2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

FIFA has also opened disciplinary proceedings against the Serbian Football Association for crowd disturbance and the display of political and offensive messages by Serbian fans. And it is reviewing statements that Serbia coach Mladen Krstajic made after the match.

FIFA has also opened disciplinary proceedings against the Serbian Football Association for crowd disturbance and the display of political and offensive messages by Serbian fans. And it is reviewing statements that Serbia coach Mladen Krstajic made after the match.
More morons then.

In other news, ze Germans did what grown ups should do. They went to the Swedish changing room after the game and apologized for their final whistle antics.

The head of the Serbian FA, Slavisa Kokeza, had some ridiculous comments:

...the whole thing was directed by the people who appoint referees... We all know too well that more than half of Switzerland's population is German.... It is clear to Europe and the world that Serbia was brutally robbed. I do not expect Fifa to take action in order for this brutal robbery not to happen again, because, I repeat, it was all directed.

Paranoid much?

I can't blame him for that considering how we were fucked over with the drone incident.

ALSO IT'S COMING HOME!!!!!

That game.

I'd let you know I thought it could have ended 7-1 - beforehand, and after the first 3 minutes. Instead Sweden gave Germany a real match. Ola Toivonen, a player who doesn't play in Toulose and who was a widely criticized choice for the squad, scores a goal Zlatan would be proud of and suddenly everything is possible. In the end it was a bitter defeat, mainly because of two things:
  • Boateng should have (at least) have had his first yellow when he very obviously fouled Berg in the penalty area, and it was a clear cut penalty. Which leads us to VAR... What the hell are these guys doing? Playing FIFA 18? Marciniak should never officiate a World Cup game again for not reviewing the situation himself.
  • Jimmy Durmaz catastrophic game. This guy have got a lot of crap for it at home, many racist remarks, which of course is utterly unacceptable and childish, but talk about unfortunate. Last seconds free-kick... Worst way to lose. Would have preferred 7-1.
It really did end just as you could have expected, but talk about the way to get there. In the end, I'm happy about two things. Sweden really is better as a team than with one amazing player. For the rest of the World Cup I hope for a win against Mexico so we at least advance from the group, and then for anyone to take out Germany.

Yeah, VAR rules are still a bit iffy. If VAR room sees something that's a penalty / red card / offisde, can the ref refuse the review?

VAR is a good thing to have but the referees are still learning how to use it. Some of the referees at the World Cup officiate in leagues/tournaments that have yet to introduce it. It was only introduced in England for the FA Cup in the season just finished and the Premier League has decided to hold off for another year on using it until the system is refined. There is a considerable amount of ironing out of the creases in the system but it's a big positive move from FIFA, and one that wouldn't have happened if Blatter was still in charge.

There's absolutely no need to actually watch any England match. Half the people in street loudly make it very clear what's going on at any given time.

Wtf was the Panama defender doing in the second penalty? Tackled Kane to the ground and if that's wasn't enough punched him in the upper back on the way down.

Players get away with stuff in the box more easily when it's a set piece, but that was so over the top.

Back