365 Albums In One Year

I might. Dunno if I wanna do that one before some of the other 'classic' AIC albums or not but I'm curious how the modern incarnation of the band sounds so I'll definitely be considering it.
Facelift is the only other classic AIC album. The self titled one is pretty meh and I wouldn’t really recommend that for a new listener. The two EP’s, SAP and Jar of Flies have some songs that are considered classics. Dinosaurs IMO would be a good place to go next as it would give you a good idea as to what the newer era of AIC is like. There’s only 6 albums so it’s kind of a smaller discography.

Facelift is the only other classic AIC album. The self titled one is pretty meh and I wouldn’t really recommend that for a new listener. The two EP’s, SAP and Jar of Flies have some songs that are considered classics. Dinosaurs IMO would be a good place to go next as it would give you a good idea as to what the newer era of AIC is like. There’s only 6 albums so it’s kind of a smaller discography.
In that case I'll do Facelift and then Dinosaurs. Not sure when they'll pop up, but they'll be on the list.

I think deep inside Diesel slumbers a Savatage fan who is only waiting for the moment he gets to hear Gutter Ballet and Hall of the Mountain King for the first time.

I think deep inside Diesel slumbers a Savatage fan who is only waiting for the moment he gets to hear Gutter Ballet and Hall of the Mountain King for the first time.
I’ve heard their songs “Gutter Ballet” and “Sirens” and I quite like them. Thanks for bringing them up again, I’d not thought about them at all.

Cool initiative, Diesel. I'm gonna look forward to following your journey from the sidelines (and perhaps discover some new stuff myself) :)

A few recommendations, if you haven't heard them already:

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Sanctuary - The Year the Sun Died
Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Myrath - Legacy (Tunesian power metal with some progressive elements)
Candlemass - King of the Grey Islands (or basically anything from their discography)
Running Wild - Death or Glory
Nile - Those Whom the Gods Detest

I really like what I've heard from this album, so I'm interested in hearing the full thing.

ROB ZOMBIE - HELLBILLY DELUXE
13 Tales of Cadaverous Cavorting Inside the Spookshow International
1332491956_hellbilly-deluxe.jpg

Album 9/365

Tracks:

1. "Call of the Zombie" - Such a cool intro piece.
  2. "Superbeast" - Such a cool track, I love the way it melds metal with industrial stuff. Production is superb.
  3. "Dragula" - It's a classic for a reason. Really catchy with a very heavy sound mixed with the feel of a warehouse that's constantly moving with its pistons. Great song.
  4. "Living Dead Girl" - Love this song. First heard it in Bride of Chucky (which is also where I first heard Bruce's "Trumpets of Jericho" - that soundtrack was awesome) and it's a song I play a lot. I love the sound it has, talking that '90s feel and bumping it up a notch. It's awesome.
  5. "Perversion 99" - I know it's just an interlude, but damn, this is a fucking awesome interlude.
  6. "Demonoid Phenomenon" - It's like a chemical assault on the eardrums, and I mean that in the best way possible because this song rules.
  7. "Spookshow Baby" - Another really cool song. Maybe not as good as the other ones so far, but it's still great.
  8. "How To Make A Monster" - Such a cool way to do a song. Instead up being right up front in the offensive, it's just kinda in the background and it helps really well with the album's feel.
  9. "Meet The Creeper" - I feel like I'm just repeating myself at this point, but this is another great song. It's the kinda thing that wouldn't be as great if someone else where doing it, because it's basically your standard metal song writing... but Rob really makes it work.
  10. "The Ballad of Resurrection Joe and Rosa Whore" - At the point of the album where we could just sail into the sunset with songs that repeat the same formulas we've already had, he throws in this weird as fuck number with a lot of variation and damn is it awesome.
  11. "What Lurks on Channel X?" - Another really cool track.
  12. "Return of the Phantom Stranger" - This one basically drops out the metal and goes solely for the industrial... and it's great, but that shouldn't surprise you at this point.
  13. "The Beginning of the End" - Cool outro piece.
Best album of the nine I've gone through so far. There's not a single bad song on here, it all fits together just as it was intended, it's an industrial freakshow mixed with the heaviness of metal and it's absolutely awesome. Is it really a metal album? I guess that's up for debate, but the production, the musicianship - everything is perfect, and the only reason I won't give it a flat-out 100 is that I don't think it's as good as the albums I'd give that score to. But is it great? Yeah... this album is awesome.

Rating: 98%

Cool initiative, Diesel. I'm gonna look forward to following your journey from the sidelines (and perhaps discover some new stuff myself) :)

A few recommendations, if you haven't heard them already:

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Sanctuary - The Year the Sun Died
Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Myrath - Legacy (Tunesian power metal with some progressive elements)
Candlemass - King of the Grey Islands (or basically anything from their discography)
Running Wild - Death or Glory
Nile - Those Whom the Gods Detest
Oh yeah, I'd like to go through Aqualung sometime, I like the songs I've heard from it. I've heard In Their Darkened Shrines and Annihilation of the Wicked so it would be nice to hear another Nile album. Thanks for the suggestions!

