10/10

You're The One - An acoustic intro starts off side 2, a fairly solid track throughout, it does a good job showing a more sentimental side - 7.5/10

New Day - Another song beginning with some upbeat acoustic work. A fun track - 8/10

Mountain Of The Sun - A nice guitar driven rocker, not amazing but overall quite solid. - 8/10

Brave New World - The longest track on side two is a decent one not an amazing mid paced rocker. It has some moments. - 8/10

Anthem - The title track closes off the album, a track which has grown on me since its first release, a solid way to close the album - 8.5/10

Overall 86%

A little too high for me. After it settled in, I have it as a 60%. Lover Leaver fucking kills though.
Frankly my album reviews are all higher than they probably should be but instead of going through and adjusting all the albums to a new review system I'm gonna finish them all this way then go through and make adjustments on a grand scale. Album artwork would likely be added in then...

Back