2014 Tour Rumours

If they had guaranteed we'd be getting a new album at the end of 2014, I could see the tour being based around that (much like their 2010 summer Final Frontier tour throughout NA). But I think they said not to expect the new album until at least 2015, if I recall?

So, yeah, I haven't got a clue either.

I have no fucking clue.

But...don't you want to speculate? I know how you love that.

This seems like one or two festival dates, if I'm reading everything right. If so, I doubt they'll unveil a brand new setlist/stage show. More than likely it'll be the last appearance of the Maiden England redux.

This would be pretty odd then. Just a couple of summer dates, not really connected to the previous tour, but not part of the next phase of the Hx tours? What they going to play then? Maiden haven't really done anything like that before.

I expect a "Complex Songs Tour" and a setlist consisted of The Fugitive. And of course Iron Maiden. And of course Run to the Hills. And of course Fear of the Dark. And of course The Trooper. And of course The Number of the Beast. And of course Running Free. And of course....

I expect a "Complex Songs Tour" and a setlist consisted of The Fugitive. And of course Iron Maiden. And of course Run to the Hills. And of course Fear of the Dark. And of course The Trooper. And of course The Number of the Beast. And of course Running Free. And of course....
Exactly!
I'd expect the setlist to look something like this.
Doctor Doctor
1. Number of the Beast
2. The Fugitive
3. Unbeliever
4. The Fugitive
5. Unbeliever
6. The Fugitive
7. The Trooper
8. Unbeliever
9. The Fugitive
10. Unbeliever
11. The Fugitive
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden (with excerpt of The Fugitive in the middle section)
----
14. The Unbeliever
15. Intro of Hallowed Be Thy Name to trick the fans, then of course the rest of the song is The Fugitive
16. Run To The Hills
Fugitive outro tape

Weird....... if they are not touring with maiden england again.........maybe another history tour,if they dont want to go to the studio right now,maybe they tought "hey! we cant not afford lose a year without doing anything,we are not 20 -40 years anymore,we are getting old and some day couldnt tour anymore in the best of the cases,so if we dont want to go to studio for the next year,lets face next historic tour and jump the new álbum to next year".

That would be my thoughts if i were nearly 60s and wanted to finish a plan.

That is quite interesting. I disagree with Maiden Revelations however, in their general assessment of early nineties reception. The Fear of the Dark tour was massive by standards of the time.

That is quite interesting. I disagree with Maiden Revelations however, in their general assessment of early nineties reception. The Fear of the Dark tour was massive by standards of the time.
Agreed. I'm pretty apprehensive, however, that this newfound pressure to create absolute blockbuster tours will lead them to just do another Trooper/2 Mins/RTTH/NOTB/etc. tour with a couple songs from NPFTD and FOTD thrown in. What would be really fantastic is if they threw in some Blaze stuff.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. They headlined huge festivals in 2010 with a setlist that consisted of almost nothing but post-2000 songs. No Trooper, no Run to the Hills, no Two Minutes.

The 2010 setlist was tremendous.

The main thing that annoys me about the prospect of a 'No Prayer for the Dying'/'Fear of the Dark' themed tour is that there's no chance of 'Fear of the Dark' being dropped from the setlist. <_<

This is very interesting. I'm not a huge fan of the 90's but no way in hell would this stop me from going to see them. If anything, maybe it will give me a whole new outlook on the era.

Interesting indeed. I'm a little bit surprised, if that's what they are planning next year, I'd expected a handful of 'greatest hits' type shows if anything in 2014.

Wouldn't it be strange however, that if they're going on a Live at Donington tour, they would not play Donington?

All this is starting to become quite interesting.

Wouldn't it be strange however, that if they're going on a Live at Donington tour, they would not play Donington?
It would be super-weird if they played there two years running though. There are alternative options in the UK to Download festival of course. There used to be Sonisphere festival at Knebworth, which I don't expect to come back but I guess it still could, and Iron Maiden would sell tickets even if they're playing what is regarded by many to be their weakest material. The Reading and Leeds festivals could book them which would give them two dates but R&L rarely book Metal bands now, and I would prefer them not to play at those festivals. They could do a one-off show at Twickenham or another outdoor venue again, or a couple of shows at the O2. Maybe even an arena tour! Who knows?

Hmmm. one more announcement left, tomorrow. Bloody Sunday!
It sounds like you're suggesting U2.

Back