Alright @Collin now for another grunge album.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS - CORE
Machado_STP_Core.jpg

Album 10/365

Tracks:

1. "Dead & Bloated" - I remember when I first heard this song and those opening lyrics came in and I just sat there going "WTF?" I love this song, it's awesome. Also, holy shit, this sounds so similar to Psycho Motel that I wouldn't be surprised if they nicked stuff from it to create some of their songs. Particularly the chorus sounds like the chorus to "Hypocrisy". Anyway, this is better than Psycho Motel. 10/10
  2. "Sex Type Thing" - Another really great song, love the pacing and the heaviness to it. Great stuff. 9/10
  3. "Wicked Garden" - Another cool song, I like the little things going on in the background with the instruments. 9/10
  4. "No Memory" - A really nice little interlude. n/a
  5. "Sin" - Another really great song. It's heavy but with a lot of melody. That quiet piece there feels like something off of Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy and I remember they covered "Dancing Days" from it, so I wouldn't be surprised if that influence rubbed off on them. Good stuff. 9/10
  6. "Naked Sunday" - Not as good as the previous songs but it's still pretty good. 8/10
  7. "Creep" - I've always preferred the Radiohead song of the same name, but that's not to say that this one isn't great as well. I love that chorus, and Weiland sounds shockingly like Kurt Cobain. Another pretty cool song. 9/10
  8. "Piece of Pie" - Awesome song, I love that launch back into heaviness and Weiland is excellent on this track. 10/10
  9. "Plush" - Easily one of the best grunge songs ever. That riff is awesome, the lyrics are morbid in a way I like, it's just a deserving classic and pretty much perfect. 10/10
  10. "Wet My Bed" - I dunno what I was expecting. I still don't know what I just listened to. n/a
  11. "Crackerman" - Another cool song, love that heavy riffing. 9/10
  12. "Where The River Goes" - A solid closer, maybe a little too long and a little too slow, but still solid. Gets better the further in. 8/10
Dirt's highs are better than Core's, but as far as the entire album goes, this one kicks Dirt in the ass. I never really realized how heavy STP are, and they use that heaviness to their advantage. Some really awesome grunge here, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was Psycho Motel's biggest influence. Jer keeps talking about Blaze plagiarizing things, but maybe it's time he gave this album a listen and compared it to Welcome to the World if he hasn't already. IDK, both albums are good but this one is better and stronger. No bad songs. Lots of good stuff.

Rating: 90%

Last edited:
I've heard that this album is a pile of shit... and that just makes me wanna hear it more.

THE GREAT KAT - WORSHIP ME OR DIE!
great-kat-the-worship-me-or-die-20161206110010.jpg

Album 11/365

Tracks:

1. "Metal Messiah" - Really stupid lyrics, but I think that's what she was going for. Not a big fan of her voice, but the music is pretty great.
  2. "Kat-Possessed" - This is one of the cheesiest songs I've ever heard and holy shit is it hilarious. It's just so dumb that it's somehow good. I like it ironically.
  3. "Death To You" - Yep, this one's catchy too. This is exactly the kind of thing I'd usually hate, but I think Kat's doing exactly what she intends to do and she isn't taking this seriously at all. I like that.
  4. "Satan Goes To Church" - The musicianship here is really good, and yes those lyrics are still as stupid as ever. I like it.
  5. "Worship Me Or Die!" - I feel like this whole album is just making a mockery of the thrash genre, and if so it's doing a good job at it.
  6. "Demons" - Whew. That screeching guitar.
  7. "Speed Death" - That fast as fuck riffing, those screams, holy hell.
  8. "Kill The Muthers" - Most of this song is just screeching guitar and repeated shouts to "kill the mother" and "kill the fucker". She seems really into it, too. So much for being a classically-trained violinist. Kat's found her true calling.
  9. "Ashes To Dust" - Not sure how much musical integrity it took to just scream "piece of shit" into the mic several times, but the musicianship is still really, really good.
  10. "Satan Says" - RIP Simon, we hardly knew we. Hail Sathanas.
  11. "Metal Massacre" - Rip my fucking skull out.
This is the dumbest album I have ever listened to and a fucking love it. The musicianship is just great, the drums and bass sounds great and Kat is a really good guitarist, even if she's mostly noodling at hyperspeed. The lyrics are purposely stupid but damn is this a fun way to spend a half hour. I don't care what anyone says, this albums is great (if ironically so).

Rating: 90%

You're going too fast, you'll do more than 365.
Well, the idea isn't a new album a day for a year, it's 365 new albums in one year. You never know what life hits you, and there's all kinds of albums I could do more than once, so doing it this way gives me some downtime. And if I reach my goal early, then sure, I'll go over the 365 albums goal.

Back