2015 Remasters on CD

What I'm curious about is it being a walmart exclusive, and the date being December 31st I presume is only a place holder date, as I can't imagine it being available for pre-order this far in advance.

Could be related to trying to hype the LOTB 2021 tour. :lol:

Possibly just a place holder date. :)

It was probably planned to be released around now but they probably don't want to release anything in the current climate.

Regarding remastering, did you notice a difference in Rock in Rio? I listened to the remastered version with headphones and noticed the guitars far above the other instruments and even the voice in the 2015 version .

Last edited:
Dance of Death is an improvement. As is the self titled and Piece of Mind (original release lacked low midrange and was pretty hard on the ears). The 2015 remasters beat the crap out of the nuked 98 remasters, with all its pumping. I prefer some of the 2015 remasters to the originals, but for the most part swear by the original 80s releases.

I only have DOD and AMOLAD out of the remasters. DOD is a noticeable improvement over the original, while AMOLAD Is a marginal improvement, mostly evening out track levels that were out of whack on the original release.

I’d go with the original LPs and first CD releases than with whatever Steve Harris thinks sounds best nowadays, which he might think sounds worse than the next batch of remasters to be released in due course.

If you are going to re-release your back catalogue AGAIN to milk the collectors (thankfully I stopped being one a long time ago), please add some bonus material worth writing home about.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again: the lack of imagination in the Maiden camp when it comes to re-re-re-releases is baffling.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will check out those four albums.

I do agree about the lack of imagination. Bands like Led Zeppelin and R.E.M. put unreleased material and full live albums on the second disc of their remasters. I’ve never been sure why Maiden hasn’t done this type of thing before. The closet thing was the 1995 CDs with the bonus discs.

I’d go with the original LPs and first CD releases than with whatever Steve Harris thinks sounds best nowadays, which he might think sounds worse than the next batch of remasters to be released in due course.

If you are going to re-release your back catalogue AGAIN to milk the collectors (thankfully I stopped being one a long time ago), please add some bonus material worth writing home about.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again: the lack of imagination in the Maiden camp when it comes to re-re-re-releases is baffling.
Yeah. Like, how about a couple of live bonus tracks from each album tour? They do have material.

With these re-releases the lack of imagination is a bonus.

They sound like the original releases and look like them. That might be meaningless to the likes of me and you, but for a young kid buying a Maiden album for the first time it's a far better choice than what punters have had for the last 21 years.

Saying that, do young kids buy their first Maiden album these days :lol:

Strange that they jumped from live after death to rock in rio...hopefully they release real live dead one as the 2 separate discs like the originals

I don't think Real Live Dead One (or Live At Donington etc) will be released at all in the series..these mirror the 2014 and 2017 vinyl-reissues and 2015 digital counterparts (Mastered For iTunes and Hi-Res).
So, if are going by original plan as hinted by FC-mag (which said there would be LAD+4 albums in the live-batch), then it would be:
LAD, RIR, Flight666, En ViVo! and Death On The Road.

Back