2015 Remasters on CD

I notice the same jump when I play a CD in the car. It's only little things like cymbals sounding better, but it's enough of a difference to know that I'd never want to have mp3's as the only option.

One of the reasons cymbals generally sound better in the car is because they're mainly composed of high frequencies and tweeters are usually placed in the car at or close to ear level. Tweeters reproduce mainly high frequencies.

High frequencies, unlike low frequencies, are more directional, so if you stand right in front of a tweeter your ear will capture a lot of high frequencies. If you step a little bit to the side you will notice how less high frequencies you'll hear.

That's why studio monitor speakers are generally positioned in a way that the tweeters are in line with the ears.

I've probably said this a few times already in the thread, it's a shame that LAD isn't included in this since the original master didn't have side 4 on CD so we only have the 98 master available digitally

so we only have the 98 master available digitally.
No. The 2015 remaster of Live After Death (plus Rock in Rio, Somewhere Back in Time and From Fear to Eternity, for that matter) is available for purchase on iTunes, Onkyo and HDtracks. We just don't have it on streaming services, except for Apple Music (which utilizes the iTunes masters).

Hopefully once the studio album are all released they do the live albums. I don't see why they wouldn't, I am sure they like money.

Hopefully once the studio album are all released they do the live albums. I don't see why they wouldn't, I am sure they like money.
Yes, or a pricy boxset containing everything we already have (LATR, BOTR, LAD, ME, ARLO, ARDO, LADo, RIR, DOTR, EV, TBOS:LC)... plus one or two unreleased concerts, thus enabling their grandchildren not to have to work ever! :D

More serisously, I hope they will take the opportunity to re-release Dance of Death, this time with a decent cover (i.e the stripped down one).

Somewhere in Time has a cool patch and eddie figure to go with it.... my money burns on their site and shipping to the USA from UK is getting insane

The latest batch arrived yesterday, listened to Powerslave last night, it sounds fantastic, better clarity on the bass and some of layered guitar parts.

The latest batch arrived yesterday, listened to Powerslave last night, it sounds fantastic, better clarity on the bass and some of layered guitar parts.
Compare the very opening of "Aces High" on the current remaster with that same part on any of the previous releases; makes the older ones sound thin and flat.

How are they going to release a remastered A Matter Of Life And Death if it wasn't mastered in the first place?

I actually downloaded the 2015 Mastered For iTunes version of A Matter Of Life And Death last night and maybe it is my ears playing tricks on me but the album no longer sounds like there are wet blankets covering my speakers when I play it. Hopefully the CD sounds just as good since it is the same mastering being used.

Hi guys/galsThese remasters are class, anyone know anything about the third batch release date etc?
I tried to get in contact with parlaphone but got no answer! I found no release date over google....absolutley no information of release about the 3rd batch of the Remaster from 2015 as digi pack. Normaly it should be released since May 2019. Who does know more?

Back