2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

But if you see it slowly Fifa is always helping the contest favorites... You can see it in Germany against Sweden and Brazil against Costa Rica.

Isn't this sort of disproved by the fact the referee cancelled a penalty to Brazil after using VAR? It would've been easy for him just to disregard VAR and stand by his initial decision.

In the more general sense, you're of course right that the big teams tend to get more decisions in their favor, but that's not unique to the World Cup. Countless are the times when a bottom-half club in any professional league feels robbed after losing to a top club.

Sorry, entered the games backwards!

26 - Saap
24 - Flash, Shadow, Wiz
23 - LC
20 - NP, Ariana
19 - Perun, Niall
17 - Forostar

Sorry Foro. I was wrong :(
LC, I'm counting 13 points for myself. I haven't checked all other scores, only mine. But with such a deviation it might be a good idea to check everything (again)?

Suarez is past it.
Barcelona-transfer-news-Luis-Suarez-Lionel-Messi-978004.jpg

He is having one of those games today...

For the first time in this mundial, he beat a defender during today's match. Also scored a FK after decades. He can still be world class, but consistency isn't there anymore.

I'm hoping for Uruguay to win 3-2. Suarez hat-trick and then a bite. There's an electric atmosphere in Samara so he's bound to get wound up.

So, who will face Uruguay and who will face Russia in the round of 16?

Spain and Portugal are dead equal before this game. If both win by the same scoreline, group B will be decided on the number of yellow and red cards :D

Uruguay looked a lot better today, although a bit wasteful in the second half. They'll be tough opposition for Spain or Portugal in the second round. If it's Portugal then we could be in for a great match if today's Uruguay and Portugal from two Fridays ago show up. If it's Uruguay from the first two matches and Euro 2016 Portugal then it will be one of the worst matches in the history of international football.

I give Russia a better shot against Portugal, but they were found out big time today. England should take note of what happens when you play a quality team after hammering a poor team in one of the first two matches. If Russia have to play Spain then I don't give them a hope in hell. They were comfortably beaten twice by Spain in Euro 2008 with, in my opinion a superior team with the likes of Arshavin at his peak. There are a few Spanish players left from that squad actually: Silva, Pique, Ramos and Iniesta.

Egypt were very disappointing in this group. They lost to shitty Saudi Arabia today.

By the way, Iran could still go through from their group if they beat Portugal. They came close to getting a draw against Spain, but I hope they've learnt how to take throw-ins!

If it's Uruguay from the first two matches and Euro 2016 Portugal then it will be one of the worst matches in the history of international football.

It will take something special to beat Norway vs Slovenia in Euro 2000 in that category.

In other news, I'll be watching Spain vs Morocco. The Iran fans have vuvuzelas.

I am looking forward to a spectacular night. Morocco is going for it 200%. For honour and their country they really want to show something even if it won't bring them any further. And I am hoping for an Iran stunt vs Portugal.

I haven't checked well but what if Spain would lose... perhaps a draw for Iran could be enough to go through?

Last edited:
Back