2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

Some controversy on that second yellow card. It looked like the ref did not want to give it at first. He waited very long and then gave it as if he was informed by the video ref. Which is not allowed. Or the rules are not clear yet. VAR can interfere if it should be red. But via a second yellow? I doubt if we'll ever learn if VAR really said something.

Very open group now.

The Koreans must be eager to not lose again. Might not be a piece of cake.
Not a piece of cake, but I'd say Mexico is a tougher opponent anyway.

On the sending off, I'd like to see if there is an actual guideline for this particular situation (if the ref is unsure about a 2nd yellow). It makes sense that VAR can be used in such a situation.

I know what will happen now. Germany will scrape their way out of the group stage and stumble into a quarter-final against England. Germany's poor form will raise English expectations through the roof only for the Germans to finally show up and give England a 2010-style kicking.

Don't think they will give Brazil an ass kicking like 2014, especially with that lousy counter defense

I know what will happen now. Germany will scrape their way out of the group stage and stumble into a quarter-final against England. Germany's poor form will raise English expectations through the roof only for the Germans to finally show up and give England a 2010-style kicking.

A win on penalties is more likely.

It looks like they're going to avoid a Group Stage crash, but Germany's struggles follows the trend of defending champions doing a terrible job in the World Cup.

1998's winners France failed to reach the Round of 16 in 2002
2006's winners Italy failed to reach the Round of 16 in 2010
2010's winners Spain failed to reach the Round of 16 in 2014

Brazil were the only exception, having reached the Quarter Finals in 2006 after winning in 2002.

Van dos, falta los suecos. And that's how you save a game at the end... damn it Germany, with the draw Mexico would have qualified today. Anyway... Beautiful goal.

It looks like they're going to avoid a Group Stage crash, but Germany's struggles follows the trend of defending champions doing a terrible job in the World Cup.

1998's winners France failed to reach the Round of 16 in 2002
2006's winners Italy failed to reach the Round of 16 in 2010
2010's winners Spain failed to reach the Round of 16 in 2014

Brazil were the only exception, having reached the Quarter Finals in 2006 after winning in 2002.
The longest trend of all is that a world champion never wins it twice in a row. Germany can still break that tradition and become the first double world champion ever.

Shake hands after the final whistle? No let's rub it in instead. The Swedish coach was angry about annoying, provoking Germans.

Look at those idiots in blue shirts coming towards the Swedish bench:

German reaction after Provokation von DFB Mitarbeitern nach Schlusspfiff:

@Shadow how have you experienced this evening? It's a bit silent with you lately.

Last edited:
In case anyone is still interested, Xerdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka are being investigated by FIFA over the Albanian gestures the other night.

I reckon Poland vs. Colombia could be a good match. England will probably dominate and beat Panama by one or two goals - I don't see them running riot. I have no idea what to make of Japan and Senegal though.

Back